Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Georgia defensive end commit says "I just can't stop thinking about Clemson"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Georgia defensive end commit says "I just can't stop thinking about Clemson"

Mar 26, 2018, 9:33 AM

Georgia defensive end commit says "I just can't stop thinking about Clemson"

Athletes, parents, and media all complained about the cold and blustery conditions at Buford High School Sunday afternoon, but if there was one person who didn’t seem to mind the 30-degree temperatures and gusty winds, it was 2019 defensive end Nolan Smith, who says Clemson is never far away from his thoughts. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff. I'd love to see us flip this kid.***

Mar 26, 2018, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Good stuff. I'd love to see us flip this kid.***

Mar 26, 2018, 9:51 AM

That would be a great flip if we could pull it off! Deep down he feels the pull towards Clemson. Wonder what the pull to Georgia is that keeps him committed there?

Mar 26, 2018, 9:59 AM

Money money money...

Nah, he really sounds like a nice honest young man and that wouldn't work for this fella. Not that I saying uga doesn't do that because I firmly believe that they do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 10:22 AM

You are all over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Good stuff. I'd love to see us flip this kid.*** ]

Me too! It sounds like his heart already is at Clemson. I don't see the attraction to uga when comparing it to the atmosphere he loves and says Clemson has. Leave the doubts behind, and follow where you're led. Tiger Town awaits.

Mar 27, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Good stuff. I'd love to see us flip this kid.*** ]

This one is ALL Dawg! Kirby gonna Kirby!

Mar 27, 2018, 1:33 PM

Maybe Dabo is going to Dabo and you'll see Nolan in Orange.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 9:06 PM

They may get him, but if they do, it will be because a new house, car, job for parent, etc come with strings attached. That is the "ugay way".

Mar 30, 2018, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Good stuff. I'd love to see us flip this kid.*** ]

I heard when Kirby passes out the cash to his players, he hands some out to some select regular students too. That way it’s a benefit that is received by both athletes and non-athletes and not the NCAA’s business. It’s the UNCheat way!

Mar 30, 2018, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Good stuff. I'd love to see us flip this kid.*** ]

I heard when Kirby passes out the cash to his players, he hands some out to some select regular students too. That way it’s a benefit that is received by both athletes and non-athletes and not the NCAA’s business. It’s the UNCheat way!

There will be bags of cash blocking the driveway when

Mar 26, 2018, 9:52 AM

they try to back the family car out to come visit Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Georgia defensive end commit says "I just can't stop thinking about Clemson"

Mar 26, 2018, 9:54 AM

Yeah, I'd love to see this fella come to Clemson. Sounds like that's where his heart is at and some of his friends. He just sounds and looks like a Clemson man. I am a little confused on this section of the article:

“It's certain things about Georgia and just the defense that they run,” Smith told TigerNet Sunday afternoon. “I feel like I'm a 3-4 outside linebacker but I’m playing in the 4-3 system right now and I'm working, I'm working just fine. And they are still in it, but it's kind of hard because I really want to play in the 3-4 defenses, but I just can't...

Is he saying he likes what CBV runs or uga or what. or am I just reading this wrong. TIA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Georgia defensive end commit says "I just can't stop thinking about Clemson"

Mar 26, 2018, 10:49 AM

Yea, that was confusing. We run a 4-3 and UGA runs a 3-4. Looks like that's what he liked about UGA is the 3-4 D.

BV mixes up his defenses so much though (drops back DEs into coverage and blitzes everyone at some point). I feel like he would be able to use Nolan's strengths to his advantage, no matter what the position is called.

Message was edited by: CU13®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 10:01 AM

I hope he has a AAA membership. He's likely to have car trouble on his next visit to Clemson

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watch for yourself...

Mar 26, 2018, 11:23 AM

https://youtu.be/XK7fzqieLIk

https://youtu.be/sksobc57vTU

Here is what the AJC had to say about my homeboy.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:26 AM

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/5-star-uga-commit-nolan-smith-shared-some-candid-thoughts-at-the-nike-opening

Re: Here is what the AJC had to say about my homeboy.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:46 AM

This seems to validate that he's not 100% committed to Georgia just yet. He uses "we" a lot but then points out that he's talking about athletes from the State of Georgia, not just Georgia commitments. I think he probably ends up a Dawg, but he's definitely making it interesting

With NCAA knowing your recruiting history with him

Mar 26, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Here is what the AJC had to say about my homeboy. ]

UGA will have a decision on backing off or not.

I guess UGA won't back off, knowing how "hard" UGA is working at recruiting.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Here is what the AJC had to say about my homeboy.

Mar 26, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Here is what the AJC had to say about my homeboy. ]

IMG teammates seem to think he's the most likely to flip it's all "word through the grapevine" though and we won't know until the smoke settles.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:57 AM

"Me neither."

Sincerely,
All Coots

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Mar 26, 2018, 12:15 PM

Flip him like a pancake.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

XT & Mike Jones are our best recruiters of Nolan

Mar 26, 2018, 1:23 PM

I believe he might just flip to be with his brothers from last year. The fact they are FaceTiming him from Clemson is better recruiting than anything The dawgs can do besides $ and I don’t believe dirty money drives him.

Playing with his former teammates and going pro in three can best be done at Clemson. I’m going 100% on him to want to be with family at Clemson playing for the best head coach and defensive coach. Brent will know how to use him the best to get him to the NFL as a 1st round pick.

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 30, 2018, 7:57 AM

Unfortunately I trust these kids words as far as I can throw them. I think this fluff and manufactured drama to keep his appeal going. If you can’t stop thinking about Clemson then why are you committed to GA? And when asked why you are you say that you don’t know...it’s just GA...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

He's 17 for crying out loud

Mar 30, 2018, 8:04 AM

We can all play devil's advocate, but there are reasons why he committed to UGA...yet remains indecisive. Most of all, commitment at Clemson means something a bit more than at other programs. I don't see him singing 'Georgia'...but he comes right out and says Clemson is on his mind... a lot. UGA fans place an inordinate amount of pressure on top recruits...especially within the state. At some point, that grows old. Kids are starting to figure that out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's 17 for crying out loud

Mar 30, 2018, 9:20 AM

I understand he is 17 years old...That definitely plays into the fact of why I don't trust their word. They are teenagers and being indecisive is completely understandable...But lets not pretend that these kids don't try to play people or fan bases...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic