Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Like the Phoenix: Out of defeat comes a steely resolve
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Like the Phoenix: Out of defeat comes a steely resolve

Jan 12, 2016, 8:01 PM

Like the Phoenix: Out of defeat comes a steely resolve

Clemson's loss to Alabama in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game produced its share of tears and sadness, but out of the defeat comes a steely resolve. Clemson is just getting started.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Like the Phoenix: Out of defeat comes a steely resolve

Jan 12, 2016, 8:06 PM

### reading that, I guess it hadnt hit me yet until now. The season is over what the hel am I'm gonna do on Saturday now. ### what a ride!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...***

Jan 12, 2016, 8:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 8:11 PM

I choked up reading that. I am so proud and sad at the same time. They gave it their all...my heart truly hurts for them

I was in that crowd near the media after the game, if you

Jan 12, 2016, 8:17 PM

think that the cadence count was weak, it is because we, the fans, also gave everything we had. I didn't see one person sitting during the game. We did everything we could to be loud for the defense and make it feel like a home game. That loss was like a dagger through our heart. Despite the loss, I saw something I hadn't seen before after a loss. As Bama fans were celebrating their win, the Clemson fans gave a LOUD standing ovation to the Tigers. We were both proud as h e l l and disappointed.

As we were piling out of the stadium, we gave one last Cadence Count. It was not weak, it was only what was left, which was not much. It was yet one more thing I hadn't seen after a loss.

Fire forges steel. We let this one escape, that will not happen next time. Go Tigers!

Re: I was in that crowd near the media after the game, if you

Jan 12, 2016, 8:25 PM

I think you fans at the game were absolutely amazing. I was surprised to see how much more orange there was than Crimson. Brought tears to watch all the fans singing our alma mater with the team after the loss. I would've given anything to have been there with guys

Jan 12, 2016, 8:26 PM

With YOU guys*

Jan 14, 2016, 5:37 AM [ in reply to I was in that crowd near the media after the game, if you ]

We travelled from Las Vegas to Phoenix passing rental cars with Clemson flags and Magnetic tiger paws on them.
At the airports in Chicago, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Detroit before and AFTER the game thousands of Clemson fans were still decked out in all there Clemson clothes. At the Grand Canyon cars and Rvs with tiger paws as well as strangers wishing us well next year.

During the game when Clemson did score or stopped Alabama the cheering was deafening..so loud you could not here the band playing Tiger rag. It was a sea of orange everywhere inside.

let it be known

Jan 12, 2016, 8:18 PM

Iron sharpens iron is a phrase I have read several times on postings here, well the iron is sharp. Now is the time for the fires of disrespect, training, and ultimately this defeat to forge this entire team into men of steel. I eagerly await the things to come.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: let it be known

Jan 12, 2016, 8:19 PM

Man I forgot to put desire in there, ####

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 8:23 PM

Nice article!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football

...Training for the rest of your life.

Jan 12, 2016, 8:38 PM

Great writing . You have used all the right words for this one .

David, I love everything you write, but...

Jan 12, 2016, 8:40 PM

this was the absolute best. As I type this comment, tears blur the keyboard. Yes, it hurt, but it is so encouraging to see that these Tigers simply DO NOT QUIT. You might think that the last TD drive was meaningless... that all was already lost... but it was not an end-- it was a statement. It was a statement by DW4 that this WAS NOT THE END... this is a new beginning. This was not the last drive of the 2015 season... it was the first drive of the 2016 season... the Phoenix rising from the ashes... new birth. THE TIGERS WILL RISE AGAIN... the Phoenix rises and turns its eyes to Tampa! BRING IT ON!

I've never been more proud to be a Clemson Alum... it doesn't get any better than this... until next year!

Thank you, David and Nikki. Rest up, for the best is yet to come! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what i've seen, what i saw and what's to come

Jan 12, 2016, 8:52 PM

I've see the glory years of the Tigers, of consistent 1st place finishes in the ACC. I've seen a National Championship won, I've seen ACC conference Championships won. I've seen the lean years, the years wondering when and if the Tigers would be back to where only few teams have been. I saw a year that time and time again the so called experts wanted so badly to close the door on Clemson. I saw a team that only saw what they knew would be the beginning of something special. I saw a birth of great things to come. I saw a team leave everything on the field of battle Monday night. Clemson is back and I see the fear in other teams. There will everything pulled out of their bags to bring the Tigers down but that won't happen. The Tigers now and the one's in the future now know and will know that you bring it every minute for every game. Thanks to the Tigers for an unbelievable and amazing year. This has been another exciting chapter to put in the books.

Perhaps the passion-base for Clemson goes deeper...

Jan 13, 2016, 10:01 AM

...than the football team, and personified in Clemson University itself and those that attended the university. Clemson University itself has always seemed to be disrespected as an academic institution, it's heritage, it's formation by it's founders. Academic department, after academic department often feels like the execute, teach, research, and build with a chip on their shoulder. Yes, I recognize that Clemson is ranked #21 in certain rankings, but there always seems to be some qualification statement that we make to show that Clemson is a great institution and deserving of that ranking and respect.

My own experience exemplifies this. I didn't grow up in a household where I was held to a standard of attending Duke, MIT, or an Ivy League school, but I had a drive academically and Clemson gave me a chance. I was challenged and was educated well enough to compete in industry, but I always felt that my attendance at Clemson meant that I had to prove something more than say engineers from Purdue, MIT, UCLA, or Illinois.

And that same feeling extends for me personally with the Clemson football team. I feel that the excellence, fight, determination, and will to win becomes an extension of my own journey through Clemson University that I want the nation to see. That is why I personally feel so emotionally attached to the success of Clemson football, because it grounds my own journey in life.

Watching Clemson win the National Championship when I was a student there in '81 was something I actually never dreamed of experiencing, but the pride that it gave me as an engineering student at Clemson was priceless. I longed desperately for that on Monday night, because after 34 years, I have grown deeper in my appreciation of my Clemson experience. Dabo has also exemplified that struggle to achieve and never give up, and he has made me an ever-loyal supporter of him as the head coach at Clemson. Another National Championship before the nation would have been another vindication of what Clemson University is all about.

Just the ramblings of one of the "old guys".

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

+1 for your thoughts! I agree. I started in 1982

Jan 14, 2016, 7:11 AM

so I can relate as well. I wasn't in school when we won the championship but I was already accepted so it felt like I was part of the school!! Go Tigers! There's something in them hills!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 9:44 PM

Great article, David.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 9:58 PM

I have so thoroughly enjoyed this season. I'm not saying I don't love the Tigers every year, but these guys had heart, leadership, passion and a brotherhood. I feel so for the seniors that have to leave. Taking that jersey off in that locker room ended this part of their journey. They won't ever again suit up, run down the hill and share the brotherhood of these teammates. I hope our seniors as well as the ones leaving early prosper on their next stage of life. They have a great foundation to succeed whatever they chose to do. I'm also thankful for those that chose to stay another year to once again climb that mountain and strive for perfection. This team gave Tiger fans so much and it feels empty to not pull up Tigernet or other sites and be able to read about preparations for the next game this week. No one on this team or staff have any reason to hang their heads. Be proud of what you have accomplished. Stay strong, stay proud and forever be a Tiger. I hope to see these young men come back to campus like Spiller and help mold future generations of players. God bless and thank you from this Tiger fan that enjoyed you so much

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 13, 2016, 6:00 AM

Ditto from Duffer!!! An outstanding post, jeancooper, and one I am sure all Tiger fans will agree!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eloquently stated, and my sentiments exactly. I believe that

Jan 13, 2016, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Like the Phoenix: Out of defeat comes a steely resolve ]

the focus of this football team next year will be like nothing that has ever been seen around here. Experience can be a hard teacher, but her lessons are not soon forgotten. Tampa will be the goal from the first day of spring practice, and nobody will run from it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 10:59 PM

Well worded

Jan 12, 2016, 11:24 PM

Amazing team! Love it!

Waters are clear and warm in Tampa. Wind at your back Tigers***

Jan 13, 2016, 8:52 AM

WHAT A SPECIAL SEASON!

Jan 13, 2016, 9:40 AM

GO TIGERS!

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!

Jan 13, 2016, 4:04 PM

No doubt in my mind. There wasn't a player that left that stadium who wasn't more determined than ever. Sometimes it could hurt them if their focus is not right though. Learning from their mistakes by the whole Clemson football program will help this next year. I know from my own experience that sometimes I will try to hard and end up making more mistakes. Go Tigers!!!! Beat Auburn...I think that is the first game next year. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this, Bama, did not take them lightly and still Clemson outplayed them. Go Tigers...no one will take you lightly after the performance you guys showed Mon. night. GO TIGERS!!!!!!! Study hard and come back refreshed and raring to go.!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets roar Tigers!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic