Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Familiar foe, more experienced coordinators
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Familiar foe, more experienced coordinators

Dec 16, 2015, 8:00 AM

Familiar foe, more experienced coordinators

When newly minted offensive coordinators Jeff Scott and Tony Elliott walked out of Citrus Bowl Stadium last December, they never dreamed they would be meeting Oklahoma again a year later. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Familiar foe, more experienced coordinators

Dec 16, 2015, 8:24 AM

Good job so far guys. My only complaint is that you go conservative and play not too lose when you get a couple of scores ahead. Unfortunately it's almost cost us a couple of games. Unless were like 5-7 scores out of reach, please keep the foot on the gas and go for the jugular. GO TIGERS BEAT THE "SETTLERS"!!!

It seems that every time we play not to lose

Dec 16, 2015, 8:49 AM

we don't lose

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Familiar foe, more experienced coordinators ]

You are all over this!!! The conservative, run the clock offense almost has cost us both the ND game and the UNC game. Enough is enough. It's okay to stomp the living daylights out of an opponent. I like the Miami results a lot better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 12:01 PM

Everybody that thinks that it's ok to call the dogs off and play safe prevent FB. They should find and read about how our Adrenal glands really work. You can't turn it up when you need it, and turn it down when you don't. You use it all the way through the fight bc when you back off for a period of time (like an entire quarter of a game) fatigue sets in, and until it has time to regenerated and that can take some time, the muscles feel weak and don't won't to give the body that competitive edge to perform like you need it to perform. Backing off usually isn't a smart thing to do. Stay full throttle on our opponents until there isn't a chance for them to do any harm. That is the best prevent way to play, play to destroy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Familiar foe, more experienced coordinators ]

That should be mostly directed at the D considering the O gets up on our opponents by a few scores and it's the D that eases up and let's the other team into the game. We do get conservative when we're up, which wouldn't have been the problem it was in the ND and UNC game if the D hadn't let their guard down and let the other teams back into it.

Feb 11, 2016, 12:42 PM

Put 80 points on the board, then send your 3d team out to get in game experience!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 8:26 AM

The tigers haven't been noticed for that fact either. We had new coaches. We are much better on offense.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me translate.

Dec 16, 2015, 8:43 AM

We are going to beat a$$es twice in 12 months. Case closed. Who's next?

Lots of differences in this game, but the one key is...

Dec 16, 2015, 8:43 AM

DW4!

GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 16, 2015, 11:54 AM
image.jpg(84.5 K)
image.jpg(45.1 K)
image.jpg(169.8 K)

A Winning game plan:

A better mid range pass game to move the chains offense. TE slants (to Leggett), keeping an eye for deep openings. Look at Renfrow, that boy has hands, when we are covered deep on our star WRs.

On goal line stands, if the run isn't working look at Leggett for the quick up the middle pass. It's worked in the past for us.

I'm not worried about our deep ball attack and don't mind when we go for it.

Do NOT probe all early game with WR screens on the line of scrimmage to Scott. We should put that play in our second gear offense.

D. Watson: You rock. Keep your composure and slide when you run. That's how you'll make it to the NFL. You're not a "Big Ben" Roethlisberger or Cam Newton.

All early, runs should be off-tackle or pulls, with strong initial movement east west before north south. We're not looking great up the gut with our runs, yet... Give those young guys a chance to get some meat on their bones, then they'll make some bigger holes next year.

OL -- Trust their pass protection. They usually give Watson what he needs to get a ball off. He has the wheels to scramble if the pocket closes.

Offense in General:
Hold on to the GD ball after initial contact!! Wrap it up, please.
---

Defense: Tackle lower and wrap those feet.

DL-- Shut town those up the gut runs we've been burned on by: FSU, UNC, NC State & Syracuse. (To name a few...)

I like our vision and protection on our corners/outside.

Kearse-- don't drift up too much and finish on your tackles, please. (I.E. UNC game letting the guy right by you on the goal line after initial loose contact).

Mackenzie-- You're not ready for the NFL, but keep playing well.

Conclusion:

O= Better quick 6-10yd passes, like in a two minute drill to move the chains (before the half or end of the game). Trust a just outside the O-line run with "The Wayne Train" Gallman and support him after initial contact, when usually it takes more than 2 guys to bring him down ????????.

D= Finish the tackle. Stop the running game up the gut and keep being the Clemson Defense we've love and trusted during our "off years".
(Keep those interceptions comin'!)

I love our Tigers and haven't turned away during the Bowden years. Wind, rain and snow I'll show up and yell with ya'll.

These are my humble thoughts and opinions. Your comments are welcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 6:04 PM

Sure wish some of you guys were coaches. since it seems our don't know how to call plays for a game. i am surprise that we are 13-0 without you up there. seems to me that Elliott and Scott have done a good job. why not let the coaches coach and not always be negative about every thing they say.

Dec 16, 2015, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Familiar foe, more experienced coordinators ]

Every win won't be pretty, just like life. Every day won't be pretty but you made it. No matter what or how, the final results: THEY MADE IT AND THAT WHAT COUNTS AT THE END OF THE DAY: "WHO MADE IT"!!!!

You don't think about the game much, do you?

Dec 17, 2015, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Familiar foe, more experienced coordinators ]

All in all, pretty good points.

You may want to dust off your resume' and get it to DRad... ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I liked the way last year's offense play calling was handled

Dec 16, 2015, 11:58 AM

Stick with what works best instead of trying to excite the fans, we want another blowout.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 12:17 PM

I went to Orlando last year and saw the Game unfold. I could not believe our Game Plan and how it was executed. If everybody remembers, poor Ole Cole was thrown under the bus by the naysayers. I not so sure I n't one myself. But these two guys planed and worked on his strengths and our Defense was totally AWESOME!!
I am glad we are the Underdogs going in for this Game. Hike the Ball - We're Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 16, 2015, 1:47 PM

...and have fun, guys!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic