Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: National Signing Day Primer: Where will the final targets end up?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: National Signing Day Primer: Where will the final targets end up?

Feb 6, 2018, 1:21 PM

National Signing Day Primer: Where will the final targets end up?

National Signing Day, the February edition, kicks off early Wednesday morning as the remaining recruits from across the country make their final decisions. That includes a group of six prospects that we are watching. Will Clemson get all six? Of course not. Will Clemson get shut out in tomorrow’s proceedings? I doubt it. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: National Signing Day Primer: Where will the final targets end up?

Feb 6, 2018, 1:33 PM

we might land one guy but it would be grrrrrrrrrreat ;) if we could land more than one. worst case scenario we have an amazing class thats already on campus

Re: New Story: National Signing Day Primer: Where will the final targets end up?

Feb 6, 2018, 2:54 PM

That great class seems to have been forgotten. Or it feels like that anyway. Obviously I don’t understand about the db’s. We do have a great one but it seems like we got in late on most of them. Without surprise exits, why didn’t we recruit some more earlier. As I said, good chance I’m missing something. Usually the case. That’s why this is a question and not a statement.

But as stated above, we already have a great class!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2018, 3:08 PM

Agree about missing on the early defensive backs but sometimes it happens and Dabo and company are honest with the recruits and don't over commit to 50 guys so every once in a while it hurts us. I would much rather have a good relationship with the high school coaches across the country and not over commit then land one guy who might not even make it on the 2 deep.

I think we have all seen what happens at schools like Tenn. and others that are always having to recruit 30 guys every year because they either transfer out or they weren't any good and really weren't what the university was looking for but had to sign a bunch of guys because of the bad recruiting they had done in the first place.

Feb 6, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: National Signing Day Primer: Where will the final targets end up? ]

It also seem like a great situation for a couple of talented DBs to come in an have possible early playing time with the usual how quick can they get acclimated to the BV defensive scheme!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2018, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: National Signing Day Primer: Where will the final targets end up? ]

DB recruiting was just not all that good this cycle. It seems like they got in on some a bit late, but they also just missed on a lot, especially at safety. We were definitely in the mix early for a lot of elite guys: Campbell, Monday, Radley-Hiles, Kelvin Joseph, O'Neal, Cook, Johnson, etc.

I think the team will be fine, so long as we have fewer injuries than this past season. It could get a little interesting on the back end in 2019 though. Wallace, Mullen, and Simmons all seem like guys who could have big seasons and leave early, which coupled with Fields being gone could cause some concern about both starters and depth depending on how tomorrow shakes out.

Feb 6, 2018, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: National Signing Day Primer: Where will the final targets end up? ]

I totally agree that if clemson lands just one of those guys in addition to who we have already signed it will be a success. I really thought we would be landing flowers but doesn't seem to good now. I really like Goodrich so I def would like to land him over more than flowers. I'd be so excited if we land Ross I've been wanting Ross forever now. Go Tigers!!

Feb 6, 2018, 4:16 PM

I hate to be the pessimist, but looks like a shutout to me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2018, 5:43 PM

I don't think we get shut out tomorrow, I have a gut feeling on Goodrich. But even if we do get shut out we have a great class with 4 top 10 guys. I'm more than happy with our class regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Agree, but still a good class. Just small. Will have to.....

Feb 6, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: National Signing Day Primer: Where will the final targets end up? ]

load up in '19

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic