Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Lipstick on a pig, Watson shoved and other thoughts from Raleigh
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Lipstick on a pig, Watson shoved and other thoughts from Raleigh

Nov 1, 2015, 1:01 PM

Lipstick on a pig, Watson shoved and other thoughts from Raleigh

It was a wild evening in Raleigh as Clemson left town with a hard-fought 56-41 win. It wasn't pretty at times, but it was a win, and those are hard to come by. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Lipstick on a pig, Watson shoved and other thoughts from Raleigh

Nov 1, 2015, 1:09 PM

What's a lambasted?

Nov 1, 2015, 1:46 PM

Maybe he meant sand blasted? Idk

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2015, 3:36 PM

I think he meant landblasted. That was a term a few years back on T-Net, landblasted!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He meant "landblasted".***

Nov 1, 2015, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lipstick on a pig, Watson shoved and other thoughts from Raleigh ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: He meant "landblasted".***

Nov 1, 2015, 2:04 PM

Lambasted is a word. It means to criticize harshly.

^^^Found another^^^

Nov 1, 2015, 2:26 PM

it'll make sense eventually

Has that been added to the tnet dictionary?***

Nov 1, 2015, 9:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Definitely meant landblasted

Nov 1, 2015, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: He meant "landblasted".*** ]

Lambbaste is something you do to keep lamb meat moist.

Re: He meant "landblasted".***

Nov 1, 2015, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: He meant "landblasted".*** ]

Thank you! Apparently not many on TN have been lambasted before.

You aren't from around here, are ya?***

Nov 2, 2015, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: He meant "landblasted".*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 1, 2015, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lipstick on a pig, Watson shoved and other thoughts from Raleigh ]

To rebuke or chastise....

Nov 1, 2015, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lipstick on a pig, Watson shoved and other thoughts from Raleigh ]

"To criticize (something or someone) very harshly."

lipstick on a young sheep.***

Nov 1, 2015, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lipstick on a pig, Watson shoved and other thoughts from Raleigh ]

Nov 1, 2015, 1:15 PM

Yes, I know Watson ony had 7 incompletions yesterday, but I continue to be frustrated by Peake's lack of extra effort.

Once, just once, I'd like to see him lay out for an overthrown ball, catch or not. I'd like to see him elevate, use his height and strength to fight for a 50-50 ball and if all he can do is knock it down, so be it. At least it's not a pick.

I hate to use the term, but he plays lazy, and if I were the coaches or his qb, I'd be in his earhole like an air raid siren after one of those half-arse plays.

Nov 1, 2015, 1:42 PM

Coach is one in a million...loved the analogy. I know the weight of this game is behind us. NC State had a good team. I think people forgets that, great no but very good. I kind of felt sorry for the NC State plaayers...after the half time half their fans left. I just hope Clemson fans will stay even when we seem to be losing. Who knows what can happen this year. So many blocked punts, points after and who knows what else will go on.

What in the world!!!!

Nov 1, 2015, 1:52 PM

Just my general thoughts on the game and the season so far......

1st off...
although some bad, there was a lot of good taken from the Nc state game as well.
It did bother me some that this was the worse defensive performance in some time.
It was nice to know we could also play a SHOOT OUT as well.
Wasn't too auful long, when most of us had serious doubts about the offense. And
yes, even DeShaun Watson who may have had his most complete performance.
Sure, like you...I was like, WOW..."what in the world" happen to the defense?!
But no doubt, they will bounce back. And I know Venables will have them completely
ready for Florida state.
Next receiver...
After Williams went down. It seem like it was taking awhile for someone to STEP UP.
We knew this group was deep. But there was a lot of in-experience outside of Artavis
Scott.....enter= Hunter Renfrow and now, DEON CAIN. But who have really come along in
recent weeks. And Renfrow even look good in punt returns. I see now what the staff
saw in him.

What's left now.....
Special teams,
Special teams,
Special teams

If this truly is a National Championship team. There better be some serious improvement
here. I know the staff realizes that.
Other wise...
GREAT CLEMSON WIN, bring on FSU- and let me start the predictions off with a Clemson win
against the NOLES.

FSU-24
CLEM- 34

1989 revisited?

Re: What in the world!!!!

Nov 1, 2015, 10:36 PM

Ray Ray is the man. That is one really special athlete. His number will be retired. My prediction

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ray Ray

Nov 2, 2015, 4:16 PM

one item with McCloud, I think the staff is having a hard time trusting him.
Alot of fumbles.

Nov 1, 2015, 2:23 PM

David, an outstanding article here. I really liked how you set it up for the finishing line with a lot of good stuff in between. Good job!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure we lost

Nov 1, 2015, 2:55 PM

2 of 3 phases in the game.

We "won" on offense.

No doubt we lost ST. A TD, 2 blocked EP, a couple other long returns, almost converted onside kick etc will do that.

On defense We didn't play to our standard and would even say bad but I'm not sure you can say we "lost". That implies NCSU D was better and that isn't the case. Given the choice between the 2 defenses I saw Saturday, regardless of how bad the Tigers played, Clemson was the better D. A "winning" D doesn't give up 600+ yards and 56 points. Again Clemson's D wasn't good but they were better than the one put out there by NCSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2015, 5:44 PM

Just win, baby!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice journalism... +1.***

Nov 1, 2015, 9:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember every unbeaten team has to have some lucky breaks

Nov 2, 2015, 1:03 AM

Squeeze through though games, overcome momentum, win at the last second. I remember in 1981 playing UNC, not our best game and that team that I believe was much better than a talented heel team but in those last seconds anything near our tails got caught in it for those last seconds. That team found a way. That game against the huskers was to close for comfort. 82-24 didn't happen every game. We should have beat the AU Tigers and should have in regulation. We out played them and lost. We have been apart of many special games. Normally the tight ones come down to two or three plays.

We are so talented. I've never seen a team that gets mad and forces scores like this team. This team has that it to be special if we should fail we must know we are good enough to continue challenging the next few years we will only be better. Look at total stats and realize we won by much more than a field goal and our stats on O was unreal. We made mistakes we didn't have last week. We will correct, remember we have a 12-14th men in the Valley. Payback is coming and mistakes will be FSU's friend.

I predict we win by a big margin. FSU will go away looking Lugubriously!

Tigers 42- bad holes -17. Our recruitment of Florida's best will resume!!

No doubt who is the best ACC team will be evident ! ?? ?? Tigers leave no doubt because they Bring Your On Game.

BYOG

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 2, 2015, 7:22 AM

Great article, and nice to see you use the old word "lambasted." I haven't heard that word since my Dad passed away 20 years ago. Time to resurrect its use once more. My Dad would have used it in a slightly different way, maybe in a sentence like this: "JimBo was LAMBASTED by his fans over the embarrassing loss to Clemson in Death Valley!"

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic