Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mayock not "bullish" on quarterbacks, says Watson not a top 10 pick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

New Story: Mayock not "bullish" on quarterbacks, says Watson not a top 10 pick

Feb 27, 2017, 3:52 PM

Mayock not "bullish" on quarterbacks, says Watson not a top 10 pick

Mike Mayock of the NFL Network thinks that there are four quarterbacks worthy of a first round pick in this year’s NFL Draft, but he doesn’t think any one of the four are worth a top 10 pick. That includes former Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are all of these guys brain dead?

Feb 27, 2017, 4:08 PM

Did he see what Watson did to those defenders for OSU and Bama in the 4th quarter? The same thing he "allows" for DK's weakness is DW's strength! Makes no sense and frankly, shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Are all of these guys brain dead?

Feb 27, 2017, 4:13 PM

I mean seriously - do they even "watch" the guy play? Can't make but one read - please... No doubt in my mind that DW4 would rip this guy a new a$$hole if they got into a debate about football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 6:07 PM

Watson is so good pre-snap it's rare that he wrong about his first look being open.

Feb 27, 2017, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Are all of these guys brain dead? ]

most of them are northern liberal who never get out of the big city's.

Feb 27, 2017, 8:31 PM

Really.

Live a little man. Get out of your own backwards a$$ bubble.

There is a big ole world world out there with lots of differences. It ain't flat no more.

Feb 28, 2017, 3:32 PM

Don't tell that to Kyrie Irving.

Feb 28, 2017, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Are all of these guys brain dead? ]

Amen to the northern liberal comment!

Feb 28, 2017, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Are all of these guys brain dead? ]

What the heck would that have to do with anything?

I see no evidence of a brain period***

Feb 27, 2017, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Are all of these guys brain dead? ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Are all of these guys brain dead? ]

these idiots are a time a dozen.......so called experts that do not have a clue.....unbelievable they get paid very well to be this stupid.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Re: New Story: Mayock not "bullish" on quarterbacks, says Watson not a top 10 pick

Feb 27, 2017, 4:09 PM

Where do they get these quacks? That's why the NFL bombs out on picks so often and end up getting a really good pick come from the mid to late rounds. I mean seriously, he breaks down on his reads??? huh? his throwing is suspect when he's in the pocket?

Do these clowns not realize what Clemson's offense is/was? RPO you don't "sit" in the pocket. Watson never played behind an all world NFL offensive line. I mean we had a good oline and had gallman as an incredible blocking back but come on people - you must be looking at different games than I look at.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mayock not "bullish" on quarterbacks, says Watson not a top 10 pick

Feb 27, 2017, 4:39 PM

same coots that said we were under dogs in all the bowl games in last three years.

Feb 27, 2017, 4:12 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/4/1/5570022/mike-mayocks-nfl-draft-rankings-johnny-manziel

Mayock was also once high on Johnny Football and Blake Bortles; meanwhile, Derek Carr turned out to be the top QB of the 2014 draft, selected in round 2. Good call Mike.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is missing the target on his analysis...

Feb 27, 2017, 4:18 PM

He sucks Maycock!

Feb 27, 2017, 4:21 PM

Didn't the media "experts" also discount DW4 as the best player last year? How well did that work out?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson will be an AllPro by year 5at worst*****

Feb 27, 2017, 4:22 PM

Feb 27, 2017, 4:23 PM

He evidently has not watched any Clemson games in the 2nd half or 4th qtr. If I was him, might be worthy to go back and look at which QB got it done in the 2nd half, and 4th qtr. Re: National Championship Game, or ask Nick Saban. GO TIGERS!!!

Feb 27, 2017, 4:26 PM

lol...2 Safeties in the Top 5.

I can't recall any safeties in the Top 10, ever, much less two. Seems like the top safety usually goes around pick #15.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a former safety... Living vicariously, maybe...?***

Feb 27, 2017, 11:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 4:34 PM

Just wait until the combine and pro day!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 4:34 PM

I don't know why anyone that reads T-Net would ever worry for 1 second what the know it all's has to say about Watson or any player coming out of college FB. Not one of those mock draft idiots has a team, nor do they scout for an NFL team. What they say means nothing to nobody except for the ones that are stupid enough to listen to a thing any of them have to say. What all of them have to say isn't worth putting in a 10 cent magazine!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 4:44 PM

Pro drafts almost never properly evaluate how much of a "gamer" someone is. Look up how many pro bowlers were picked in first round. Look at Tom Brady for crying out loud as an obvious example. Lace em up and we will see where it shakes out in a few years.

I bet Mayock drafts a K in Fantasy FB before the 4th rnd***

Feb 27, 2017, 4:39 PM

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree..

Feb 27, 2017, 4:55 PM

With you guys

LOL that's all you can do***

Feb 27, 2017, 5:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He thinks Patrick Mahomes is a first round draft pick?!?!

Feb 27, 2017, 5:39 PM

Did he ever see him play at Texas Tech? He wouldn't start in the Canadian league.

By this idiots own evaluation it suggests that

Feb 27, 2017, 7:55 PM

The best QB's should go early. If you can get a starting end rusher in the 4th round as he claims, and goes on about the depth of talent at every other position....then it means the QB position is a must get in the early picks because there isn't enough depth of talent.

These guys are all idiots....they use logic that contradicts their claim.

Smh

Just one man's opinion

Feb 27, 2017, 8:23 PM

There are doubters. Let them doubt. DW can prove them wrong later.

http://gph.is/1L3DDSO

I hope the top 10 NFL teams think the

Feb 27, 2017, 8:34 PM

Same way. I don't want him to go to a crappy team

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet another #### list that hasn't watched CFB this year. I

Feb 27, 2017, 9:42 PM

need a job where I can not know my donkey from a hole in the ground and still get paid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mayock's concern: DW making reads

Feb 27, 2017, 9:46 PM

Read another article where Mayock says his concern is DW's ability to make read. I don't understand that. Our coaches have consistently praised that very part of his game. And as I understand it, our offense requires more of that than most spread offenses. Yes, DW did throw a high total of interceptions, but not as a percentage, although I admit to being puzzled by some of his throws (see Pittsburgh).
Mayock did say he was"fascinated" by DW, so he was not all negative.

Feb 27, 2017, 10:10 PM

While I wish him the best either way, I personally would love it for DW4 to go to a team that he dosn't have to start right away, even for a season or so. Because that means he went to an actual good team, with a real o-line. For instance as an understudy to Brees in NO, Arizona, NYG, or (gritting teeth) with Brady at Pats. While it would be a drop to later in the round, it would be a fantastic opportunity and a chance to get on with a team who won't get him killed before he finds his footing. Hey, #1 overall or #1 QB is great, but the teams that those guys are gonna go to have horrible management, weak o-lines, bad receivers, etc. If he does go to a team with a bad QB situation, would love to see him in Houston. Not sold on their management, but that team has done well for never having a real QB in their history.

If you disagree with me, it's not that you're right...

Feb 27, 2017, 10:33 PM

It's just that you don't like me.

I'm going to drive up to CLT and see if I can get an analyst gig.

Enough T-Net

Feb 28, 2017, 6:02 AM

we dont have to rewrite this same story for every two bit pundit on TV. we all know DW4 is gonna be great. now lets move on

Aaron Rogers is better outside of the pocket.

Feb 28, 2017, 3:15 PM

wonder how that is working out for him?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same Brainiacs Declared: Jamarcus Russell A Top Pick

Feb 28, 2017, 6:12 PM

SMH @ this! They get it wrong so many times it's not funny! Take Dak Prescott! He goes to Mississippi State and at one point had them @ #1 in the Nation. Dan Mullen had been there so don't go there with me. It was this QB. Miss St. had not exactly been tearing it up prior to him; at best solid. Same kid goes to the ( vomit ) Dallas Cowboys and they end up having one of the better records in the league. To the point where a former league mvp candidate was benched for him. These experts do not yet know how to judge: " HEART "!
And they can't measure what a boost of confidence a guys personality + knowledge + work ethic has on a team! DW4 wants to dominate and will film study to ensure he is prepared for the next opponent! Can any of you imagine having a job where you can be wrong so often and still make great money?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 8:12 PM

Click bait. Please remember this. If these so called gurus were as good as advertised they would be working for a NFL team and not a ESPN or NFL network.

Is there a pic of Mayock to post for dushbag search?

Mar 1, 2017, 11:01 AM

got to be creative

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic