Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Notre Dame 1977: Steve Fuller remembers the one that got away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,509

New Story: Notre Dame 1977: Steve Fuller remembers the one that got away

Sep 30, 2015, 8:03 AM

Notre Dame 1977: Steve Fuller remembers the one that got away

It’s the one that got away, and the one game that Steve Fuller still wishes had finished with a different outcome. Clemson and Notre Dame first squared off in 1977 and Clemson dominated much of the contest. What does Steve Fuller say about the game? What would be his advice to Deshaun Watson? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Notre Dame 1977: Steve Fuller remembers the one that got away

Sep 30, 2015, 8:08 AM

I thought Joe Montana was not the starter,I thought he came off the bench in the 4th quarter to lead the comeback...also I cannot recall a Jeff Butler on the team.....maybe I am getting old. I was at the game and did not know who Joe Montana was back then

Yea, it was Jerry Butler. I think sometimes the typing gets

Sep 30, 2015, 8:44 AM

fat fingered and since we constantly want new stuff to read there isn't much time for proofreading before publishing.

Re: Yea, it was Jerry Butler. I think sometimes the typing gets

Sep 30, 2015, 12:21 PM

Happens to me all the time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look at that follow through!***

Sep 30, 2015, 9:14 AM

Their much bigger lines wore ours down and that was why

Sep 30, 2015, 9:30 AM

they dominated the 4th quarter and Montana, who played the whole game, was magical in comebacks his whole career. Sitting in the stands, myself and friends around me were not surprised after Browner and the NFL defensive line and linebackers took over, then Montana and McAfee and their huge O line!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at that game and . . .

Sep 30, 2015, 9:40 AM

I would love to see the fans do the same silent treatment again. It was great.

12-0 loss to UGA in '78 our only loss that year would be the

Sep 30, 2015, 10:25 AM

one I would change over ND '77 during the yeas Fuller played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 12:20 PM

Well it looks like Steve Fuller's jersey # and his name will be back on the same field again facing Notre Dame with DW4 leading the charge for our Clemson Tigers. How sweet it will be to have DW4 and this Clemson team to beat Notre Dame as a great accomplishment for themselves, and avenging the loss for the 1977 team. Knocking the Golden Domers off their high horse in Death Valley couldn't get any sweeter for a regular season game with all the tradition that ND football program represents... I wonder if any of those guys from the 1977 team will be back in DV to cheer this 2015 team to Victory!!! GOOOOOOOO Tigerssssss and Punish those silly looking Leprechauns! ! ! ! ! ! Lil Flip anyone, or maybe some Lucky Charms ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 3:25 PM

Q: Who went into the tigers den and came out alive?

A: The tiger.

Leprechaun finger food served at 7:30 PM, this Saturday.

Main Course (Irish Stew) served at 8:05 PM.

Wash it all down with Irish Baileys.

Oct 1, 2015, 9:48 AM

Ah, so many memories. Steve made the great point that things were so much more localized then. I also remember the one great RB that got away. Mr. Ken Calicutt. Great talent, just hated classes. Then there was the irony of future best friends, Montana and Clark playing in this game on opposite sides. I've always wondered how much of a hard time they gave each other about this game over the years. And even though it may have been cheesy to some, I miss the tiger with his moving tail on top of the scoreboard.

Oct 1, 2015, 3:52 PM

The thing I mostly recall about Calicutt was his unique gift of turning the ball loose at the most crucial times. Fumbled twice in the ND game, once on the ND 40 and again on about the CU 40-45. Tigers were moving the ball well both times. Also fumbled just before going into the endzone in the SC game that year. Luckily we recovered or it may have cost the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,509
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic