Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Felder talks Clemson offer, wanting to play with Rahshaun Smith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Felder talks Clemson offer, wanting to play with Rahshaun Smith

Mar 29, 2015, 7:01 AM

Felder talks Clemson offer, wanting to play with Rahshaun Smith

Five-star linebacker Rahshaun “Shaq” Smith said Thursday after he announced his commitment to Clemson that he would love to have former teammate Kareem Felder join him in Tiger Town. As it turns out, Felder had received an offer from Clemson earlier in the week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Felder talks Clemson offer, wanting to play with Rahshaun Smith

Mar 29, 2015, 7:33 AM

I'm afraid if this kid waits til after football season, Clemson and Ohio state will have moved on.

Mar 29, 2015, 7:55 AM

Yeah, he really needs to decide if he wants to be 'romanced', or live the dream he and Shaq have supposedly had for years now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2015, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Felder talks Clemson offer, wanting to play with Rahshaun Smith ]

I'm sure we've already answered those questions he has. What we do with pass defense? Only #2 pass D and #1 overall in the nation in 2014...not too shabby. Put guys in the league? Two of our guys signed over 80 million in contracts (Gilchrist, Maxwell) and we have plenty in the league as well as one of the most famous guys to ever play in the NFL at DB (Dawkins). We play man coverage which every DB likes.

We get him if he doesn't take too long. Not sure who all else we're after at DB as I haven't followed closely with it being so early. We can play him our own videos lighting up Ohio State and Virginia Tech's dbs (although VT is up there with LSU as DB U)

He could have a Wait & See offer-(S Smith flip ?)

Mar 29, 2015, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Felder talks Clemson offer, wanting to play with Rahshaun Smith ]

if he does ,there's no use to burn his VT bridges just now.

Shame this kid doesn't read the Gamecock Boards

Mar 29, 2015, 8:58 AM

he would have found out that Clemson is a dump and there is nothing to do, and wouldn't have embarrassed himself with this quote:

"It was one of the best campuses that I've ever seen,” he said. “Their campus is amazing and it's a lot of fun there. Obviously, there are other factors that play into a decision, but it's definitely a wonderful campus."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shame this kid doesn't read the Gamecock Boards

Mar 29, 2015, 9:04 AM

It's great he hasn't wasted any time over on their boreds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironic the 5* talks academics & family. The 3* is ready for the League***

Mar 29, 2015, 9:01 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Ironic the 5* talks academics & family. The 3* is ready for the League***

Mar 29, 2015, 9:07 AM

Hopefully he gets it in his mind that the former has to come before the latter latter at Clemson, but get the 1st 2 right, and the latter is a definite possibility with the right skills and work ethic. Get that down, and we stand head and shoulders above the rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ironic the 5* talks academics & family. The 3* is ready for the League***

Mar 29, 2015, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Ironic the 5* talks academics & family. The 3* is ready for the League*** ]

It would be better if Shaq could flip Saivion Smith from LSU.

Mar 29, 2015, 9:02 AM

Felder would be very nice, if he really wants us and our value system and core philosophy. I don't want another Nkimdiche "goat rodeo". We have done our part, and now it's up to him if his childhood dream of playing with Rahshaun is what he really wants. He will get a chance to play for championships at Clemson, too, IMO. We have at least as much going on as the others he cited, including OSU, who we handled pretty well not too long ago.

I don't think Felder will be the #1 recruit with the media

Mar 29, 2015, 9:30 AM

on him 24/7 like kimdeeshe

Mar 31, 2015, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Felder talks Clemson offer, wanting to play with Rahshaun Smith ]

We have only been a couple of plays or few from a national championship the past few years. Self inflicted wounds both times. Just a play or two away from a national championship recently. An opportunity to prove that he can be the one to help put Clemson over the top. Matter of knowing whether "Am I ready to meet the CHALLENGE?" or riding on the over coattails to get there.

Mar 29, 2015, 10:17 AM

On VT message board someone made a comment "Why would any dB want to go to Clemson." smh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Mar 29, 2015, 11:19 AM

Maxwell and Gilchrist say 'Hi'...so does Sensabaugh...and Breeland...and pretty sure I'm missing another, or two.

Mar 29, 2015, 4:01 PM

Jonathan meeks (buf)

Meh, look at our recruiting vs theirs, our 40+ wins last 4

Mar 29, 2015, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Felder talks Clemson offer, wanting to play with Rahshaun Smith ]

years vs their 20 something wins. Also, if it were not for the Fuller family already having been at VT, we would have gotten Kendall Fuller as well. He liked us better than them.

Seems like we've got a lot of good DBs interested

Mar 29, 2015, 11:33 AM

Are we pursuing him that hard? Seems like he would only decommit from the Hokies if we guaranteed him. And going after a number of backs and better ones, I'm just guessing we are about as cool on him as he is on us right now.

We certainly have been attracting top talent there lately with Alexander, Van Smith, Fields, etc.

Mar 29, 2015, 2:11 PM

Sounds to like a ME ME kind of guy. That just isn't who we recruit these days. If he doesn't already know what Clemson's D has been doing then he just hasn't been paying attention. I think he needs to sell himself to us, not the other way around. As he sounds like Clemson needs to hard sell him on why he should come here. And yes holding a commitment to VT over Clemson or Oh St is mind boggling.

Seem to read alot into the mind of 17 yr old highschool kid.

Mar 29, 2015, 2:53 PM

It's really a shame all the scrutiny the these guys are exposed to at such a young age. When I was 17 I had the mind of a pea. I thought there nothing more important in life than what was under Mary Jo Rottin Crotch's undies.

I say we give him the benefit of the doubt. Reed's been recruiting since camp. He seems like a good guy and if he wasn't, I don't think Reed would have offered.

IMO

Yep i agree

Mar 29, 2015, 3:41 PM

He's young, we shouldn't judge what a 16 or 17 yr old kid says. I do agree with some other posters that if he doesn't commit early, we may move on. Hopefully thay doesn't affect Smith's decision, i don't think it will but you never know. If the kid does his homework, he will see that the last 6 or 7 yrs we have put many DBs in the NFL. Justin Miller, Maxewell, Sensabaugh, Breeland, Meeks, Gilchrist, I cant remember his name but the DB that went in the first round to the rams in 07 i think, and im sure there are more that i have forgot.

Re: Yep i agree

Mar 29, 2015, 5:06 PM

Tye Hill

Re: Yep i agree

Mar 31, 2015, 6:12 PM

B. Dawkins, how can you forget hardest hitting safety at Clemson. Hint? Philly"Eagles".

Mar 31, 2015, 8:52 PM

This kid soundsMUCH more like "duche" than ANY part of how you'd spell NkemdITCHY! "KIM (CARDASHIAN) ITCHY" WAS THE perceived BEST player in the nation, not the best athlete, but PLAYER! Don't forget, we didn't WANT that African reject, we LUSTED after him ( until his ##### of a mom ((NOT MOTHER)) lower case "mom") (which translates once again into "whatever it takes" "#####") auctionioned him off...we FEIGNED for that kid as THE #1 overall...kid WILL be a beast, but not here...now back to the OTHER kid. Not that good. This kid will get lost in an upper tier depth chart, and CLEMSON has that...let HIM dance on his own, because CLEMSON dances TOGETHER...that's all...kid, IS an APAPPROPRIATELY appointed 3*, and in college, he'll be lucky to PROVE himself 2* worthy...anyone who's ever read MY posts should say that I'll call it as best I can without, any bias (c.j.fuller, nyheim hines, ALEXANDER, WATSON, Ellington, McDowell, Bryant, shuey, smith...)...I'm no analyst, and while he IS more athletic than me, he's still OVERRATED as a 3*!...WOW! I never expected such a long rant...now I feel like a child abuser...sad...

GO TIGERS! REAL TIGERS!

How's that chemo workin' for ya...?***

Apr 1, 2015, 8:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic