Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Kelly Bryant on head injury: "I was knocked out for a little second"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Kelly Bryant on head injury: "I was knocked out for a little second"

Oct 23, 2017, 2:04 PM

Kelly Bryant on head injury: "I was knocked out for a little second"

Kelly Bryant expects to start Saturday’s game against Georgia Tech. Bryant was slammed into the ground on a tackle late in the first half of Clemson’s 27-24 loss at Syracuse. Bryant was laying on the ground for several minutes before being helped off the field and held out in concussion protocol. Photo by Rich Barnes / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Kelly Bryant on head injury: "I was knocked out for a little second"

Oct 23, 2017, 2:39 PM

Happy to see that KB is ready to continue the journey! He needs to be vey careful on the field, once a team knows that you have an injury, they will do all they can to re-injury that player. He needs to be protected during each play. Get better KB, CU needs you! GO TIGERS!!!!! BEAT GT!!!!

Re: New Story: Kelly Bryant on head injury: "I was knocked out for a little second"

Oct 23, 2017, 2:44 PM

If he hasn’t even tested the ankle in practice till today and is still in the “take it one day at a time” mindset - can we just start Zerrick or Hunter please? There’s no shame in saying, “hey coach, I’m not 100%”.

I say rest him

Oct 23, 2017, 2:48 PM

I think we can beat GT at home with Cooper or Johnson but we have to have KB for the NC State game. We won't win that one without him. If one of the freshman QB can't get the offense going after a half against GT, then let KB play the second half. Otherwise, just let him rest this week so he'll officially be ready to go in Raleigh.

Re: I say rest him

Oct 23, 2017, 4:09 PM

I agree

The defense has to play a LOT better this week regardless of

Oct 23, 2017, 4:42 PM [ in reply to I say rest him ]

who starts at QB.

I know most people want to focus on the QB issue from last week, but the defensive struggles were the bigger problem ... that and missing two pretty easy FGs.

Re: The defense has to play a LOT better this week regardless of

Oct 24, 2017, 8:06 AM

I agree, that was a program loss, coaches, offense, defense, special teams, trainers, doctors, airline pilot and bus driver.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 7:08 PM [ in reply to I say rest him ]

I bet he can't play against GT. Have a gut feeling about that. If we start ZC we have an extremely good chance of losing that game. I don't care what the coaches say, HJ is the better game player period.

Oct 23, 2017, 9:36 PM

And here we have it folks. Our new HC in waiting

#1 rule in football; the player on the bench is better than

Oct 24, 2017, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I say rest him ]

the players on the field. Just wish the coaches knew this. :s

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 23, 2017, 3:30 PM

That hit was scary. It wasn't the first contact hit that was so bad, it was the intentional slamming movement by #55 to hurt KB. It should of been flagged, imo. There's no place in college football to slam a QB's head into the ground, ever.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 3:35 PM

I honestly hope he doesn't play for long vs. GT. Get ZC and/or HJ the reps. We can beat GT with either, IMO. Give KB some much needed time to recuperate.

But we need KB healthy for NC State. That will be a tough game against a very good defensive front.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 24, 2017, 7:05 AM

Terrible mistake to have played KB @ Syracuse. After 3 weeks to heal, he could have been 100%.

Oct 24, 2017, 7:11 AM

please inform us why it was a terrible mistake

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 4:51 PM

The staff should not have started Kelly against Syracuse. They shouldn't let him risk injury this week when it's the defense that wins the GT game. Let him rest one more week and be ready to crush State and the Gamecocks.

Oct 23, 2017, 4:55 PM

Oh, and maybe teach our RBs how to block or chip a blitz by the linebackers. Go back and look at the film, they just stood there while the blitz was coming.

Oct 23, 2017, 5:02 PM

Yes. And maybe get them into the running game some more. Every time Feaster and Etienne touch the ball they are a threat to break it.

Bull and you know it

Oct 23, 2017, 5:05 PM

He wasn't knocked for only a second he was down for a long commercial time and you know it. Rest your money maker and invest in the future in the appropriate times. This is just pure rash decision making and I hope the offensive coordinators get this right. In fact let me just be perfectly clear. I am not happy with our offense and I haven't been especially last year. We probably had the best offense on paper in years that you can't count on your fingers. Yet we played worse than Boston College at times. (figurative) I miss Chad Morris because it was pretty clear he was a great OC. He may have left the playbook but the decision making is entirely different and completely sloppy. You give backs that pretty much get 9-10 yards a carry only 12 touches combined? Well played. Not. Fix your ####

Actually you don't know how long he was knocked out.

Oct 23, 2017, 5:11 PM

When the player is injured like that you keep him immobile while you assess the situation, so no one can actually say how long it was.

As to your point about not being happy with the offense last year, are you out of your mind? You must have forgotten the games when CM would throw in a trick play when we were driving the field, or when the running game was working and we abandoned it (a la last weekend).

the offensive coordinators don't make that call.

Oct 23, 2017, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Bull and you know it ]

the team physicians do. If he gets medically cleared, he'll play.

Re: the offensive coordinators don't make that call.

Oct 23, 2017, 8:13 PM

If he cleared concussion protocol, the only two that have any final say about KB playing are Streeter & Swinney.

Some of these posters have no clue but think

Oct 23, 2017, 10:23 PM

they know more than National Championship coaches. LOL!

Female gamecocks "lay" on the ground

Oct 23, 2017, 5:50 PM

Bryant was lying on the ground.

Oct 23, 2017, 6:02 PM

Just what, exactly, was he laying on the ground? I saw him lying there...

Oct 24, 2017, 7:01 AM

Goes to show He should have never played against Syracuse. Ankle was not better than 80%.

Oct 24, 2017, 7:12 AM

what were you thinking when he started the game with 9 straight completions.

Oct 24, 2017, 7:55 AM

Concussions result in brain death in that area of the brain later on.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic