Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Leggett says Tigers will be "dangerous" with late-season momentum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 4,767

New Story: Leggett says Tigers will be "dangerous" with late-season momentum

May 13, 2015, 2:10 PM

Leggett says Tigers will be "dangerous" with late-season momentum

Jack Leggett knows his team is under fire from the fans and is a longshot to make the NCAA Tournament with a 28-25 record, but he said after Tuesday night’s comeback win over Furman that his team is gaining a little late-season confidence. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another 'I wouldn't want to play us"

May 13, 2015, 2:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: like we're playing wouldn't want to do interviews"***

May 13, 2015, 2:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another 'I wouldn't want to play us"

May 13, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Another 'I wouldn't want to play us" ]

All together now, NaNaNaaaNa-NaNaNaaaNa-HeyHeyHey-Goodbye!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another 'I wouldn't want to play us"

May 13, 2015, 2:52 PM

Jack is full of crap. Tell Drad to fire this jerk.

no fear of failure? reckless abandon!? playing on the edge!?

May 14, 2015, 7:12 AM

that does not sound like small ball to me

I hope the rest of the ACC herd this...

cause they sure as hail aren't gonna want to play us now!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get your driver out franc

jack's tee'd it up for ya

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: New Story: Leggett says Tigers will be "dangerous" with late-season momentum

May 13, 2015, 2:15 PM

Everything he said is true except them begin Dangerous. All the problems we have had all year will not be fixed this weekend.

Re: New Story: Leggett says Tigers will be "dangerous" with late-season momentum

May 13, 2015, 2:18 PM

There are different types of "dangerous"...they are not the one he is referring to

May 13, 2015, 2:44 PM

Yep!!! The one he is talking about, is the one where he will have a dangerously slim chance to none of winning a game!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Late season confidence ....

May 13, 2015, 2:16 PM

after giving-up 15 friggin' runs to Furman !?!?!?!

The team has just two decent wins in its last 13 games (Louisville and College of Charleston).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Late season confidence ....

May 13, 2015, 2:21 PM

Exactly! I've seen better pitching on middle school teams than some of the ones Furman was running out there

Re: Late season confidence ....

May 13, 2015, 7:09 PM

Yeah like when we played scar earlier

May 13, 2015, 2:18 PM

Sure he didn't mean Tigers in danger of playoff extinction?

May 13, 2015, 2:19 PM

for some reason this comes to mind

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2015, 2:49 PM

This is the one that comes to my mind!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=firing+squads&biw=1093&bih=514&tbm=isch&imgil=pBY9LGL99_QNMM%253A%253BFsbs9Px9ohqlVM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fen.wikipedia.org%25252Fwiki%25252FExecution_by_firing_squad&source=iu&pf=m&fir=pBY9LGL99_QNMM%253A%252CFsbs9Px9ohqlVM%252C_&usg=__IGMDufuf1dhhEXgsREGSmONT3MA%3D&ved=0CDQQyjc&ei=W5tTVerJE4WbNqvkgdAC#imgrc=pBY9LGL99_QNMM%253A%3BFsbs9Px9ohqlVM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fupload.wikimedia.org%252Fwikipedia%252Fcommons%252Fe%252Fe4%252FAustrians_executing_Serbs_1917.JPG%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fen.wikipedia.org%252Fwiki%252FExecution_by_firing_squad%3B2601%3B1829

May 13, 2015, 3:47 PM

please delete your link its screwing up the format of the board.

null

Comeback win over Furman

Oct 7, 2020, 8:22 AM

yeah, we are dangerous alright... Jack belongs in a old folks home, hes lost his mind

Oh no you didn't

May 13, 2015, 2:22 PM

Clear and incontrovertible evidence Jack does not read the T-nets. No way he invites more idiotic posts (whether we win or loose) with the "dangerous" quote if he did.

The Black Knight scene from Holy Grail has NOTHING on this guy.

May 13, 2015, 2:25 PM

Or Custer, for that matter.

Per your request

May 13, 2015, 3:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

OMG +1 *****

May 13, 2015, 9:27 PM [ in reply to The Black Knight scene from Holy Grail has NOTHING on this guy. ]

May 13, 2015, 2:28 PM

Just shut up, Jack.

Dude needs the keep his mouth closed

May 13, 2015, 2:33 PM

$#!t is getting old

Re: Dude needs the keep his mouth closed

May 13, 2015, 2:41 PM

whether even he believes it or not any coach is going to talk up and say good things about his team. what in the name of he!! is he suppose to do, throw all of his guys and coaches under the bus. you peoples hatred of coach leggett is way over the line. for gods sake, he only has a couple of weeks left. this team may not win another game but i bet they dont quit. unlike many of you have. very sad indeed.

Not sure how much hate there is for Leggett around here

May 13, 2015, 2:48 PM

and he'll be back next year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure how much hate there is for Leggett around here

May 13, 2015, 2:49 PM

thanks for your input mr. feldman.

There's no danger of us being in post season play !!***

May 13, 2015, 2:33 PM

how 'bout be silent? . . . . then dangerous, eh?***

May 13, 2015, 2:34 PM

Silent but deadly?***

May 13, 2015, 2:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2015, 2:40 PM

The same tired A$$ ######## from last year. I would think that he should know that teams hope to play him in any tournament to get an easy win. How far did that same BS get you last year Jackie. You can't scare teams by talking the talk, you better be able to walk the walk. You will leave the tournament with your nose and mouth pouring blood with other coaches and their teams laughing their A$$ES off at you and your BOOO tactics!!!!!!!!!!

He's a lot like Swinney

May 13, 2015, 2:40 PM

A lot of what he says in front of a microphone is meant more for his players and coaches than for the fans or the media.

May 13, 2015, 2:46 PM

6 errors last night, looks like they are ready. Leggett has just about ran out of spit on third base.

DON'T DO IT JACK!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2015, 3:05 PM

Nm..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish Jack and D. Watson would just coach & play & not talk

May 13, 2015, 3:22 PM

Why do we all of a sudden see the need to motivate our opponents?

I'm Certain

May 13, 2015, 3:45 PM

There is not one shred of fear in the hearts of anybody we will play in the tourney.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2015, 3:46 PM

Good lord please #### already

null

Dangerous - Like Barney Fife with a gun....***

May 13, 2015, 4:13 PM

May 13, 2015, 4:26 PM

No Comment

Talk is cheap.....prove it!

May 13, 2015, 4:36 PM

At this point your chatter is old. Win the ACC and you might have something to say. Until then, I'd just keep a real low profile.

Deer Jack,

May 13, 2015, 4:38 PM

A little over a month ago you said you wouldn't want to play this team if you were someone else.

You feel better than that now?

LULZ.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

he was right almost half the time

May 14, 2015, 1:57 PM

hahahahaha

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jack Leggett and Bobby Bowden

May 13, 2015, 7:04 PM

These guys have something in common. Both had successes at their schools, but both rode the horse until it died. Both milked their jobs and the schools that employed them out of lots of $$$ (Bowden much more of an abuser here than Jack due to salaries) for as long as they could. Neither of them accomplished anything (other than fattening their bank accounts) in the last several years of their tenures, and both rode their programs down on the way out. At least Bobby did get another enabler (Jimbo "Dumbo" Fisher) on staff to handle the transition. I don't think Jack has done that for us. It is time for a change, and our storied baseball program deserves it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha, the only reason I clicked on this article was to read the comments section

May 13, 2015, 7:59 PM

Didn't they just allow Furman to score 15 runs?

You guys need to chill the heck out.....

May 13, 2015, 9:45 PM

I personally think we should find a new head coach next year for baseball. I also have had a personal unpleasant experience with Jack Leggett as an undergrad.

Having said all that, the man is the coach of OUR baseball team and he will be for the rest of the season no matter how long or short it may be.

Until that time, to criticize every word the man says is juvenile at best.

In my 30 plus years as a Clemson brother, fan, and graduate it sickens me to see all the personal vitriol spilled on this board as a sport/coach suffers. When one of our brothers suffers he needs support not hate as long as that man is leading the young men we pull for. I have even heard fans say that they hope we lose so a coaching change can be made quicker. To you I say you are not a part of my Clemson family - not one that Clemson is all about in my mind.

Go Tigers! That still means something to me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys need to chill the heck out.....

May 14, 2015, 2:17 PM

The AD supported him last year and outlined things that needed to change.

Jack didn't want to hear any of it and we now see how this year has gone.

I don't care who you are, no one person is bigger than Clemson. You do what is in the best interest of the University and in this case our Baseball team. He wasn't willing to make the needed changes and for that reason I take issue with Jack.

I always have and always will pull for the guys on that field. PERIOD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Quack, quack***

May 14, 2015, 7:09 AM

Solid Photobomb in the article picture***

May 14, 2015, 10:29 AM

Enough Already; Keep Quiet and Play

May 14, 2015, 1:55 PM

When is enough enough? Keep your yap shut and play some decent baseball. Winning 23-15 over Furman or this season's entire body of work evoke any kind of overconfidence. Be humble, coach, and work on getting this program turned around.

Replies: 49
| visibility 4,767
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic