Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,833

New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day

Aug 1, 2017, 2:01 PM

Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day

Mike Reed has a talented and deep group of cornerbacks who have made major strides over the summer. Now, they need to put it all together on game days. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day

Aug 1, 2017, 3:08 PM

Not knocking Edmond and Carter...But I never understand how they got more playing time last year and they are starting over Fields and Mullen. I hope it isn't the seniority stuff.

Re: New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day

Aug 1, 2017, 4:03 PM

Edmund makes big plays. I think he is great.

Aug 1, 2017, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day ]

Carter has the lowest opposing QB passer rating of any returning ACC DB, and all what Edmonds did was end games last year. But I'm sure you're right, they only got more PT be use of senority.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 1, 2017, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day ]

Carter is an absolute stud. He was shut down on everyone except for Bucky Hodges - who had like a foot on him (and only when Evans started scrambling and evading pressure, I don't think anyone can shut down Hodges for 7+ seconds). He also plays extremely physical and is a huge asset in run support.

As this other gentlemen said, all Edmonds did was end big games for us last year... zero issue with him being on the field. Those two guys get PT because they are great players. I mean, we won the Natty with those guys playing - shoot even more importantly we would not have won it without those guys on the team.

Not to say that we don't have studs waiting in the wings... but these guys have earned it.

Trayvon Mullen and AJ Terrell are game changers.

Aug 1, 2017, 3:38 PM

There are good corners and there are shutdown corners. These kids are shutdown guys. No disrespect to Fields, "Big Play" Edmond, or Carter.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2017, 9:43 PM

Diversity of opinion is always there, but for me Mike Reed is more qualified to get his best DBs on the field. It worked last year. I expect it to work this year.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day***

Aug 1, 2017, 11:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day***

Aug 1, 2017, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It worked well enough last year

Aug 1, 2017, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mike Reed ready to see his corners put it all together on game day ]

Team overcame good talent at DB and S to win a natl championship. No complaints but Mullen and Trayvon represent huge talent upgrades. Hopefully the younger guys will get a lot of reps this year and the older guys will coach them up.

Re: It worked well enough last year

Aug 2, 2017, 1:30 AM

SAMe person

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,833
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic