Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Grayson Trio thriving at Clemson even if the names have changed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Grayson Trio thriving at Clemson even if the names have changed

Mar 12, 2015, 3:01 PM

Grayson Trio thriving at Clemson even if the names have changed

The Grayson Trio is indeed thriving at Clemson, although the members of the group have changed. And Clemson is better for that change.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. Gallman was always one of the three. I'd

Mar 12, 2015, 3:29 PM

take Nkemdiche and Kamara over Shuessler and Carter any day at this point. Anyone would. Now, this may change if Shuesller and Carter see any snaps this year and make positive contributions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think announcers are still in love with Nkemdiche

Mar 12, 2015, 3:39 PM

I only watched parts of two or three games for Ole Miss last season - most of that was the Miss St game. And the announcers uttered his name practically every time his side was on the field. Or so it seemed. But his numbers certainly don't match that hype.

Aren't we still looking at some Grayson guys for 2016? That Mickey Conn connection works pretty well for us.

I don't doubt that Schuessler is progressing like coaches say. Having the full attention of Streeter looks like the right thing and a good decision by Swinney.

I'd say it's partly because he has two freshman up his butt.

Mar 12, 2015, 3:51 PM

But the new QB coach was a genius move by Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, if Carter and Schuessler actually contribute in a

Mar 12, 2015, 4:42 PM [ in reply to I think announcers are still in love with Nkemdiche ]

positive way, I may change my mind. There's nothing "I've seen" to make me feel that way yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, who had more tackles in 2014? Nkemdiche, Vic

Mar 12, 2015, 4:54 PM [ in reply to I think announcers are still in love with Nkemdiche ]

Beasley, Shaq Lawson, or Corey Crawford?

Nkemdiche did.

Who played on the nation's top-rated defense?

Mar 12, 2015, 5:24 PM

Here's a clue - Nkemdiche didn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

LOL, I'm not saying he's better than any of those guys

Mar 12, 2015, 5:26 PM

just that I'd rather have him than Ryan Carter...geez.

Captain Contentious here.

Mar 12, 2015, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Disagree. Gallman was always one of the three. I'd ]

There's two problems with your statement of which I'm positive you can reconcile.

One of those kids is slated to start in our secondary. One of those we offered was a bust at Old Miss. Why did Kamara leave? If you give this careful consideration it doesn't matter.

Both of those who've become Tigers have held up under Dabo's scrutiny. That's a big deal to me cause many who we offer wouldn't.

You honestly think Kimdeechee could have started over one of our starting DEs. I reckoned that's why he chose not to come to Clemson, he's a three and out guy who didn't want to play behind anybody. Can you spell 'D-I-V-A?'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Captain Contentious here.

Mar 12, 2015, 3:52 PM

Totally agree

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March starters aren't always August starters

Mar 12, 2015, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Captain Contentious here. ]

Pretty sure our CB starters last spring were Tankersley and Jenkins

Carter's not slated to start in our secondary. Nkemdiche

Mar 12, 2015, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Captain Contentious here. ]

would start this year for sure for us. Maybe not last year.

Message was edited by: josephg®

That may be partly true...but part of me can't help but give

Mar 12, 2015, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Captain Contentious here. ]

these coaches some credit. We know how to coach some DL talent. Nkimdichee may have had better coaching/training than that of Ole Miss and subsequently had a better start/bigger impact. I was never really sold on Kamara but was happy with Gallman. He looked like a legit back. I was initially a little suspicious of the Carter offer but after watching his video, it's clear he's a violent hitter...something I'm sure Venables loves.

Re: Captain Contentious here.

Mar 12, 2015, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Captain Contentious here. ]

I can spell Kimsuckcheass!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kim dee chee thus far has been pretty average

Mar 12, 2015, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Disagree. Gallman was always one of the three. I'd ]

69 tackles 4 sacks in 2 years are not even 3rd team all conference type #s. He is not a bust but a huge underachiever...Still has time to live up to the hype---but not yet

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

He had more tackles than Vic, Shaq, or Corey Crawford

Mar 12, 2015, 5:25 PM

this year but, helll, Mile, it ain't LB. DEs don't get that many tackles.

Kim Dee Chee is a DT.....Grady Jarrett our Best DT

Mar 12, 2015, 5:35 PM

had 11 more tackles than Mamas boy

Orange Googlers Unite

Even better, We need DT depth and I'd take him over guy

Mar 12, 2015, 7:56 PM

in competition to be our third or fourth corner.

I would take him too.....

Mar 13, 2015, 8:45 AM

but the argument in the story is about the trio.....Obviously Gallman is on both lists...

so are Kamara and Mamas boy a better duo than Shus and Carter? Kamara is a washout
Our 2 guys are contributors...Are our 2 a better deal than a good DT? Guess we really
don't know yet ....

Orange Googlers Unite

Re: New Story: Grayson Trio thriving at Clemson even if the names have changed

Mar 12, 2015, 3:57 PM

I've always said, we got the quality guys from Grayson. I won't comment on what ol' miss got, but I guess they're pleased with it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carter would be the biggest surprise to me

Mar 12, 2015, 4:23 PM

He did not seem to have near enough speed, strength or hip explosiveness from his HS film. I guess we will see.

I'm always dubious what comes out from Spring Practice from any coach. I lot of it is coach-speak and motivation for certain players in my view.

Hopefully they all play well and contribute to the team but I take all this with a grain or ten of salt until September.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO surprise-watched Carter run down Dalvin Cook @ Grayson

Mar 13, 2015, 12:58 AM

Grayson vs Miami Central at Grayson - 1st game of year. Big crowd of Clemson fans there. Ryan Carter ran down Dalvin Cook from behind - long run - to prevent Dalvin from scoring. Miami Central ended up with a field goal. Grayson won. No speed, huh?

Re: NO surprise-watched Carter run down Dalvin Cook @ Grayson

Mar 13, 2015, 8:37 AM

Never said he didn't have speed. I said from watching his FILM, he didn't look fast. I thought he was a questionable offer at the time, although if it was to get his teammate, I was fine with it. I hope the kid turns out great but he just didn't look like a high level player in HS from his FILM.

Just be mindful the spring comments from any coach, Clemson or not, mean nothing. Time will tell if he can produce at the level of players we are currently bringing in.

I would love to see that play as I have a hard time believing he ran down Cook.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 4:36 PM

This might make me look so dumb but I was positive kamara went to Alabama?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep just looked it up. Confused Alvin and David. Carry on

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Grayson Trio thriving at Clemson even if the names have changed ]

Different Kamara

Pretty sure we'd all be stoked to have Nkemdiche right now. I'd be even more stoked if we landed Carl Lawson and Mont Adams...

Newsflash: Nkemdiche was an All-American

Mar 12, 2015, 5:07 PM

Not sure where you get off writing that he has had an underwhelming start?

Does anyone believe Schussler has potential?

Mar 12, 2015, 5:34 PM

Honest question.

Obviously we've seen very little, and he was put into a tough spot against GT. Thus far he appears to be a Cole Stoudt clone. I think Cole was a great backup and maybe that's the ceiling for Schussler.

As for Gallman, he was fourth/fifth(by my count) on the depth chart. And he might get buried if the other guys play up to potential. From my seat, Gallman is a one cut north/south runner. He doesn't block well, and his pass routes need work. He also runs tall. However, he stayed healthy, plays with heart, and doesn't put the ball on the ground.

Gallman's potential maybe be lower, but he plays hard. It's nice to have real depth.

None of know anything about the Carter kid. He may be the guy at corner now. Then again, coaches have a way of motivating other guys too. Every Spring and August we hear about practice All-Stars, then come the season they only play on special teams and garbage time.

In all, Ole Miss got the better end of the deal, without question. RN is as good as we thought he was. But, it's entirely possible Carter and Gallman become solid role players. If so, I'll take two over the one.

Mar 12, 2015, 6:09 PM

Reading into the Ryan Carter situation a bit further, and hearing that he would start at this point tells me several things. Swinney said in an earlier interview that Marcus Edmond is still working on coming into his own, so he's obviously not ready. Cordrea Tankersly has been in the system for a few years now, and if Cater has passed him by, he'll be a career special teams player. That leaves Adrian "Primetime" Baker, who I've yet to hear his name called after a RS year. This tells me that Mark Fields will start opposite Mack when the season kicks off. He is a Mack clone, and a pure cover corner with elite speed. No other player on our roster other than Mack match his skillset. Hopefully those 2 can hold up next season because after that we are thin and unproven.

Awesome article!!***

Mar 12, 2015, 9:11 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I said when I first saw Ryan Carter

Mar 13, 2015, 5:54 PM

before Clemson had offered, that he will be a very good player. I was very happy he signed with Clemson. The kid looked a lot better than Kamara to me. Not surprised to hear this

Re: I said when I first saw Ryan Carter

Mar 14, 2015, 6:45 AM

Nkemdiche had 11 more bong hits and 1 more Physical assault violation that the entire 2014 Clemson Tiger Football team. I say he improves on those numbers in 2015.

DB23

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic