Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mark Fields closer to a decision?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Story: Mark Fields closer to a decision?

Jan 18, 2015, 2:14 PM

Mark Fields closer to a decision?

Mark Fields may be a week closer to his decision. The four-star Charlotte (NC) Hough cornerback took his official visit to Clemson over the weekend and will take his final official to Texas next weekend before making his final school choice. What is the timeline on his decision? Which Clemson player did he spend time getting to know during the visit? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks Nikki - been waiting all day on the scoop.***

Jan 18, 2015, 2:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mark Fields closer to a decision?

Jan 18, 2015, 2:22 PM

I won't be surprised if the Texas visit gets cancelled too

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jan 18, 2015, 2:41 PM

I'm starting to think Alexander is a player that comes around every so often. Kid is all about being the best and he works for it daily. I hope these young guys follow his leAd.

Jan 18, 2015, 7:34 PM

Mack reminds me so much of another outstanding defensive back - Ed Reed. Both were talkative (and great leaders) on the field but almost complete enigmas off the field.

Jan 18, 2015, 3:11 PM

Do you think he was hearing voices in his ear relating to the new defensive coordinator at LSWho, and that's why he is cancelling his visit?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doubt it, people love to trash steele here but he has a good

Jan 18, 2015, 3:30 PM

resume. Had two top 25 defenses here before massive personnel loses and one bad year in 2011 (which by the way venables statistically was as bad in 2012 as steele was in 2011).

Re: doubt it, people love to trash steele here but he has a good

Jan 18, 2015, 3:57 PM

Did not Venable's inherit the program after Steele left. Yes, he inherited the problems that Steele left. Steele was a very good man but the defense was not that good before he left. I think because of the West Virginia loss that really hurt him. I think we should look at Venables record and be glad we have him. The past is the past...lets continue to go forward.

Yes but in '12 BV's players were adjusting to a new defense

Jan 18, 2015, 8:23 PM [ in reply to doubt it, people love to trash steele here but he has a good ]

Look at his last 3 games of the season once the players adjusted to his coaching. There was a night and day difference.

Steele was only good against VT, and anyone with a ###### offense.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: doubt it, people love to trash steele here but he has a good

Jan 19, 2015, 8:48 AM [ in reply to doubt it, people love to trash steele here but he has a good ]

Not a big Kevin Steele fan. The ONLY reason that hire is of interest is the addition of Coach O. Ed Orgeron will bring back the big time defensive recruiting for which LSU has been known. With that said, I'm glad he's taking a pass on LSU

Jan 18, 2015, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mark Fields closer to a decision? ]

Steele was instrumental in recruiting our present #1 defense. He just didn't get to see them grow up.

Jan 18, 2015, 3:39 PM

We will wait and see...we definitely would love to see him on the field at Clemson. We could use him. Hope he comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no better school than Clemson to come to. We have a great coaching staff...a very elite program. Years of developing young men for life and future in football.

Jan 18, 2015, 4:39 PM

Adding Field to our defense, I think could help make us one of the best teams on both sides of the ball in college FB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2015, 3:59 PM

He spent time with the Coaches, spent time with former teammate Van Smith, Mckenzie and Shaq. He also spent time with a lot of the Defensive lineman. Sounds like he has a good idea of where he may fit in the group. Find it very intriguing that he spent a lot of time with MacKenzie to find out what makes him tick. Glad that it appears he is not going to visit LSU, and can't blame him for going to Texas on a free trip. He commented that he would make a decision after the Texas visit, so it might be he has already made his decision and just keeping it close to the vest. Hope he becomes a Clemson Tiger, but we will have to wait and see. GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 18, 2015, 7:20 PM

I live in Charlotte and have seen this kid play a half dozen times and he is the most overhyped 4 star I have ever seen. Would not be a big loss if he committed elsewhere.

Jan 18, 2015, 8:27 PM

Not surprising, 28 posts and 45% Tiger. Wasnt overhyped when he was committed to the coots, but now, he is. Hmmmmm.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots never disappoint do they. Downer posts and low pulse.***

Jan 18, 2015, 8:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots never disappoint do they. Downer posts and low pulse.***

Jan 18, 2015, 8:40 PM

Amazing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2015, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mark Fields closer to a decision? ]

GTFO Coot!!! Fields would be a great pickup for the Tigers.

Jan 19, 2015, 7:19 AM

I am a Clemson grad. All I'm saying is he is not as good as the hype. I'm all in but I dont see things through orange colored glasses, I see what is there. I see people call others Coots just because they may disagree with the prevailing opinion, truly pathetic.

Jan 19, 2015, 7:31 AM

Whats pathetic is downplaying the coaches evaluations just because YOU saw him play and telling everyone on here he is overrated and you dont really care if he goes elsewhere. SAYING youre a clemson grad doesnt make you a Clemson grad. Its one of the favorite lines by coots to make themselves sound believable.

Jan 19, 2015, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mark Fields closer to a decision? ]

If he comes to Clemson and becomes a star, will you apologize???

Jan 19, 2015, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mark Fields closer to a decision? ]

What I find pathetic is a "fan" badmouthing a recruit on an open message board.

Jan 19, 2015, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mark Fields closer to a decision? ]

what is pathetic is a clemson grad not looking through orange colored glasses. clemson should always get the benefit of the doubt. let me see, do i trust some goober named blaketigers opinion or do i trust coaches that are paid millions to watch and evaluate these kids. not really much of a decision for me.

Jan 19, 2015, 8:37 AM

I will say this- to the UNTRAINED eye, sometimes it can be easy to go watch a kid play and come away unimpressed. I would be careful making an evaluation off of 1 game as well. Sometimes these High D1 kids appear "lazy" in the hs setting due to the game being easy for them. I'm not saying that he won't be a bust, because his willingness to work hard at the college level will determine that, as it does for all players. But, the TRAINED eyes say that he is a stud, so I will roll with that.

Jan 19, 2015, 8:39 AM

And deroberts , I pride myself on being objective and not looking thru the orange shades. Although it's impossible to keep some bias from getting in there??

Jan 19, 2015, 8:42 AM

uh, you can do both.

Jan 19, 2015, 8:48 AM

I'm not a grad tho, just attended many moons ago. So I guess I can be even more objective?

Jan 19, 2015, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mark Fields closer to a decision? ]

So have I and I always thought he'd make a great college player, wherever he ended up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2015, 8:48 PM

"ALL IN all I had a really good time.”

That statement there tells me all I need to know. Locked up another good one on this already stellar recruiting class. Suck it coots.

Go Tigers!

Jan 18, 2015, 9:22 PM

That statement caught my attention too. Basically stopping me in my tracks. We might have something there. I'm hoping.

Jan 19, 2015, 7:29 AM

I suspect corny is calling mama trying to keep him from CU right now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic