Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Junior Day: Clemson coaches hosting nation's top talent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Junior Day: Clemson coaches hosting nation's top talent

Mar 3, 2017, 8:11 AM

Junior Day: Clemson coaches hosting nation's top talent

Junior Day might not be the correct name for this week’s recruiting festivities on the Clemson campus. The Clemson coaching staff will host the second Junior Day of the year Saturday, and while plenty of 2018 prospects will be on hand, the weekend will also feature visits from several 2019 and 2020 prospects. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best is yet to come

Mar 3, 2017, 8:21 AM

Hard to believe that we are STILL upgrading our talent all over the place. RB, OL, TE, and maybe DB are the only ones that are "lagging behind" and they won't be for long.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: The best is yet to come

Mar 3, 2017, 10:19 AM

I do not know if we have ever had a better OL that Hyatt, a better RB than Feaster, or a better TE than Legett! I can imagine that Muse and Simmons may be the best safety tandem ever at Clemson.
Aleaxander and Tankersly may have been the best tandem at CB we have ever had.

I do not think the talent is getting better but the depth of that talent is better than it has ever been and appears to be getting deeper. Our current junior and sophomore class may be the best we have ever had, the current freshman class is small and so we were able to cherry pick, next years likely the same.

It is good, but i would be careful throwing around the...

Mar 3, 2017, 11:52 AM

"best ever" label. The talent and depth on some of those late 80's teams was impressive, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The best is yet to come

Mar 4, 2017, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The best is yet to come ]

Better RB than Feaster? lol wut. CJ Spiller would like to have a conversation.

Hyatt might graduate as the best LT we've had, but we have had some good ones back in the day. And he is only 1 of 5 on that line. We still need depth behind him and some thoroughbred monsters in the middle.

Leggett is not as good as Dwayne Allen. That's pretty obvious.

We've had some pretty darn good DBs roll through here. I think our CBs are better than our Safeties now, which is where I could see us improving. How can you say that about Muse and Simmons when Muse couldn't beat out Johnson and Simmons hasn't even played a down? Slow down just a little bit.

Message was edited by: gtriple®

The absence of players from SC shows how talent poor sc is***

Mar 3, 2017, 8:40 AM

Re: The absence of players from SC shows how talent poor sc is***

Mar 3, 2017, 9:30 AM

Was Zach Pickens from TL Hanna invited?

3 of our 5 commits are SC players

Mar 3, 2017, 12:06 PM [ in reply to The absence of players from SC shows how talent poor sc is*** ]

we've got the 2 top player of the class "from" SC visiting this weekend in Stephon Wynn Jr and Xavier Thomas. Jordyn Adams is supposedly Jeff Scott's top WR target and he played most of his life in SC. we still may look to Demarcus Gregory if we need to at WR. 2018 is a pretty strong year for SC players, and we're doing great with them

2019: I'm a little confused why we aren't bringing Zacch Pickens to campus this weekend but it could be because XT is coming. Quack Cohen will have to wait and see if we hit on Terdaja Mitchell this year. Jamario Holley would be a 2 man for us and we may be a little full at that position depending on where Derion Kendrick ends up playing at CU. Jacoby Pinckney could be in the mix as a 2019 WR but that will depend on how 2018 shakes out

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 of our 5 commits are SC players

Mar 4, 2017, 8:42 PM

We would love to have both of these players from SC. We can use these guys and hope they make a decision to come to Clemson. We have great coaches and a great facility. We hope you guys will be in a Clemson uniform and roaring like a Tiger. Go Tigers!!! Prepare...Prepare...Prepare!!!!

Re: The absence of players from SC shows how talent poor sc is***

Mar 4, 2017, 9:29 PM [ in reply to The absence of players from SC shows how talent poor sc is*** ]

Check out players from the NFL. The state of SC has more players per capita than any other state. SC is pretty small. Atlanta Metro area by itself has more people than our total state does. Its a numbers game but we do put our share in the NFL.

Re: New Story: Junior Day: Clemson coaches hosting nation's top talent

Mar 3, 2017, 9:11 AM

One word: Dayum!

Mar 3, 2017, 9:41 AM

Can agree with gtriple on OL and DB. Don't think we really know what we have at TE because we didn't see too much of anyone else other than JL last few yrs.

As for RB - been more talk and posts about Zamir White than I care to look at. I cannot understand why that's a big deal. We got excellent running backs and a great one from Louisiana coming. I'd say RB is least of our problems. Actually kinda tiring on ZW and his drama with ga etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2017, 8:51 PM

TE is still a weak spot. Leggett was great as a pass catcher but he wasn't the best blocker. That explains his current draft stock. We can definitely still upgrade that position and I don't think there is a 1st round TE on our roster.

RB is still on the rise. I think Feaster and Etienne could both be great, but neither has done it yet. Gallman was good, but you have to honestly give some credit to a pretty good OL and a huge distraction in DW4 and his crazy group of WRs. A player like Zamir White could easily break 2000 yards in our offense.

Mar 3, 2017, 11:02 AM

Is Youth Day canceled?

Mar 3, 2017, 11:06 AM

Nevermind. Twitter indicates the schedule was updated recently.

Edit suggestion: You have "Maker Teague" in list.

Mar 3, 2017, 11:15 AM

nm

RB top group

Mar 3, 2017, 12:08 PM

heard somewhere that Master Teague was one of the 4 players Clemson is recruiting at RB. is it safe to assume that list is?
- Zamir White
- Master Teague
- Devon Lawrence
- Lyn-J Dixon

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd guess in a different order

Mar 4, 2017, 8:47 PM

White, Dixon, Teague, Lawrence is the order I'd guess they are in. White is so far out in front though.

Devyn Ford's request

Mar 3, 2017, 4:23 PM

Uh, good luck with that. I mean, I fully expect you'll get honesty from the Clemson coaches, but all that will mean is you'll hear, "It depends on too many variables at this point. The biggest one is you." You're not finished in high school and you want to know where you'll be on the depth chart? The best you can hope for is, "right up there."

Mar 3, 2017, 5:11 PM

I L O V E me some Dabo. Go tigers.

Mar 4, 2017, 8:39 PM

Welcome to Clemson guys. We are hoping you guys see what we have here and the way we treat our Tigers!!!! Our Tigers are great and we are so proud of them. We are also proud of the fact they fight and roar like Tigers!!! They are great young men who represents Clemson in a way we can be proud of. I hope you guys will consider coming to Clemson when you graduate high school. Love our Tigers!!!! Go Tigers, get ready for the 2017 football season, focus, work hard stay smart. Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic