Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Furious rally falls just short as Tigers knocked from ACC Tourney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Furious rally falls just short as Tigers knocked from ACC Tourney

Mar 11, 2015, 2:39 PM

Furious rally falls just short as Tigers knocked from ACC Tourney

Clemson erased a 20-point deficit and had a chance to tie the game in the final 10 seconds but the comeback ad the shot fell just short freshman guard Xavier Rathan-Mayes scored 29 points and outdueled Clemson’s Rod Hall as Florida St. held on for 76-73 win over Clemson in the second round of the ACC Tournament at the Greensboro Coliseum Wednesday afternoon. Photo by Bob Donnan / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Furious rally falls just short as Tigers knocked from ACC Tourney

Mar 11, 2015, 2:54 PM

Let's go after Mike Young at Wofford. Its bad Brownell didn't work out but the man shouldn't have to work another day in his life.

Re: New Story: Furious rally falls just short as Tigers knocked from ACC Tourney

Mar 11, 2015, 6:51 PM

Brad isn't going anywhere until he has had a chance to recruit out of our updated arena. So I really don't know why someone will intentionally try and stir the fan base up talking about firing Brad when they know that Brad definitely ain't going anywhere for at least 3 more years!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2015, 3:02 PM

same ole same ole.....something has got to give......brownell said the other day that its not hard to get up for this game....but we showed up mentally as usual.....it seems to me that for us to still shoot the ball so poorly all season, reflects on the coaching.....straight up....yea.....im venting...but im callin it....yes...we should be better next year.....i wish our coach would show more passion on the bench...maybe the players will begin to play better....anyway....the program at this point cant get any worse......as always.....GO TIGERS!!!!

Mar 11, 2015, 3:06 PM

"i wish our coach would show more passion on the bench"

Good lord where do these people come from?

Another SCOK rises from the ashes....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 11, 2015, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Furious rally falls just short as Tigers knocked from ACC Tourney ]

Coaching gets you open looks. Players have to knock down open shots. There is plenty of accountabilty to around, but it's not all the coach. There is going to nights when offense let's you down, but you have to keep yourself in the game defensively.

and . .

Mar 11, 2015, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Furious rally falls just short as Tigers knocked from ACC Tourney ]

Hall had ANOTHER ill timed turnover at the end. Wow, it truly is some ole same ole. I've never seen a team be so consistent in patches of no scoring. There's a lot to be told about a team like that. Hall is gone, maybe we'll actually be able to shoot next year.

Mar 11, 2015, 3:02 PM

same ole same ole.....something has got to give......brownell said the other day that its not hard to get up for this game....but we showed up mentally as usual.....it seems to me that for us to still shoot the ball so poorly all season, reflects on the coaching.....straight up....yea.....im venting...but im callin it....yes...we should be better next year.....i wish our coach would show more passion on the bench...maybe the players will begin to play better....anyway....the program at this point cant get any worse......as always.....GO TIGERS!!!!

Mar 11, 2015, 3:15 PM

shocking this SCOK doenst know how to use the board. They usually are not a very intelligent bunch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 11, 2015, 3:18 PM

what else is new?

Mar 11, 2015, 4:21 PM

There is just no excuse for being inept. I love my Tigers as much as anyone, but now, almost 50 years after my graduation, I am tired of bring the ACC's basketball door mat. Why can't we find a Tony Bennett, who can make decent players play like McDonald's All-Americans? Man I'm glad we have Dabo. The bright spot in an otherwise dull athletic department.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We aren't thr ACC's basketball doormat.

Mar 11, 2015, 10:00 PM

We are a solid middle of the pack team under Brownell. I obviously expect more, and want to contend for ACC titles, but we aren't close to the bottom of the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: We aren't thr ACC's basketball doormat.

Mar 11, 2015, 11:01 PM

We may not be on the bottom with BC or Va Tech, who won their first game, but you can count on us to lose in the first round of this tournament, and to almost never win a game we are expected to lose. We have never, ever, in over 50 years, won in Chapel Hill. We can count on being 1 and done in the ACC tourney, so we are a good draw in the eyes of an opponent, and have been for years. If that isn't a good description of a league's doormat then I don't know what it is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2015, 4:53 PM

Hall, we will miss you. Thanks for the memories. Wish you the best as you leave Clemson. Hard work pays off in the long run. Hate the lose but there is always another day and year. Go Tigers.

Mar 11, 2015, 5:53 PM

Great game by Rod Hall. I know he had a key turnover late but what a way to go out as a senior. Would like to make an emphasis on why Brad would make a play for a freshman who plays 5 mins a game to shoot the game tying 3....why not give it to Rod or Harrison.. your seniors.. nothing against DeVoe as i think he will become a good player for us but he does not need to be taking that shot. Thoughts?

Mar 11, 2015, 11:41 PM

I remember once upon a time in 1982 when a coach entrusted the game winning shot to a freshman....a freshman who wore #23.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic