Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Monte Lee apologizes to fans for season-opening series loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Monte Lee apologizes to fans for season-opening series loss

Feb 19, 2017, 5:10 PM

Monte Lee apologizes to fans for season-opening series loss

Clemson lost the season-opening series to Wright St. following a desultory 9-2 defeat Sunday afternoon, and head coach Monte Lee had a few words for the fans about the defeat. (Photo by David Grooms) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for Monte Lee...

Feb 19, 2017, 5:17 PM

he'll practice them hard this week I bet

Re: New Story: Monte Lee apologizes to fans for season-opening series loss

Feb 19, 2017, 5:32 PM

Not many coaches come out and take the blame the way he does. It shows he stands up for his team, look for a big turnaround now!

Go Monte and go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Is this a shot at Brownell???***

Feb 19, 2017, 5:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this a shot at Brownell???***

Feb 19, 2017, 6:04 PM

Not a shot at Brad, he has enough coming his way, just a comment on how well Monte takes up for his players. A coaches love can go a long way in getting guys engaged in playing their best for him.

Monte won the ACC with a first year team when he was not expected to last year. I admire his ability to take the blame and then coach them up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 19, 2017, 5:57 PM

He will get it fixed!

Embarrassing , no other way to put it.

Feb 19, 2017, 6:13 PM

Not good.

Feb 19, 2017, 6:19 PM

Hmm I think this is what I was telling posters 2 hours ago. No need to hit the panic button. Seriously, losing sucks and I'm sure it does more for the coaches and players than us.

We'll get a better idea of how good WS is next weekend when they play the coots. Unfortunately the coots got a good team this year... D1 said the coots have the best weekend pitching rotation in the country.

That's THE series we have to WIN!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO baseball is much different than most other

Feb 19, 2017, 6:57 PM

sports in that you can only coach a kid so much. A kid can look like a beast in the cage but when it's time to face 90-95mph bullets things can change. It's very hard to simulate ABs in practice because you don't want to stress your own pitchers. I saw some poor hitting this weekend.

What he can fix is some of the base running mistakes and OF errors. That will come with confidence and reps as we mesh these boys together.

Last year we exceeded expections and I am afraid some Tnet posters expect us to be better this year because it's Monte's 2nd year. I just don't see it as we have a ton to replace. The Coot series in 2 weeks will be a true barometer. That team is loaded with pitching.

With all that I still need think program made the right decision and we will be consistently where we expect as Monte continues to recruit. Remember this is really only his 2nd class.

IMO baseball is much different than most other

Feb 19, 2017, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Monte Lee apologizes to fans for season-opening series loss ]

sports in that you can only coach a kid so much. A kid can look like a beast in the cage but when it's time to face 90-95mph bullets things can change. It's very hard to simulate ABs in practice because you don't want to stress your own pitchers. I saw some poor hitting this weekend.

What he can fix is some of the base running mistakes and OF errors. That will come with confidence and reps as we mesh these boys together.

Last year we exceeded expections and I am afraid some Tnet posters expect us to be better this year because it's Monte's 2nd year. I just don't see it as we have a ton to replace. The Coot series in 2 weeks will be a true barometer. That team is loaded with pitching.

With all that I still need think program made the right decision and we will be consistently where we expect as Monte continues to recruit. Remember this is really only his 2nd class.

Feb 19, 2017, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Monte Lee apologizes to fans for season-opening series loss ]

I think the dirtpeckers lost today too.

Feb 19, 2017, 7:22 PM

Good to hear coach Lee be accountable. Unlike the current, and hopefully soon to be fired, basketball coach who blames everything and everyone but himself for Clemson's basketball losses. We stand with coach Monte Lee!

Stop being ridiculous. Brownell frequently accepts blame for losses.***

Feb 19, 2017, 11:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

you are an idiot. "We" stand with Monte Lee........

Feb 20, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Monte Lee apologizes to fans for season-opening series loss ]

Until he losses a few more games. Then we talk crap about him and wish him to be fired.

No apologies needed and quite frankly it is

Feb 19, 2017, 11:35 PM

a little disturbing to hear one. Shat happens but c'mon. There will be bumps in the road. Every fan knows that and will accept it but for a coach to admit he didn't prepare the team the first weekend of the year is far worse than just letting it go and saying nothing or "We will bounce back from this". Sometimes it's best just not to comment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2017, 8:56 AM

Year 2 of a new coach when he takes over a stagnant program can be bumpy. Dabo went to the ACCCG in year 1 but year 2 was 6-7. Im not saying they are going to have a bad year but if Monte is going to have a bad year at Clemson, it would be year 2. Long term he is definitely the guy we want... years 3+ will show it. We will see what happens this year. Long way to go yet.

Feb 20, 2017, 9:06 AM

My concerns are pitching (other than Krall), and a new guy at catcher that is struggling so far. I think other issues can be resolved when all of our starters are healthy again.

Maybe hitting is still a problem too. We need to step up or teams will pitch around Beer every time.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic