Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Frisky as a Colt: T.J. Green talks draft and Kearse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Frisky as a Colt: T.J. Green talks draft and Kearse

May 3, 2016, 6:47 AM

Frisky as a Colt: T.J. Green talks draft and Kearse

Former Clemson defensive back T.J. Green was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the second round of last week's NFL Draft, and he's excited about the next step in his career. What does he say about the move? What are his thoughts on Jayron Kearse? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we love ya TJ (and all our tigers)

May 3, 2016, 7:20 PM

Kick butt in Indy and we will have your back

On another note: whoever was spouting crap and throwing our guys under the bus is no tiger. Those of us fully invested in Clemson Family love all our guys and root for them to be huge successes in every way

Re: we love ya TJ (and all our tigers)

May 3, 2016, 8:04 AM

Throwing players under the bus? What if one of the staffs evaluations (or even multiple staff members) were gave a not so great, but honest review to the NFL execs? Is is still throwing a guy under the bus? I don't know one staff member who isn't a true tiger. When everything is right there on tape for for the NFL guys to see, it's kinda hard for a college coach to sugarcoat a guys performance or effort and still keep his credibility with those guys and his own future players. And before you say that would never happen, think again

May 3, 2016, 8:29 AM

Did I point out a coach? I'm referring to anyone who spins negativity around here with ill intent. Honesty is good but there have been several folks on here that twist things and throw shade on our program. Not healthy

And if you wanna be honest and open, neither of us know if a coach was involved. Could've been the case or not

May 3, 2016, 8:41 AM

Nothing being said here by fans is causing players to drop in the draft. And no you didn't point out a coach but def implied that anyone who spoke negatively about players weren't true tigers. I'm just pointing out the fact that going by what a couple of players said themselves over the weekend did indeed point to the fact that a couple of guys didn't get, let's say, "glowing reviews" from some of the staff. And there's a big part of the reason for the fall

May 3, 2016, 8:48 AM

Yeah, pretty common knowledge there are rumors out there that our coaches did not give Kearse the most glowing reviews (and he did not earn them). Not to mention no one is not going to draft a player based on fan boards and reviews... unless someone posts him smoking out of a gas mask.

Rumors are far from common knowledge to me.***

May 3, 2016, 8:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rumors are far from common knowledge to me.***

May 3, 2016, 3:31 PM

Exactly, and I honestly don't believe that has happen, nor does it deserve even rumor credit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JK's sub-standard level of play began long before the ACCCG

May 3, 2016, 5:40 PM

Look back to the NC St. Game. Originally, I thought he he was hurt- or dinged up. That ( to put it mildly), was not his finest moment.

May 3, 2016, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: we love ya TJ (and all our tigers) ]

Going off a couple tweets I saw over the weekend from a player, I'd say there is some legitimacy to those rumors.

May 3, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: we love ya TJ (and all our tigers) ]

I don't see it exactly like you (I think most negative folks on Tnet are trying to negatively affect recruiting rather than the draft status of our guys leaving) but I can respect your viewpoint

May 3, 2016, 9:29 AM

the bottom line is we had 9 guys taken. 3 of the 4 in the first 2 rounds were juniors. Our
recruiting for the NFL is second to none, but you have to call it like it is, Kearse
tanked it the second half of the season. To the point that most thought he was playing hurt.
It turns out he was just playing scared, safe or maybe his weaknesses were exposed. All I know is his
effort was not there, and the film showed it. If you had ask TJ when he came to Clemson that on
May 02, 2016 would you be a multi-millionaire with a 4 year contract to play in the NFL and he would
have said in my dreams.....same with Dodd. So if the coaches gave Kearse a bad review he #### well
earned it, and they are being honest evaluators. Who knows what happened, but I could see it from the
stands and didn't have to look at film. NFL teams are very savvy. I would say everyone went where they
should have gone except maybe Mac. He could have gone higher.

Do you really think that the NFL coaches don't know how to

May 3, 2016, 8:37 AM [ in reply to we love ya TJ (and all our tigers) ]

evaluate film and realize that film doesn't lie? As they say "a picture is worth a thousand words".

Shhh...it's a conspiracy dontcha know?***

May 3, 2016, 9:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: New Story: Frisky as a Colt: T.J. Green talks draft and Kearse

May 3, 2016, 7:54 AM

Good luck TJ. Re Kearse the film says he quit half way through season. Is the tape
putting things out there that are not true?

May 3, 2016, 8:25 AM

Maybe they think that any film showing that individuals are slacking should be destroyed. TJ should look at the film and the next play after the 7:47 mark on the game clock in the Natty game. And maybe he should ask his friend how did that play get completely away. Because if it hadn't been missed, he could have went to the NFL with a NC under his belt....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2016, 8:39 AM

I know Kearse is TJ friend and teammate but look at 1:32 in the 4th qtr of ACC champ game.
Switzer made him look like he was playing flag football in a tuxedo..

May 3, 2016, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Frisky as a Colt: T.J. Green talks draft and Kearse ]

"The tape says" hahahaha you are a joke

Bottom line: Kearse threw himself under the bus

May 3, 2016, 9:32 AM

When he decided to quit playing with full effort. Whether someone said something or whether you wanna talk about it or not is irrelevant. What I saw with my own two eyes was easily seen by NFL scouts. Good luck to TJ. He made the most out of his college career and will be a good one

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

prior to the ACCCG

May 3, 2016, 10:20 AM

Kearse was seen as a 1st or 2nd round pick.

That ACCCG and the Oklahoma and Alabama game showed that Kearse was not playing like himself. Many thought he was playing hurt and most thought he was not giving his all. Those are 3 BIG games and the film does not lie. He didn't play great in other games prior to the ACCCG but he still had the 1st/2nd round grade. Those last 3 games of his college career is what did him in on draft day.

The coaches probably gave a fair assessment on Kearse. Elite athlete that disappeared towards the end of his playing career.

Yeah, but the real player analysis hadn't begun at that

May 3, 2016, 10:48 AM

point. Same as Tajh was supposedly a high draft pick until we got the further in the process and the opinions of real scouts became public. Early draft projections are mostly just the talking heads. Further along in the process the NFL teams have a lot more information on the players, and then some of that info gets passed along to guys like Kiper who have sources within the organizations. Draft grades can change pretty drastically at that point.

Re: prior to the ACCCG

May 3, 2016, 2:58 PM [ in reply to prior to the ACCCG ]

If ask, if any of our coaches would have said anything OTHER than what they truly believe to be true about a player, it would be wrong of them. But I don't think that our coaches were ask bc that puts them in an awkward situation with a coach and his players. And I don't believe any of our coaches has volunteered anything negative to the NFL about any of our players. But if by some slim chance they had been ask. I believe they would lose all good faith and trust by the NFL owners and coaches if they didn't feel the coaches were honest with their answers. I would just just that they weren't allowed by the administration to answer questions about a player that wasn't already public record.

The past tense of ASK is ASKED.

May 3, 2016, 9:54 PM

Just wanted to make sure you knew that. I have a CLEMSON education, of which I am proud. I cringe at poor English like that on TigerNet.

Re: The past tense of ASK is ASKED.

May 10, 2016, 9:11 AM

Not everyone is blessed with the opportunity of a college education. Some people had family tragedies that prevented them from even getting a proper high school education because they had to support their mother, and several siblings. My situation wasn't that dire until my sophomore year at college. But to be an "English Police" is about as condescending as one human being can be to another. Luckily, I had two years of college before my world was yanked from me. I wasn't able to finish my education because someone had to support the family! Think before you act like a ####! Sucks to take your perfect pulse from you! But, you deserve it for being so condescending. Especially when you have no clue about this persons life. Not everyone was afforded the same luxuries. Only thing worse than a grammar police, is the politically correct cancer in America! Digressing. Most families can't afford to send a son or daughter to Clemson period.

My two cents on Kearse. He definitely phoned it in after the Ga Tech game in my honest opinion. As many have said, tape doesn't lie. Kearse also challenged team rules from time to time. Even going as far as wearing cleats that were banned, and other banned items on Gameday. Swinney had to punish him on several occasions for such violations. I don't know how "coach able" Kearse was, but it seems to me he thinks he knows better than anyone. He paid the price. If he stayed his senior year, and cleaned up his act he would have been a first round pick. Like most kids his age, he already knows everything! Until reality slaps him! A tough lesson to learn! But, his elite athletic ability will make up for his low draft stock. As long as he keeps his mouth shut, head down, and gets to work!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2016, 11:18 AM

Kearse certainly turned it off. Early in the season, he was giving full effort, including running dudes down from way behind etc. Then he went into hybernation. There is a forum of Clemson alums that email every week after games. Though some of us think we could be NFL scouts, we are not. We ALL noticed Kearse's decline-wondering if he was playing hurt. The effort was not there. TJ great job. Every man for himself at the next level.

May 3, 2016, 11:29 AM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jayron-kearse?id=2555156

May 3, 2016, 12:45 PM

Slow 40 didn't help Kearse either. He didn't exactly stun people with his measurables outside of his actual height and weigh.

Might be too obvious David, but any feedback from D. Allen?

May 3, 2016, 8:22 PM

D. Allen: A real Clemson great BTW. Wishing D.A. a healthy pro bowl season. His added toughness to a pre-BV softer Clemson team, particularly vs. Va Tech, started growing the team in the right direction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone have link to Kearse story?

May 3, 2016, 9:58 PM

I'd like to know what TJ is talking about, including who made negative comments about Kearse.

lets just say a coach/coaches didn't

May 4, 2016, 8:32 AM

give a glowing review.

It's kind of like giving a job reference. Give one good reference on a bad employee...or visa versa.... It can hurt your credibility.

Honesty is key. And it could affect draft status of future players.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic