Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Gene Stallings on Dabo: "I think he is the real deal"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Gene Stallings on Dabo: "I think he is the real deal"

Jul 2, 2015, 8:10 AM

Gene Stallings on Dabo: "I think he is the real deal"

Gene Stallings has been around some of the game's great coaches and won his own National Championship, so he knows a thing or two about coaching, so when he says Dabo Swinney is the real deal you listen. (Photo courtesy of CUAD) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm confused.

Jul 2, 2015, 8:16 AM

I thought Dabo only knew how to lead cheers, recruit top talent and select good assistants. I had no idea he knew about coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm confused.

Jul 2, 2015, 8:19 AM

COOTS STILL BELIEVE THAT. THEY ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2015, 8:24 AM

Not even STS buys that anymore and they started it.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2015, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm confused. ]

If they haven't awakened yet, I doubt they will recognize what we have. They are little lost sheep who sniffed a modicum of pseudo-success brought about mainly by being in their conference and being in the weak division within it. They don't get that. There is a lot they still don't get. There is a whole lot more they never will get, either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2015, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm confused. ]

They haven't caught on as to why we love Dabo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you do something long enough, you're bound to learn .....

Jul 2, 2015, 9:11 AM [ in reply to I'm confused. ]

something.

Like reading Tiger Bored for 16 years!

Used to be a dumb ###.

Now a smart ###.

Jul 6, 2015, 10:29 PM [ in reply to I'm confused. ]

Surely ye jest. Observe Tigers' game performance this year, and if capable, you should understand better by early next year

Great read David. Well done.***

Jul 2, 2015, 8:24 AM

Good interview...***

Jul 2, 2015, 8:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Gene Stallings on Dabo: "I think he is the real deal"

Jul 2, 2015, 9:00 AM

Great article. It speaks volumes when Gene Stallings saw Dabo's potential and started him on the path of coaching. It speaks more to hear that 16 years later he became the Clemson Head Coach. I know Coach Stallings is proud as he can be to see his Grandson heading to Clemson. I wonder if Coachi Stallings will be wearing ORANGE on the sidelines watching his grandson play? GO TIGERS!!!

I wonder which box he'll be sitting in during the playoff...

Jul 2, 2015, 9:44 AM

if Bama makes it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2015, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Gene Stallings on Dabo: "I think he is the real deal" ]

Thanks for not being a smart alack.Like what Stallings said about Dabo. Go Dabo and Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 2, 2015, 9:20 AM

I think Dabo is the real deal, too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great to hear and even better to get accolades from such a

Jul 2, 2015, 9:30 AM

well respected long time coach. We are lucky to have Dabo----thanks coach!

Here's the deal

Jul 2, 2015, 10:17 AM

Why does a coach with a conference championship, a BCS bowl trophy, two top 10 classes, four 10-win seasons and wins over the likes of Auburn, LSU, Ohio State, and Oklahoma need ANY validation from anyone? I get that this summer has been pretty interesting in some regards but Coach Swinney has built something Clemson hasn't seen in a good bit. We are all on the edge of our seat for 2015 and 2016 because we may see that weird looking trophy finding a home next to the Sears crystal ball and all those ACC Championship trophies.

Speaking of interesting summers, remember Sammy Watkins? Remember the sophomore season, simple possession of marijuana? How did coach do? How is Sammy now? We have a coach with not only a thirst of winning but a character that is bigger than any coach I have ever seen.

Speaking of interesting summers, remember Nkemdechie? Remember our defense situation? Remember what happened? Do you recall the name Vic Beasley? We have a coach that gives players with talent and ability chances when it seems they aren't as good or fit the position.

So here we are...Summer of 2015. And here's how it plays out in my mind:

We loose Ebo...Fine, we have 5 players who will step into that back-up roll. And they will do just fine.

Battle leaves: Okay. Mitch Hyatt is coming in and will play out of his mind. We will not hear his name except at the beginning of this year when mentioning Battle is gone, against FSU, and at the end of the year when we hear about Clemson dominance and crowning of the NC...

And Adam Lakip...He will have to do his list for Swinney. And it may take him the season. Spence will come in and have a "Mike Williams" type season when we didn't have Watkins. He will quietly kick himself on to first or second team and be on the Groza watch list...

As a fan, I am sick and tired of seeing legendary coaches having to validate the Head Coach of Clemson University. His on the field and most importantly his off the field resume speaks for itself.

Nice... +1. Hope you're right about the season...***

Jul 2, 2015, 10:20 AM

Re: Here's the deal

Jul 2, 2015, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Here's the deal ]

You have too much time on your hands. Easy man, who cares what others think? #scoreboard #gotigers

Re: Here's the deal

Jul 3, 2015, 8:46 PM

Not time more so observation. I see an article of someone having to validate our coach. I respect Gene Stallings and Danny Ford but Dabo has proven in 7 years he is "the real deal." If he wins the NC, will we have to see another article proclaiming he's "the real deal?" I'm not taking it easy. Dabo Swinney is a heck of a coach!

Great post!!!!!! tigerdrewz!!!!!***

Jul 2, 2015, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Here's the deal ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Story ! Thanks for posting !***

Jul 2, 2015, 10:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow I had no idea. ...

Jul 2, 2015, 3:40 PM

Wow I had no idea Dabo was only with yje clemson program for 5 years before becoming head coach. Gives me a new found respect and perspective on our HC

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless his heart. Look how much he's aged!! Great person!***

Jul 2, 2015, 3:41 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic