Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mack Truck: Mackensie Alexander shuts down Will Fuller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Mack Truck: Mackensie Alexander shuts down Will Fuller

Oct 5, 2015, 8:01 AM

Mack Truck: Mackensie Alexander shuts down Will Fuller

Mackensie Alexander didn’t like the fact that his defensive coordinator wasn’t sleeping prior to Clemson’s matchup with Notre Dame, so he decided to do something about it. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mack Truck: Mackensie Alexander shuts down Will Fuller

Oct 5, 2015, 8:07 AM

As much as I agree with CDS, I am happy we have Mack. He is a consistent blessing on the corner. Him and Cordrea have opened my eyes to the secondary. We haven't always been blessed with good corners. Granted with our DL and LBs doing so well in rushing the passer and stopping the run, it keeps those two clean and the safeties can roam free to help. But he has worked his tail off week in and week out. He rarely talks to the media, but when he does I listen because he reminds me a lot of Revis when he was at Pitt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2015, 8:09 AM

It's called swag and I for one am glad to see it wearing orange again!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2015, 8:13 AM

While I love his intensity, I thought for sure all that finger wagging in Fuller's face was going to draw a flag. But it is nice to have a defense with a football "bad attitude".

Love this on the final stop "It was like boom it happened,

Oct 5, 2015, 8:17 AM

next play boom we stopped it and oh well they're sad again."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dude is the ultimate chill. Wearing a suit and talking on

Oct 5, 2015, 8:37 AM

camera he does not look like a BA at all.

Two people you don't want to hear about much are corners and long snappers. It's rough when the other corner is Mack, that means the ball is coming your way!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2015, 8:44 AM

we better enjoy him while hes here because he is gone after this year $$$$$ first rounder for sure!

Oct 5, 2015, 9:17 AM

Thought I'd chime in since your comments don't necessarily bring the truth

Mac is very very good and comes from a Fam that can certainly use the money. but this is a bad year to be a CB because there's so many guys declaring. Mac may be the 3rd best CB in the ACC and then you throw in guys like Hargreaves from FL who is an absolute beast and he slips farther down the list. If he declares for this next draft he will not be 1st round due to competition and fewer teams requiring corners

The difference in 1st and 2nd rnd money is serious and he would be wise to consider playing a third year at Clemson

Yeah, Mac is the man, but Hargreaves is probably #1***

Oct 5, 2015, 9:50 AM

Oct 5, 2015, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mack Truck: Mackensie Alexander shuts down Will Fuller ]

I will lay 10 to 1 odds that Mac will be first round... if he waits till next year he will be top 10.
Fuller, Hargreaves may get drafted before he does.. and whoever enters the draft from FSU. But Hargreaves and Mac will be starting in the NFL as rookies... there are teams that need them now and would sign them now if they could. Fuller and Hargreave gen more ints... but I know no one that can shut down a WR like Mac does. .... The one pass WIll Fuller caught against MAc was not enough to get a first down... Mac does not get a lot of stats like PBU or ints or tackles, but through 2 games 126 snaps... 8 targets 1 completion.....
Against ND .... I saw 1 completion and he tackled Fuller.
4 games 2 completions... MAC is amazing... he is first round if he comes out this year... and I will be surprised if he is not one of top 15 picks...

The guys stepping in still better than any we'll face next..

Oct 5, 2015, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mack Truck: Mackensie Alexander shuts down Will Fuller ]

...year.

Why do folks always feel the need to drop this in? LOL, it's college, they won't be around long - we get it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Oct 5, 2015, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mack Truck: Mackensie Alexander shuts down Will Fuller ]

Keep in mind he wants to finish is degree before leaving. I think I recall reading somewhere that he made a promise to his parents that he would do that, so while he could easily leave for the money, he values an education.

I love this guy***

Oct 5, 2015, 8:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Prob our best secondary this year since the Ford brothers.***

Oct 5, 2015, 10:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best corner since Justin Miller***

Oct 5, 2015, 10:55 AM

Re: Best corner since Justin Miller***

Oct 5, 2015, 12:12 PM

I'd put him higher than Miller. Miller was a game breaker returning the ball, but he wasn't as effective on coverage.

There's never been a better pure corner at Clemson...

Oct 5, 2015, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Best corner since Justin Miller*** ]

Miller had return skills and all of that going for him, but if I need a guy to shut down one receiver for a game, I'm going with Alexander every single time.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best lockdown corner since Tye Hill***

Oct 5, 2015, 11:40 AM

Oct 5, 2015, 12:04 PM

Dabo and Co. need to get him one of those insurance policies and talk him into coming back next year.

I'm afraid we may lose Mack and Kearse after this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Oh he is gone and I don't begrudge him that at all.

Oct 5, 2015, 12:17 PM

The real shame is that he got hurt his freshman year and we didn't get three years of the Mack Attack.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep being Mack.

Oct 5, 2015, 12:16 PM

Give me 85 with that same mindset and I'll give you a national title. So long as he keeps shutting down EVERYONE, he can jaw all he wants as far as I'm concerned.

he'll be a stud in the NFL too

Oct 5, 2015, 1:35 PM

best we've had since B dawkins

Someone needs to tell Brian Kelly all of this

Oct 5, 2015, 2:48 PM

He went on about how much help Mac got and how he didn't shut Fuller down in both his post game interview and his Sunday press conference

I think he's channeling it just fine

Oct 5, 2015, 3:06 PM

I love this dude's attitude.

Offense

Oct 5, 2015, 3:47 PM

Hate to say this....
But I wish the offense had a lot of that same fire the defense has.

#2 is the #2!!!!!!

Oct 5, 2015, 4:05 PM

I love watching him and the rest of the secondary, it is just like they are attached at the hip of the receivers they are covering. I have never worried about a receiver that anotger team has had when #2 is in the game. What a competitor & winner. Hope he sticks around another year, we could definitely use him. Go Tigers! ! ! !

#2 is the #2!!!!!!

Oct 5, 2015, 4:05 PM

I love watching him and the rest of the secondary, it is just like they are attached at the hip of the receivers they are covering. I have never worried about a receiver that anotger team has had when #2 is in the game. What a competitor & winner. Hope he sticks around another year, we could definitely use him. Go Tigers! ! ! !

Oct 8, 2015, 1:48 AM

I don't know how he stated away from the mic for so long. seems he could be there all day

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Oct 8, 2015, 4:21 AM

He stated that in a couple of his interviews. He rather let his play talk for him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic