Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Poise Under Pressure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

New Story: Poise Under Pressure

Sep 22, 2014, 2:59 PM

Poise Under Pressure

Deshaun Watson scored his first career touchdown Saturday night against Florida St., but those expecting the freshman to get excited, do a dance, spike the football or talk a little trash were sorely disappointed. Where does he get his calm demeanor? What does he say about being the starter and how did he learn of the start? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Poise Under Pressure

Sep 22, 2014, 3:08 PM

This kid is the real deal. Wonder if he will lose a game as a starter at Clemson.

Sep 22, 2014, 7:23 PM

Unless his OC wakes up, yes, he could lose a lot of games.

Sep 22, 2014, 3:09 PM

"Deshaun Watson scored his first career touchdown Saturday night against Florida St."

Um, No that would have been against UGA the first game of the season.

I know, right. Threw a laser to Peake for a TD in Q2 at UGA

Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM

I know, right. Threw a laser to Peake for a TD in the 2nd Quarter at UGA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Ah, good. Changed it to "rushing" touchdown.***

Sep 22, 2014, 3:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Meanwhile Winston was seen fist pumping and showboating

Sep 22, 2014, 3:16 PM

ON THE SIDELINE!

Re: Meanwhile Winston was seen fist pumping and showboating

Sep 22, 2014, 3:42 PM

I'm just totally shocked. Really? Winston did that? Say it ain't so.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Meanwhile Winston was seen fist pumping and showboating ]

Ahhh 49 times right!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 7:25 PM

His day will come.

We're about to win 9 straight.

Sep 22, 2014, 3:55 PM

Louisville, GT, and USC, and maybe @BC are all possible losses but I think once we get rolling these next 2 games were going to take off.

Re: We're about to win 9 straight.

Sep 22, 2014, 4:15 PM

Louisville and GT shouldn't be an issue at all. BC could be a trap game - and of course USC is going to always be tough - but the other two should be no problem.

Sep 22, 2014, 9:46 PM

BC a "trap" game. I don't get that at all. Hell they steamrolled #9 USC. And we play them at there place. Don't think it's a trap game. Clemson should win at least 8 more games. And just hope one of them is SC.

Sep 22, 2014, 7:26 PM [ in reply to We're about to win 9 straight. ]

BC may be the toughest of all those teams.

Sep 22, 2014, 4:24 PM

His comments sound a lot like Sammy Watkins his freshman year. Nothing but class. Let the performance do whatever bragging should be done.

Sep 22, 2014, 4:28 PM

DW is cool as a cucumber. I don't think being named the starter against NC will go to his head. He knows this week is going to be tough. He has been tasked by Dabo to work on being proficient under center. He also will get the snaps with the first team and will have the opportunity to work on everything. He is a quick learner and will do just fine with the offense. Hopefully the Offensive line will respond with better pass and run blocking. As for.the rest of the season, let'stand take it one game at a time. Do not need to project.to win 9 in a row, or possible losses. 1 game at a time because we have a long season ahead. GO TIGERS !!!!

Sep 22, 2014, 5:48 PM

They aren't going to let me play, so I'm predicting 9 in a row wins with not one loss b/c Watson will not allow himself to be trapped in any game. 9 in a row baby, 9 in a row!!! Just my 2 cents worth..........

Gooooo Tigerssssss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 7:40 PM

I hope you are right, but weren't we recently talking about beating UGA and Fla, State?? Let's be a bit careful here. That game against BC at their house,
really scares me. Right now I think we a question mark.
Let's try and beat UNC, and then talk further.

Sep 22, 2014, 7:58 PM

Right now, I only want to beat UNC. Do that, then I'll only want to beat NCST. Do that, then I'll ... so on and so forth. Of course I want to beat them all, but you get the point. UNC will want to come out swinging after their debacle. We need to approach every game with the intensity and mindset we haf for FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2014, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Poise Under Pressure ]

I think BC is a bigger question mark than we are.

Sep 22, 2014, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Poise Under Pressure ]

Why hadn't he had work at taking snaps under center? That's coaching. Cost us the game.

You Da Man DW!!***

Sep 22, 2014, 4:32 PM

Sep 22, 2014, 4:39 PM

Deshaun Watson will be the next Coot Killer. Just like Whitehurst, he'll never let us lose to the Chickens.

Sep 22, 2014, 5:31 PM

My take on him is he has already written down somewhere that he will never lose another game to FSU. Go Tigers.

Sep 22, 2014, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Poise Under Pressure ]

If we can somehow find an OL.

Sep 22, 2014, 5:01 PM

I love this kid. He "acts like he's been there" - he scores and hands the ball to the ref and goes to the sidelines to thank his teammates and celebrate with them.

Hold on boys, we're about to go on a great ride.

Sep 22, 2014, 5:17 PM

How about the way he got behind the ball when it was snapped over his head... who does that without experience and poise... I'm impressed

Sep 22, 2014, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Poise Under Pressure ]

And, given Dabo's expertise, Stoudt gave us the best chance to win at Fla. State. Well, I guess some kind of enlightenment can come in 3 series of football. And, Stoudt announcing that he had won the starting job. How is it that poor, simple fans can see something that our highly paid coaching staff can't?

Sep 22, 2014, 5:40 PM

This guy is the face of our program now-really. After what Jamies Winston did to disgrace his school and team and yet he is shown throughout the game and praised for how he is responding to adversity. Maybe we should get Jamies to mentor Deshawn and turn him into Deshamies Wanston. Put some gold bling around his neck and have him wear a crooked baseball cap while he is interviewed. Then he would represent Clemson University the way the media wants.

Sep 22, 2014, 5:51 PM

It WON"T happen, we're acc, acc, acc!!!

Sep 22, 2014, 6:08 PM

Get ready guys, this year is about to take off. I know the first 3 weeks were tough being a fan, and we could very well be 3-0 right now but that's not how it played out. 2 losses won't kill our season and we still have a lot to play for. DW is a leader on this team as a true fr. You can see how the team rallies behind him on both sides of the ball. We will get the ball rolling against NC and I don't expect us to look back from there. The future is NOW! Go Tigers!

I don't understand this....

Sep 22, 2014, 6:12 PM

RE:snaps under center

"It's something I have to work on, to be honest.We did a little bit in fall camp"

That sounds like they really have not worked on that with Watson. If that is true, it was a stupid decision not to work on ANY possible situation instead of waiting until after the fact.

Re: I don't understand this....

Sep 22, 2014, 7:58 PM

Again, coaching cost us the game.

Re: I don't understand this....

Sep 22, 2014, 8:26 PM [ in reply to I don't understand this.... ]

it's a real head scratcher

working on center / qb exchange is one of the most basic fundamentals

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 8:07 PM

Deshaun, I just wanna hug your momma for raising such a good kid. Maturity beyond your years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 23, 2014, 10:49 AM

Well how about the next time were in that short yardage situation we hand it to our wrecking ball Kurt Fleming and let HIM run it in. I know he fumbled in the SC State game, but they could still have given him a chance. I'm pretty confident he would have gotten further than Choice. Not that I have anything at all against Choice, he's awesome. Just food for thought I guess.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic