Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,330

New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015

Apr 20, 2015, 10:54 AM

Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015

Clemson’s 2015 fall camp sits three-plus months in the future, and college football fans across the country will spend their summer anxiously awaiting every scrap of news and devouring preseason publications. Like those fans, left guard Eric Mac Lain can't wait for the beginning of the season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015

Apr 20, 2015, 11:03 AM

Yeah yeah. Same story every year until half way through the season. Tired of hearing how tough and mean and cohesive they are only to watch our rb get stuffed regularly behind the line. Let your play on the field talk for you.

You do realize that

Apr 20, 2015, 11:11 AM

the best OL's in history didnt win every single battle right? Our OL played ok last year considering all the injuries/lack of depth. We should be better this year.

Re: You do realize that

Apr 20, 2015, 7:47 PM

You are right, but this is not a new thing. It's been going on since DF left. I am looking forward to having an OL that will get that critical yard when we need it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015 ]

Wow...who pizzed in your corn flakes this morning? Did you even take time to read the article? Maybe your reading comprehension could use some work in the offseason. It's called optimism, and yes every "true" fan has a little. I don't know who's OL you've been watching, but I'm pretty stoked about ours! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, been saying every preseason its our weakest***

Apr 20, 2015, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015 ]

Re: Agreed, been saying every preseason its our weakest***

Apr 20, 2015, 1:13 PM
image.jpg(113.3 K)

Yeah - way to go "tigrrfan", you also won the same "cocklover" status as your favorite coach!!! If u love ##### as much your coach then raise both hands, also:

also scary when the same guys from last yr are still startin***

Apr 20, 2015, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015 ]

Re: also scary when the same guys from last yr are still startin***

Apr 20, 2015, 12:28 PM

Mac Lain only started 1 game last year. He had two knockdowns in 62 snaps against No. 24 Oklahoma in the Russell Athletic Bowl on Dec. 29.
Norton did not start every game. Battle started 11 games. Joe Gore only played in 2 or 3 games.
Crowder started 1 game.... This is not the same OL that played last year!

Re: also scary when the same guys from last yr are still startin***

Apr 20, 2015, 7:53 PM

Not only that, they ar bigger, stronger and more experienced. OL is the hardest position to get right, outside of maybe QB, and very young (inexperienced and un-battle tested) players usually just don't have what it takes until they get age, maturity and technique down pat. It takes time, if they even are capable of doing it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stuffed regularly behind the line"?

Apr 20, 2015, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015 ]

What team were you watching? Go to YouTube and watch the replays of the USuC game and the bowl game, then come back here and tell me how many times we got stuffed behind the line. Then go to dictionary.com and look up the word "regularly".

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: "Stuffed regularly behind the line"?

Apr 20, 2015, 8:01 PM

We have gotten stuffed at the line of scrimmage more than most any team we've played for a long, long time. Granted, at the end of last season we were doing a lot better and showing real improvement, but what were you watching all those times when we had to run Tahj and let him seek out a little sliver of a hole, because we didn't know if there would be one, and we danged sure couldn't tell where it would be. That went on for years. Believe me, I wish it hadn't. As a former OL at Clemson, I wished for nothing less than a dominant OL that could get the 3rd and 1 or the 4th and goal without a trick play or a pass. How many FG's and punts did we resort to because there was no confidence we could get that yard or 2 we needed? The answer is plenty.

Tajh didn't play last year.***

Apr 20, 2015, 8:04 PM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Tajh didn't play last year.***

Apr 20, 2015, 9:01 PM

Guess you missed the point that it's not a new thing. It's been going on for years (even long before TB was "the guy"). This is a free forum, though, and opinions like yours are welcome. There is no argument that this has gone on for a long time, and it even occurred last year, as well. We punted many times in games when it was 4th and 1 (or even less in some cases). I hope we are strong enough and confident enough that we don't automatically call out the punt team or the FG squad on 4th and short. That will be a great time in Tiger FB history.

"Bend over, Mr. Babar...."***

Apr 20, 2015, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015 ]

Dang!

Who let the Coot in ???

Barnyard get to crowded for ya buddy?

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mac Lain thinks the sky is the limit for the OL in 2015 ]

Right. I was about to say how many times I've heard that before. Who
are these world-beaters on the OL?

Apr 20, 2015, 11:05 AM

I think the height of our oculus is the limit. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 11:54 AM

LOL so let me get this straight.....

Some bozo pretending to be a Tiger fan makes a lamecock statement about Maclain and we are supposed to all agree? Maybe Maclain should have said something like this:

"Man, I dont know, we are really glad spring practice is over and now we can go PARTY!!!!! I mean, really, you saw how bad we were last year. Winning 10 games again was a fluke, just like the last 3. Seriously, dudes, our OL is not going to be very good, thank God we have Watson who even on a bad leg is good. We will just work on holding a little more so we can stop guys from sacking him, our pass blocking is not as bad as our rush blocking. PARTY ON DUDES!!!!"

Sheeesh....

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 2:30 PM

So let me get this straight, I make a comment about our Oline and not about MacLain or anyone in particular or nothing really negative and I'm a gamecock fan and a bozo? That's funny.

Next time I will poll the board and ask what is acceptable to post on here first so losers like you won't get all upset.

Rinse. Repeat. Same story. We shall see.***

Apr 20, 2015, 1:22 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rinse. Repeat. Same story. We shall see.***

Apr 20, 2015, 1:38 PM

Not hardly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fence

Apr 20, 2015, 1:56 PM

Sorry to break it to you, but, year after year we hear how the oline will be different. Maybe this is finally the year we start to get a real good push consistently.

Again, we shall see.

Don't get your panties in a wad.

Re: Fence

Apr 20, 2015, 2:10 PM

LOL, I only said "not hardly". If thats your definition of getting panties in a wad, you need to readjust. LOL

These guys are hungry and the starters have even hungrier players backing them up WANTING their position. I mean seriously, judging by your comment, youd have thunk we barely made .500 the last four years instead of winning 40+ games.

We shall see

Apr 20, 2015, 3:06 PM

Our O-line has been a weak point several years now.

Apr 20, 2015, 3:36 PM

I think the O line will do just fine. This is a hard working group with alot of talent. Then, add all the freshmen who did a good job in Spring Practice, Clemson will have a very potent O line this season. The freshman group will push everyone for snaps, and we will have good depth across all positions. DW stays healthy, and they open up holes for the RB's, it could be one of the best Offensives in a long time! GO TIGERS!!!

A Great Change

Apr 20, 2015, 7:46 PM

What a great change it will be for us to have a really dependable and dominant OL. I've harped on this for years, but the OL has been our weakest link for way too long. Get that right, and the sky is the limit for us. It all starts right there. His comment about being able to finally run it and get the critical yards (or even inches) on a goal line or when needing a 1st down spoke volumes. They know that's been missing, too.

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,330
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic