Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: From "face beat in" to All-American, Hyatt savoring freshman campaign
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,700

New Story: From "face beat in" to All-American, Hyatt savoring freshman campaign

Dec 17, 2015, 11:20 AM

From "face beat in" to All-American, Hyatt savoring freshman campaign

Mitch Hyatt has come a long way since spring practice. Just ask Dabo Swinney. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Shaq Lawson as well - for getting this guy ready

Dec 17, 2015, 11:29 AM

to play. Shaq understood how important this was to our team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

We probably owe

Dec 17, 2015, 11:40 AM

his uncle Dan (Benish) a thank you for prodding him Clemson's way! This kid is going to make an unglamorous position, glamorous!

Re: We probably owe

Dec 17, 2015, 11:46 AM

When Mitch is ready to go pro after 3rd or 4th year, he will be a no1 pick.. I am not saying first round pick. He will be No 1 pick overall.

NFL teams want OTs so bad and this guy could hold down the left side for an NFL QB for 15 years... what a special talent!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: From "face beat in" to All-American, Hyatt savoring freshman campaign

Dec 17, 2015, 11:58 AM

Has done a OUTSTANDING JOB at Left Tackle. Came in ready to learn, study the playbook, and obviously get his butt kicked on a daily basis by Shaq Lawson. Knock him down, he got back up. Hate to imagine his size and skill set in 2 years. Definitely looking forward to watching him play. GREAT JOB MITCH ! GO TIGERS!!!

Re: New Story: From "face beat in" to All-American, Hyatt savoring freshman campaign

Dec 17, 2015, 7:10 PM

Yes, he is going to be a Clemson great one. Just imagine how good our Tigers will be next season, National Championship good, more so than this year!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who was that asking questions at the very end of the video

Dec 17, 2015, 12:05 PM

I hope it was a national guy because no local reporter should be asking Mitch Hyatt how close he lived to Clemson growing up.

Outstanding student, high character and a beast at LT!

Dec 17, 2015, 12:13 PM

Wait until he grows up!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who was the last first round OT from Clemson?

Dec 17, 2015, 12:18 PM

Cause I'll bet good money that Mitch will go early in the first round when he goes pro...

I think Lou Cordileone was the only NFL offensive lineman

Dec 17, 2015, 12:50 PM

from Clemson drafted in the 1st round (1960).
But probably the best NFL offensive lineman from
Clemson was Jeff Bostic who was undrafted, but
became a member of Washington's famous "Hogs"
O-Line, was on 3 Super Bowl champs, and is in the
Redskins Ring of Honor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Lou Cordileone was the only NFL offensive lineman

Dec 17, 2015, 2:44 PM

100% agree. Bennie Cunningham was a 1st round pick in '76 as a TE, but Cordileone was the only interior lineman.

And older brother Joe Bostic played for 10 years for the St. Louis Cardinals. He was a 3rd rounder.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Ive watched this young man on and off the field

Dec 17, 2015, 1:02 PM

He is just a total gem. Very unassuming, yet extremely confident. He seems uncomfortable in the spotlight answering questions, yet at 18 he is so mature beyond his years. He maybe as good at his position as a freshman as anyone, yes even Deshaun, and he is only going to get better. Again, I am just going on what I've seen and read but he seems so grounded never to have had a father figure, thanks to his mother and uncle Dan for raising such an fine young man. This kid is truly an unsung hero if this 13-0 team. Great Job Mitch!

Re: Ive watched this young man on and off the field

Dec 17, 2015, 2:21 PM

Loved his commitment ceremony. Kid just came out with a shirt "A Clemson man needs no introduction". Love this guy! DW is the freakin man, but Hyatt has as much potential to be Clemson's highest drafted player of all time.

Dec 17, 2015, 3:29 PM

He has lived up to his hype. Glad we have him 3 more years.
GO TIGERS!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2015, 8:16 PM

I heard a lot of people singing the blues when Isaiah Battle left for the NFL. Frankly, I was never a fan of his. He had all the physical attributes and a good set of skills, but he was basically lazy. He did not have a good work ethic. I liked to call him "the Executive Left Tackle." All that said, I truly wish him well in the NFL.

I thought that Mitch could replace Battle in all ways, especially his work ethic. Unlike Battle, Mitch never "took a play off." He worked from the snap to the whistle all of those 895 plays... Great Job Mitch! Deshaun knows that you "have his back."

Go Tigers... all the way!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2015, 12:13 AM

So glad you came to Clemson...thanks for pushing yourself and protecting Deshaun. Prepare for the next season...Oklahoma. Believe and Execute and things will go your way in life as well. Believe. Commit and love your team. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Dec 21, 2015, 3:56 PM

Well said, CinTiger1, I agree with everything you said....Those are my sentiments to a tee....
Go Tigers!!!! Give Oklahoma another butt kickin'...It's always been great to be a Tiger Fan, that's what makes this season sooooo sweet as well.
All you guys are right, we are going to have one heck of a team next year too, and the O Line will just be that much better, especially with guys like Mitch anchoring the line.

Yes, thanks Mitch for choosing Clemson, and tell Uncle Dan we said hello.....

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,700
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic