Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mickey Conn: "We have some great playmakers coming" at the safety spot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Mickey Conn: "We have some great playmakers coming" at the safety spot

Jul 21, 2017, 2:54 PM

Mickey Conn: "We have some great playmakers coming" at the safety spot

Mickey Conn stepped into the role as the coach of Clemson's safeties in January, and he knew he had talent on hand. What he didn't know was just how good some of the younger players are, and now he's looking forward to coaching the next wave of great Clemson playmakers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mickey Conn: "We have some great playmakers coming" at the safety spot

Jul 21, 2017, 3:14 PM

:)

Re: New Story: Mickey Conn: "We have some great playmakers coming" at the safety spot

Jul 21, 2017, 3:27 PM

It's easy for a fan to get sunk in Tiger mania cause we love em. But this D, if I'm understanding the coaches and experts, may humble team offenses. I know better than set impossible expectations, but wow, it looks good. Can't wait.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 8:03 AM

We all know the DL is going to make plays ...but I think the back 7 will match and maybe outshine .
Based on the pressure we should get from the DL our backers and DB's could benefit ...and I believe will be tremendous .
This lack of experience argument holds a lot of people in a trance . When you have great players and proven coaches ( Bama..ehem..) your faults and weaknesses are fewer , and your woes over losses of veteran players is mitigated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 25, 2017, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mickey Conn: "We have some great playmakers coming" at the safety spot ]

Generally speaking, coaches are reluctant to overhype their players. This has been especially true of the Tiger coaches in recent years. With the possible exception of DW4. So, when the coaching staff raves about the defense, I think it's fair to say we are going to enjoy watching these guys starting in 5 1/2 weeks.

Jul 21, 2017, 3:32 PM

I look forward to see Mickey work with the safety's. He is such a detailed coach who will help our secondary be that much better along with a Coach Reed's concentration on just the corners backs now. I believe it will help with the penalties we have gotten in the past with our defenders backs to the ball.

I'm not complaining about the job coach Reed has done with both groups but this should help all of them to be better at what they do and not get as confused on who's covering who.

With our DL and Lb's applying pressure this defense should be lights out an even better than it's ever been as long as we don't have a rash of injuries.

Go Tigers, live in the backfield and stomp out the offenses quickly with 3 and outs and turnovers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 21, 2017, 3:42 PM

I can't remember the last time I was really this excited about our secondary as a whole. There's been certain players I loved over the years, sure, and I'm always excited about BV's defenses as a whole. But this year I am really excited about the DB's we have specifically; as a group there is more talent and potential than I can remember having back there in a while

Will be interesting to see if even the level and detail of coaching improves now that Conn can dial in on the safeties and Rees can focus on giving all of his attention to the cb's

Jul 21, 2017, 4:04 PM

The Tigers got burned quite a few times last year when the opponent put a receiver in the middle of the field and had linebacker coverage. As much as I admire BB that was a play he often failed to make. Hopefully, with his size and speed, Muse can make that play. I really like him and the coaches have done a great job with him.

Jul 21, 2017, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mickey Conn: "We have some great playmakers coming" at the safety spot ]

Clemson is just bigger and faster than it's possibly ever been. We have freak athletes all over the field.

Corner

Jul 21, 2017, 7:02 PM

I have more concern at CB, than safety.

Jul 22, 2017, 12:41 AM

My goodness at the size and speed of Muse and Simmons, with a noted emphasis that both are hard hitters, as well. ?? Straight up ridiculousness!

Ladies and Gentlemen, this year we very well could be looking at the truthfully best defense in college football history. The D-line is a bunch of battle tested, star studded, dudes. Our LB unit is loaded and personally coached by the best DC in all the land. The safeties are, well, I don't even have a discriptive word that fully covers these guys measurables/talents. If our cornerbacks come to prove a point, which I believe they will, as they have the past few seasons, and history does repeat itself, we are in for a special treat, to say the least. Yes, #1 Defense in the Nation; is what I'm thinking and not just for the season, but the legitimate #1 of All-Time!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 7:40 AM

I am as excited as anyone about our defense this year, but the staff HAS to do something about the "chunk play"....to hold a team to 6 or 8 plays for nothing or a yard here and a yard there and then we get ripped for a 35 or 40 yard gain, this has to be worked on...then look out. I think back in the early 80's the Tigers' defense did not give up a touchdown for the first 5 or 6 games one season...this team can match this.

Jul 22, 2017, 10:01 AM

Never gonna happen, every team has stud athletes, even the Kent states of the world, the 80s are gone......chunk plays happen to every defense

Jul 25, 2017, 2:59 PM

I agree with you about the '80s being gone. Different era completely, but I do believe Clemson will have a top 4-5 defense this year, maybe better. If the offense gets on a roll, watch out.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic