Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Kirk Herbstreit tells how Alabama should attack Clemson in Sugar Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

New Story: Kirk Herbstreit tells how Alabama should attack Clemson in Sugar Bowl

Dec 6, 2017, 9:23 PM

Kirk Herbstreit tells how Alabama should attack Clemson in Sugar Bowl

Kirk Herbstreit has seen Clemson play a number of times this season, including last weekend’s 38-3 demolition of Miami in the ACC Championship Game. As a result, he knows exactly how he would attack Clemson if he coached for Alabama. Photo by Jeremy Brevard / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well that is just pure genius

Dec 6, 2017, 9:37 PM

Kirk is a seeer -

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Kirk Herbstreit tells how Alabama should attack Clemson in Sugar Bowl

Dec 6, 2017, 9:37 PM

If we take care of the football and don't give up big plays (easier said than done), we win. Bama's offense is not good at sustaining drives and Jalen Hurts has not yet won a game with his arm.

Re: New Story: Kirk Herbstreit tells how Alabama should attack Clemson in Sugar Bowl

Dec 6, 2017, 9:48 PM

Clemson survives the 1st quarter "onslaught" of Bama run..run some more...incomplete pass.We will be fine.Great feeling bout this one.

GO TIGERS!!!BEAT Bama!!!LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!

Dec 7, 2017, 9:57 AM

I agree. The trepidation is gone, and they are seen as just another good opponent that can be beaten. We have to play sound football, but we match up very nicely against them. I do think Kelley Bryant has to have a good day with his arm, but if he opens it up a little, we win this game in very workmanlike fashion. We do need to keep the offense opened up without getting so clock conscious and trying to run too much, but if we successfully mix it up and keep up the pace, they lose. Period, end of story!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2017, 10:37 AM

I concur! :)

Dec 6, 2017, 9:44 PM

And that's the big time Clemson friend using his loyalty trying to tell Bama how to scheme Clemson for a win against his friends of Clemson!!! Maybe that is why he said that Clemson needs to be very concerned about playing Bama. Maybe It's bc he has seen so many Clemson games this year, and he wants to shake and bake by giving Bama some tips on what he has seen all season with Clemson, and he wants to help :)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 9:48 PM

Gee, I sure hope coach Swinney hears about the inside info Herb has passed along to our opponent!

It could also be looked at as trying to provide an

Dec 6, 2017, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Kirk Herbstreit tells how Alabama should attack Clemson in Sugar Bowl ]

outside perspective to Clemson - sort of an independent assessment of potential mismatches that they should focus on for the next few weeks...

Re: It could also be looked at as trying to provide an

Dec 7, 2017, 10:39 AM

Yes. Nicky will be sending Herbie the check.

I like Herby

Dec 7, 2017, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Kirk Herbstreit tells how Alabama should attack Clemson in Sugar Bowl ]

Kirk has a tough job and has to find ways to look unbiased. There is nothing he said that means anything. If I had to bet, he is secretly hoping Clemson kicks the $#!@#$%^&* out of Bama. Heck he wore a Orange and Purple tie for one of our games last year. He is the only one on there that I listen to at ALL.

"Two seconds"??? Come on, Mr. Steele.

Dec 6, 2017, 9:50 PM

Clearly you haven't watched the last drive enough. ;o)

Dec 6, 2017, 11:30 PM

Maybe he should have told his alma mater last year what game plan to use. 31-0!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami shut down our running game.

Dec 6, 2017, 11:41 PM

I mean, it was a great defensive strategy. They held us to just 35 points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami shut down our running game.

Dec 7, 2017, 1:19 AM

4 of our scores totaled about a 105 yards...I think they were 43,41,16 and 13 yards . Not of yards can be made on the ground when the drives are so short.

Maybe that was part of their diabolical plan to limit

Dec 7, 2017, 8:24 AM

rushing yardage.

Dec 7, 2017, 6:42 AM [ in reply to Miami shut down our running game. ]

They held us to 38 points...cmon man, it's hard enough for us to get fg' s without you taking em away.

And, yeah, I hear your sarcasm.... 4 out 5 scores were on the ground. They stopped the run in every situation except the ones that " counted".

I'm old. I keep up with outlines not details.

Dec 7, 2017, 7:48 AM

I thought since Miami used that defensive strategy and it worked so well for them that surely Saban would follow suit.

As far as Herbie's dum-bass comments, there is no way to defeat Clemson's offense other than keeping it off the field and our defense has something to say about that.

I though it was amusing the the spread, FPI, SOR and all the other stats they push to prove Bama is the best that Herbie and the rest of ESPiN's talking heads are worried about how Alabama is going to beat us. That's rich.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2017, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Miami shut down our running game. ]

Excellent point. Clemson ran very little against the Gentle Breezes and still won by 35! 'Bama beware. :)

Dec 6, 2017, 11:43 PM

I'm sure Herbe will provide a sequel, due to his sense od fairness, to advise Dabo how he would play the tide. Bet Dabo can't wait.??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

c’mon, kirky herbie, they don’t need any help.***

Dec 7, 2017, 12:06 AM

Dec 7, 2017, 7:04 AM

I think its refreshing that somejuans trying to figure out how Bama can beat the Tigers
rather than the other way around.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2017, 7:58 AM

Like when Saban said, "Players come to Alabama so they can play teams like Clemson!"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For all the talk of Clemson being afraid of people

Dec 7, 2017, 7:12 AM

I think people are afraid of Clemson. I like that. Go Tigers!

Ok Herbie ... now show your impartiality

Dec 7, 2017, 7:29 AM

and state how you think Clemson should attack Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

It seems like all the pundits can’t wait to offer advice and point out our weaknesses to our opponents, but I never see articles to the contrary. Wonder why that is ...

Maybe they feel our team and coaches are so good that they don’t want to have to muddle through another boring broadcast with Clemson blowing out their opponent. :)

I think most everyone here is missing the point.

Dec 7, 2017, 7:51 AM

After pushing FPI, SOR and all ESPiN's other stats all year to prove that Alabama is #1 they are fretting over how Alabama can beat Clemson. That's bassackward to an entire season of their #1 Bama rhetoric.

Re: Ok Herbie ... now show your impartiality

Dec 7, 2017, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Ok Herbie ... now show your impartiality ]

It is his job. He is usually as fair as he can be. He even picked Clemson to possible blowout OSU last year.

I hope they stack the box with an extra guy

Dec 7, 2017, 7:41 AM

This will open up big plays by providing one on one matchups on perimeter. KB will eat them alive with the short game and swing passes to backs. They will not be able to cover our wrs in space for those 5-10 yd passes (slants, back shoulder, hitch routes). Then you will see Cain or bama killer Renfro do a double move (ie the td cain had against the canes) and get huge plays.

Re: I hope they stack the box with an extra guy

Dec 7, 2017, 10:43 AM

I can see Tee Higgins in there stretching the field.

Dec 7, 2017, 8:00 AM

He forgot to mention that Bama would have 100% chance of winning if they scored more points by the end of the game.

Dec 7, 2017, 8:05 AM

Kirk needs to shut his pie hole!

Given the lack of job security at ESPN maybe he should

Dec 7, 2017, 8:10 AM

put in for the Tennessee job.

I think he would also say that especially for Alabama, this is easier said than done - Alabama? Tempo? really?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Dec 7, 2017, 8:14 AM

I thought Bama was favored? So why is Herbie giving tips on how to beat us!? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

He is just trying to do his job people

Dec 7, 2017, 8:35 AM

Don't take everything as an attack. I think he is probablly pulling for Clemson, but he can not say that!

Dec 7, 2017, 8:45 AM

I like Kirk but this article is basically saying nothing. "Hurts is going to have to make plays with his arm and his legs"......yes, and the other 21 players on the field will have to do the same.

Dec 7, 2017, 10:22 AM

I agree. Not telling us anything we don't already know. Here's another twist. If Jeremy Pruitt is leaving, this may create a little bit of chaos/uncertainty on the defensive side for 'Bama. Last year the Lane Kiffin move certainly did not help, though I realize that was only a week before the game.

Don't you need to be able to make a first down for this to

Dec 7, 2017, 8:56 AM

work ?

3 and outs will not tire out anyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have seen numerous Esecpn hacks writing the same drivel.

Dec 7, 2017, 2:29 PM

Likely because the SEC controls Espn"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I noticed is....

Dec 7, 2017, 6:22 PM

If I was game planning against Clemson...

Stopping the Clemson offense is about getting consistent pressure.
You can't sit back into coverage. You gotta take your chances with
one on 1 coverages and bring pressure on Kelly Bryant. I've noticed
when teams do that, our offense struggles alot. Bryant doesn't have
a quick release and needs ample time to throw. And now it seems his
running game has taken a hit as well.

against our defense, its about moving the chains and making quick throws.

IMO

Re: What I noticed is....

Dec 8, 2017, 10:00 AM

Perhaps. But the Clemson offense is still racking up plenty of points and drives against pretty good defenses. The Tigers don't need to score 40 to win. The defense is awesome.

Dec 8, 2017, 5:16 PM

It’s interesting when Bama playing tempo is mentioned.......Big Nicky was one of the original tempo haters, railed against regularly....funny how things change.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic