Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mickey Conn: "Dabo is doing something special here"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

New Story: Mickey Conn: "Dabo is doing something special here"

Mar 27, 2016, 10:23 AM

Mickey Conn: "Dabo is doing something special here"

Mickey Conn was not only entrenched at Grayson High School, in many ways he was Grayson. So why leave the familiarity of home for a new job? Because he believes in Dabo Swinney. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mickey Conn: "Dabo is doing something special here"

Mar 27, 2016, 12:08 PM

Now that sounds like two coaches we as fans want around our kids! Dabo is doing something special here, and Coach Conn sounds as if he needed no help buying into what we are doing. I look forward to having two new coaches to have eyes on things while our main coaches are busy preparing the guys on game week. This will eliminate bad habits we can fall into and tendencies to tip our hand. This is what other great programs have had that we were lacking. #gotigers #allin #cuintampa

Mar 27, 2016, 4:51 PM

First, it hasn't been a secret that what Dabo is doing at Clemson is special, we knew that. Secondly, this will give our coordinators more time with the players without having to take time away by getting other things ready for them do, it will be ready and waiting on them when they move into the next phases. Plus an extra pair of eyes over looking the things the coaches can't see in their positions on the field. This should be like add an extra month of getting to what they couldn't have bc they couldn't be at two place at once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is now the industry of college FB....just compare it to

Mar 27, 2016, 12:59 PM

10yrs ago....
20yrs ago....

For better or worse, CFB has changed. 24/7 player development. Multi-million dollar coaches. Facility infrastructure. Recruiting staffs and private consultants. Extended coaching staffs.

IPTAY may be the base and the soul but TV/ESPN drives it. The separation between the haves and and have nots will continue to grow. I still predict there will be some separation at the "Div 1" of the 128 into 4 conferences with fewer teams.

Hang on CFB fans it's wild ride.

GO TIGERS!
Beat Auburn!

Re: This is now the industry of college FB....just compare it to

Mar 27, 2016, 5:11 PM

That is being set into motion right now like speed dialing, 3 years from right now, it will be 4-5 super conferences, and all the rest will have their own deal. I can see it now with super conference teams recruiting players that has developed into good players from the lower ranks not playing in the super conference. I'm talking about players that couldn't make it out of HS, but all of a sudden the light came on for them, and now they are ready for big time D1 football!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2016, 4:17 PM

I think he will be the new defensive coordinator when coach v leaves, Dabo is smart and he will learn the system so any transition will be smooth.

Mar 27, 2016, 5:16 PM

He should be ready when the time comes bc, I don't see coach V going any where for quite sometime.

Two thoughts

Mar 27, 2016, 9:12 PM

1) It seems that his base skill is developing star HS athletes into top D1 talent yet he's being brought into a position where he doesn't deal with the players or recruiting. I don't think I'm going out on a limb in assuming this limitation is based on some NCAA rule and once there's a staff shift (hopefully just assistants, please stay BV) Conn will be moved into coaching and recruiting as soon as possible. My guess is that this move was simply to get him into the program before he ended up with another program. I like Dabo's creativity in long-term planning here.

2) Conn seems like he is going to be around a while. I hope there will be a better go-to photo of him for front page TNET articles in the future. Just sayin, poor guy; that current photo angle would be bad for anybody.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic