Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Exclamation Point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Exclamation Point

Dec 30, 2014, 11:36 AM

Exclamation Point

Clemson's defense went into the Russell Athletic Bowl as the nation's top-rated defense, a status that should hold true once bowl season has ended. In fact, the win over the Sooners and the way the defense played put an exclamation point on a stellar season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From the Orange Bowl Debacle of 2011

Dec 30, 2014, 11:40 AM

To the #1 defense in 2014. Talk about a turnaround! Way to go, Tiger D! So proud!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: From the Orange Bowl Debacle of 2011

Dec 30, 2014, 11:53 AM

In football years the OB of '11 seems like a long time ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 12:35 PM

It does sound like a long time ago, but it won't be long enough ago until you hardly ever hear it mentioned unless its notice in history research. It was a long time ago when you hear someone say, man can you believe that I read in Wikipedia this morning that WV scored 70 points on us back in 2011. Hard to believe isn't it. A coot would say, well I wasn't born back then so it don't count!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: From the Orange Bowl Debacle of 2011 ]

Looking for the silver lining, if we didn't have that 2011 Orange Bowl debacle, we wouldn't have Brent Venables today. Sometimes adversity turns into good karma.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 6:47 PM

So true!

completely selfish observation here

Dec 30, 2014, 11:43 AM

BV is HC material and it is just a matter of time but goodness DRad and Dabo, lock this guy up for as long as humanly possible. Best coach on the staff of any sport, period. What a heck of a leader and culture changer. No wonder our D is stoning folks. The guy gets involved with Cole and doesnt even coach that side of the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU

Dec 30, 2014, 12:54 PM

The guy defines passion.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Amen, he's definitely head coach material...wish he was our

Dec 30, 2014, 5:38 PM [ in reply to completely selfish observation here ]

head coach instead of the head cheerleader that we have.

Re: Amen, he's definitely head coach material...wish he was our

Dec 30, 2014, 6:47 PM

Like Dabo or not, Clemson would not have won ten games a year for the last 4 years. He is the guy in charge. He hires what we need at the time. He is a great recruiter. You are not All Time Clemson , except in name only.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Amen, he's definitely head coach material...wish he was our ]

That's about the sorriest comment on this post in a long time. Who do you think put this staff together? Where were we headed before he came? You need to get a grip my friend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Amen, he's definitely head coach material...wish he was our ]

All-time low class....

obvious coot. Got that talking point straight from coot

Dec 30, 2014, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Amen, he's definitely head coach material...wish he was our ]

Central. Can't wait til their suckage ages and matures for a little longer while dabo keeps us heading onward and upward...it's going to drive them absolutely bonkers.

Re: New Story: Exclamation Point

Dec 30, 2014, 11:45 AM

I too know that our program is BIG TIME. Thanks coaches, staff and players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 11:47 AM

I think BV is our most valuable coach. We need to keep him around a long time. Maybe a membership at Augusta National?

Dec 30, 2014, 12:13 PM

Don't want him remotely near the OBS....

Dec 30, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Exclamation Point ]

I think that a cool 1.3 Mil would lock him to Clemson for as long as we want him. Did you hear the announcers say last night that he wasn't interested in being a HC. I'm hoping that is true, and I think that he is taking ownership with our program by the way he talks about OUR program. If BV, Elliot, Scott and Dabo will VOW to always keep up with the changes in college FB and don't get into the it's always worked before attitude and face change head on. We should be able to be a top program for as long as I have to live, well longer than that lol....:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great team, fantastic D. TFL stat for the bowl game ...

Dec 30, 2014, 12:38 PM

Completely stoked about this D. This is one of those teams you never want to miss a defensive series ... you never know what might happen. What a pleasure!!

Has anyone seen an official tackle for loss stat for the game. The only reference I found was 9 which seems absurdly low as we were living in their backfield the whole game. Thx.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Here ya go...

Dec 30, 2014, 3:05 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/Clemson-OU-Boxscore-Stats-18380

It's totaled at the bottom on individual defensive stats. 9 TFLs.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Re: Great team, fantastic D. TFL stat for the bowl game ...

Dec 30, 2014, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Great team, fantastic D. TFL stat for the bowl game ... ]

Keep in mind that they only ran 68 plays. Every seventh snap or so they were taking a loss. That's pretty dang good and it doesn't count when they were stuffed at the line, threw an in complete pass or an interception, fumbled...the list goes on and on.

Re: TFLs by my own reconning ...

Dec 30, 2014, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Great team, fantastic D. TFL stat for the bowl game ... ]
TFL.png(43.0 K)

Okay this may not be official, but I saw 12. Forgive the formatting ... each with a # below is a TFL by my reconning (without a # is just my comment, but no TFL).

... see attached image for my comments incl. yardage lost.

In short:
# Quarter Clock Time Responsible
1 Q1 15:00 G.Jarrett
2 Q1 13:26 V.Beasley
3 Q1 12:51 G.Jarrett
4 Q1 6:29 K.Wiggins
5 Q1 4:15 V.Beasley
6 Q1 3:25 B.J. Goodson
7 Q1 2:34 S. Lawson
8 Q2 14:00 V.Beasley
9 Q2 1:42 G.Jarrett
10 Q3 12:41 G.Jarrett
11 Q3 0:22 S. Lawson
12 Q4 11:41 S.Anthony

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Dec 30, 2014, 2:28 PM

Nikki, an outstanding article on an outstanding Clemson type of coach. Really good feelings by me on where we are as a football program and development of our players into good citizens. It couldn't happen at a better place than Clemson and with a HC that has the vision, character, and morals that Dabo posesses.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Defense in the Naton and Even More Considering

Dec 30, 2014, 2:44 PM

How many times our offense went three and out this year. When your defense can trade three and outs with teams that have good offenses, it says more about your defense than the other teams knowing that we had problems with your offense this season.

Imagine how good this defense would look if our offense could sustain drives like an Alabama or Auburn or even GT? That fact that we are No. 1 Statistically with the issues we had on offense is just down right incredible IMO. I mean, we gave Oklahoma 4 possessions in the fourth quarter alone to run some plays which they accumulated over 100 yards.

Venables for President!

Dec 30, 2014, 4:00 PM

just sayin'...

Dec 30, 2014, 5:12 PM

With all the injuries this year i think 10 wins is a remakable achievment. The coaching staff made some decisions i did not like early on. (Not starting Watson) but they were right about a few things too. Adam lakip comes to mind. I would have kicked him off the team but that proves how much i know. How about the play calling in the bowl game that was well suited to Stoudts ability? Awesome. How about Brent Venables? This guy is amazing. He deserved the MVP along with Stoudt. If Watson stays healthy next 2 yrs, everybody better look out. Clemson is coming.

Dec 30, 2014, 5:27 PM

my sentiments exactly luv my tigers it ended perfectly next up nation championship where we probably would have beaten any of the four teams in last night. ACC and the Tigers command respect to the SEC #### riders ..

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic