Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Instant Analysis: ACC Atlantic Champs!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Instant Analysis: ACC Atlantic Champs!!

Nov 11, 2017, 7:09 PM

Instant Analysis: ACC Atlantic Champs!!

The Tigers claimed their third division title in as many years as Clemson knocked off Florida State 31-14 Saturday night in Death Valley, punching their ticket to Charlotte for the ACC Championship Game on December 2nd. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was wonderful.

Nov 11, 2017, 7:36 PM

We rested plenty of starters and gave others time to heal. Our backup played like next year's starters too. All in all it could not have been better for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was wonderful.

Nov 11, 2017, 8:39 PM

Yep, If I would have taken FSU and the 16 in a real bet, I would have lost!!! It was a miracle ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Instant Analysis: ACC Atlantic Champs!!

Nov 11, 2017, 7:41 PM

Well done article, thank you for all y'all do on game days and the days leading up to. I can't wait to see y'alls information and opinion on the games before and after our wins!

Go Tigers, win the state, ACC and another semifinal and national Championship! It's great to be a Tiger and be on top and feel like you should be there with the best few teams.

Thank you all and DABO your the best.(wish Hunter Johnson would have played more and could throw long for us when we need it)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 11, 2017, 9:00 PM

With it all said and done, if Tony would have only called 1 or 2 long passes to keep FSU honest. Tony knows that KB can only complete about 10% of his long passes, so, everything should be 10 to 15 yards to the side lines or slants across the middle, and I think we would be much better off in our passing game bc we have good RB's catching the ball out of the BF, plus we have much better RB's running the the ball out of the BF. This year, our RB's have been much more productive running the ball than they have in past years. IMO, we could be a better team using our RB's in the run game, and our receives in a short passing game along with our RB's catching a few out of the BF....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Instant Analysis: ACC Atlantic Champs!! ]

I agree 100%. Absolutely no complaints. Dabo sees the waste opportunities. He also pointed out that this is KB’s first season as the starter. Our defense held FSU to 28 yards rushing and we have defeated them three times in a row. Let’s get behind our great team and coaches and show how proud we are to be Clemson Tigers.

Beautiful and Ugly

Nov 11, 2017, 7:52 PM

Beautiful we won and responded to adversity when the game was on the line. Ugly how we played so poorly on both sides when we could have closed out the game. Too many overshot passes, drops, busted coverages and poor play calling.

Love the win, but it again shows some team weaknesses. Hope our injuries are minimal for USUC and the ACC-C.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beautiful and Ugly

Nov 11, 2017, 7:56 PM

Ugly is being nice.

This is pretty much how I feel.

Nov 11, 2017, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Beautiful and Ugly ]

We keep squeaking by somehow -- we rise up just in time to save it.
The thing is I believe WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER than the other teams we're playing, but we just aren't executing.
It makes me wonder if we'll be able to respond later ...

It's just ... the thing is ... we keep responding, but only because we've put ourselves in a situation where we had to.

We should have had 28 pts in the first half. We ended up with 31 for the game but only a 3 point margin and they had the ball during the 4th quarter.

Gives me the willies.

Anyway - as I said - they responded ... again! And how!

Go Tigers -- keep dancing!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: This is pretty much how I feel.

Nov 11, 2017, 10:25 PM

Fear cripples.,.cripples coaches. Can he make the throw, can we get 5 yards so they play conservatively.
If we keep playing conservatively, we will keep seeing these types of lifeless games.

Fear, Fear, Fear

Nov 11, 2017, 8:31 PM

Wouldn't be the same without me being on the verge of a coronary! Loved it, hated it, I will take it!! Go tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 8:43 PM

2 things; 1) Emit Rice should be suspended for rest of season for the targeting hit and ensuing celebration on Ryan Carter. Any player that stands over a player and claps as he did shows extremely #### poor sportsmanship. Then on way to locker room, he taunts fans and does the hands on side of head asleep pose. This is a display of arrogance and lack of leadership by FSU Coaching Staff. Hopefully, but unlikely, the ACC reviews this and takes action. 2) The playing to win mentality and poor play calling in the second half almost cost us the game. Bryant is going to run instead of pass and the fact that Hunter Johnson sits is beyond belief. Tigers were basically stagnant on Offense in 3rd qtr and half of 4th qtr. This is getting to the point of being old. If Bryant can't get it done, put someone else in. Sooner or later it's going to catch up and we will lose. GO TIVERS!!!

Nov 11, 2017, 9:08 PM

Not just HJ. Guys like Higgins and Overton aren’t going to wait around for another year of not catching balls. These guys came to WRU to show off for the NFL

Nov 11, 2017, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Instant Analysis: ACC Atlantic Champs!! ]

Watch...someone will post “its part of Swinney’s game plan to not show everything”

Fear is what developes that game plan!
Free them young men to play... don’t tie their hands

Deliberate Targeting

Nov 12, 2017, 6:33 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Instant Analysis: ACC Atlantic Champs!! ]

This kid should be let go, or

become the "face of the Seminole Program".

Swoffie will do Nothing.

I do not think their Administration would like that.....

Nov 12, 2017, 1:43 PM

I love my Tigers, but if we play like we played against FSU in the upcoming ACC Championship game against Miami we aren't going to make it. Miami is the type of team you can't come back from once they are ahead. I hope we can somehow get healthy and improve the play calling. Our QB has to do some soul searching and get some confidence!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic