Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: No Margin for Error
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

New Story: No Margin for Error

Oct 7, 2015, 7:01 AM

No Margin for Error

Clemson’s defense was almost perfect through three quarters of Saturday’s win over Notre Dame, but if the Tigers are to beat a wounded Georgia Tech team this weekend they will need a full-game effort. Why? Because the margin for error is small.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: No Margin for Error

Oct 7, 2015, 9:15 AM

Our defense has played well against the run for the most part. Our defense played its tail off against GaTech last year. If it wasn't for a couple of GIFTS last year we win that game. And also with the way our OLine is play right now I think we will win the trenches and get the running game going early and often to keep them on the sideline. With our defense playing well, if we get up on them early enough and cause them to throw the ball they are right where we want them. I don't think they have the WRs to get open on our secondary.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get back guy

Oct 7, 2015, 10:55 AM

Did anyone else notice that in the picture that almost everyone is in some type of rain gear?
Everybody but Coach V's get back guy. What a man!!

Re: Get back guy

Oct 7, 2015, 5:07 PM

Haha. I was going to post the same thing. Smotherman doesn't need rain gear. The rain needs Smotherman gear.

Re: New Story: No Margin for Error

Oct 7, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Margin for Error ]

Couldn't agree more...if DW doesn't go down hurt in that game we win by 3-4+ TDs. If we come to play Saturday we should roll them, but like all of the remaining games, if we don't show up prepared to dominate and play our best game...we could lose any of them.

Re: Triple option has been exposed

Oct 7, 2015, 12:41 PM

The last 3 weeks has resulted in losses for Ga.Tech. I think teams are setting up to make the yellowjackets QB beat them throwing. Also, i believe other defensive lines are playing back a little more off the ball since the option blocking is on timing. This allows the defense to move quicker to the ball and react to the cut blocks better. If this continues to be the success against this type of offense then Tech will be forced to create a whole new style of offense. We will see.

Issue was DB's blitzing too much & overly aggressive

Oct 7, 2015, 12:58 PM

Yes, they set the tone early & made many fantastic plays--several for loss. However, it's kinda like they got too greedy & forgot their fundamental coverages. A decent QB would have been able to lob over the top at least 3 times in 1st half for walk-in TDs. Granted, the hard rush made him scramble for his life, but there were wide open receivers to be found. In the second half, his coaches made some adjustments & were able to take advantage of the open guys. I thought maybe a bit more man coverage could have been used, but I don't know football very well. Looked like a bit of 'prevent' mentality was in place and too much catch & run about ruined the night.

Defense will do their jobs

Oct 7, 2015, 5:03 PM

Im worried about the offense. Elliott & Scott HAS GOT TO open the offense up full speed!!! They are only messing the offense up by playing this stupid conservative play. Watson is too good of a QB to keep him and his arm on a leash! Clemson has always been an explosive offensive team i dont know why they want to change it now?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic