Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Louisville looks to get its season back on track against Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Louisville looks to get its season back on track against Clemson

Sep 15, 2015, 7:01 AM

Louisville looks to get its season back on track against Clemson

Can Louisville turn its season around with a win over 9th-ranked Clemson in Thursday's ESPN matchup? Head coach Bobby Petrino likes his team's attitude and chances. Photo by Jason Getz / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Sep 15, 2015, 7:40 AM

Message removed by Author

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now see, if you were a donor, you could remove this post

Sep 15, 2015, 8:12 AM

after realizing what a d1ck you just were.

yvw welcome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Now see, if you were a donor, you could remove this post

Sep 15, 2015, 10:23 AM

loll...yep you are right. that's normally not me. was just too jacked up on my caffeine this morning.
i didn't even realize there were memberships here until i tried deleting the comment. i just applied. VERY COOL they have a military membership!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Louisville looks to get its season back on track against Clemson

Sep 15, 2015, 7:41 AM

I think we can go in and take care of our business and move on toward the big goal. This is a huge test. Thursday game , on the road at a rowdy stadium that sells alcohol, short week of practice and recovery/healing time after last weekend's game, 1st real stout opponent who has talent, and a coach who does know how to win on a big stage. Still, I think we take care of business. We are better than them. That will be on display in a big way Thursday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2015, 8:10 AM

We definitely are the better team. But it's a short week and we're the visitors on Thursday night. Weird chit can happen. On paper, we should win easily. The game's not played on paper, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 15, 2015, 8:26 AM

Well said. This is a much better coached program now than in the past, from HC through Asst's. Our players act a lot like coaches on and off the field, too. This is business, and they seem to take good care of the details and the little things that interfere with their best effort. I say we win a very tough game, though. We have too much talent and too much quality depth for UL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does everybody keep saying it is well coached

Sep 15, 2015, 9:06 AM

Strong did a much better job overall than Petrino has done so far. Now that most of the players recruited by Strong are gone the performance is even worse. At least so far last year and this year. A few impressive games last year but overall some bad losses. And this year all bad losses.

I believe he was referring to Clemson...***

Sep 15, 2015, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. Gotta stop reading on my phone

Sep 15, 2015, 9:30 AM

I don't read it all sometimes....

What stinks is nationally, we will gain little from a win in

Sep 15, 2015, 7:49 AM

this game. Viewed no differently as a win vs the fighting air conditioning folks from syracuse. A "well, they should have won" type game that will be much harder than we will be given credit for. Oh well, just another step towards the playoffs.

That is called "winning the games that you are supposed to"

Sep 15, 2015, 8:25 AM

We will get everyone's best shot. We will be one of the top two games on any of our opponents schedules. They will be pumped to play us. This is where we have the opportunity to extend the streak against unranked foes and get rid of that STUPID term that I will not mention by name........... that "our enemies" like to throw out ;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: That is called "winning the games that you are supposed to"

Sep 15, 2015, 8:31 AM

This team, and those of the last several years, has a new personna. There is a term, We play to a standard", I heard one of our players use in an interview the other day. I do believe that's true, and that's why we are doing so well now, IMO. It's that attitude that I think sets us apart from past teams.

"Best is the standard."***

Sep 15, 2015, 11:40 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What stinks is nationally, we will gain little from a win in

Sep 15, 2015, 9:31 AM [ in reply to What stinks is nationally, we will gain little from a win in ]

Our schedule isn't really set up for a "huge win" that will catapult us to the front immediately. We're going to gain respect with consistency. I disagree that we have nothing to gain from winning this game. It's a game we absolutely should win, and everybody knows it. But it's a step up in the level of competition and a chance to show we are able to perform at or above the same level. Trust me, people are paying attention.

Sep 15, 2015, 2:47 PM [ in reply to What stinks is nationally, we will gain little from a win in ]

At least Clemson finally gets some long overdue exposure. All you see on the television is Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Notre Dame, with a little USC and FSU thrown in. What in the world happened to the other 123 FBS schools?

Sep 15, 2015, 5:26 PM [ in reply to What stinks is nationally, we will gain little from a win in ]

I think the "gain" part will come down to the type of win we get Thurs. A close fought battle with an 0-2 team or a show of DOMINANCE with nick and Kelly getting some reps in the 2nd half.

Sep 15, 2015, 8:28 AM

“I think I know who the quarterback is, but we told them they would get their reps in practice, and we’d grade the reps,”

Really Petrino???? Really???? You THINK you know who your freaking QB is AFTER TWO GAMES?? Really? Dang - I'm glad you finally figured that crap out before you had to face the BEST team you're going to face all year. Sounds like you have a butt-whooping coming.

And don't do this crap when Dabo kicks your freaking butt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaNO_ON1pMQ

rutt rho rhaggy!

Sep 15, 2015, 12:01 PM

No QB decision until 48 hours prior to game? The is either BS, or they are going to get smoked!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic