Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Enclose Death Valley and make it louder? Swinney wants to see it happen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 97
| visibility 1

New Story: Enclose Death Valley and make it louder? Swinney wants to see it happen

May 3, 2017, 9:59 PM

Enclose Death Valley and make it louder? Swinney wants to see it happen

Death Valley is known as one of the loudest stadiums in the country, and the decibel level went up a notch when one end of the stadium was enclosed with the WestZone project. Imagine how loud it could be if part of the east end of the stadium was enclosed, a project that head coach Dabo Swinney wants to see happen. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one.

May 3, 2017, 10:02 PM

Don't build around the hill and leave the view of campus open on that side of the stadium.

If you close the stadium up then we look just like every other stadium in the country and you lose the appeal that makes Clemson different.

Me neither.***

May 3, 2017, 10:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one.

May 4, 2017, 6:00 AM [ in reply to Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one. ]
IMG_4905.JPG(136.7 K)

Don't make any changes ?? We would still be playing in a cow pasture if we just let things be ...

Growth has not been good for Clemson .. it has been great !.. They completed the west end zone just before Dabo took over when I was a student , and I'm happy with the way things have turned out ??

Unless you HAVE to see campus from the stadium ( not like there is a game going on or something ) , Clemson could enclose the East end zone with whatever they want, and still preserve the Hill/fan/player - game day experiences ...it's gonna happen ...

I agree, too many people living in the stone age

May 4, 2017, 5:06 PM

That's what has held Clemson back since Danny left.

"Uncle Trouble, look at it. Isn't it bootifill?"

May 4, 2017, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one. ]

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/A-Clemson-Thanksgiving-A-bootiful-place-eyes-child-15379

Don't Mess With the East End Zone and the Hill.

Re: "Uncle Trouble, look at it. Isn't it bootifill?"

May 4, 2017, 3:47 PM

Thank you for reminding me about this bootifill story. It was even better the second time around.

I all ways want to see Clemson grow and expand. But that there hill is sacard ground amount the hills that my home away from home resides. I can't from the life of me see how you can improve it without ruining it.

May 4, 2017, 5:32 PM

You must not be an engineering are architect major. I'm sure one of the Clemson architect graduates would be able to come up with a creative way of leaving the hill while still adding additional seating to the East end of the stadium.

May 4, 2017, 3:52 PM [ in reply to "Uncle Trouble, look at it. Isn't it bootifill?" ]

Thank you for reminding me about this bootifill story. It was even better the second time around.

I all ways want to see Clemson grow and expand. But that there hill is sacard ground amoung the hills that my home away from home resides. I can't for the life of me see how you can improve it without ruining it.

May 4, 2017, 5:18 PM [ in reply to "Uncle Trouble, look at it. Isn't it bootifill?" ]

Brought tears to my eyes (again)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Williamson Road ... a main campus artery, would have to go

May 4, 2017, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one. ]

You could not develop the East End Zone and keep Williamson Road, not to mention the almost new "Scroll of Honor" memorial.

Campus has become too hard to navigate as it is.

Closing off Williamson Road would be an awful idea. And absolutely do not dare touch the "Scroll of Honor" area!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2017, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one. ]

On this we disagree, which is okay. Everybody has an opinion. I have said since we started the West Zone project that it would take little to bowl the Stadium, of course preserving The Hill which is a trademark of Clemson Football, but it certainly could be done, relatively inexpensively and it would look just great and give us one of the largest stadiums in the South (upwards of 100,000, IMO). I expect Death Valley and Deaf Valley would all be right there in Clemson, if that happened. As fo the view, the view that direction never has been the best, unless you wanted to look at the "Tin Cans" and a smoke stack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2017, 9:03 AM

The Tin Cans are almost gone and what's left will be gone shortly.

The smoke stacks are also short-lived along with The Clemson House - if you don't like that view either.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 5, 2017, 7:43 PM

I don't mind The Clemson House, but the Tin Cans and the Smoke Stack were definite eye sores. Now, some will argue for and against "Bowling In" the stadium, and I'm sure there are good and bad arg-uments for both, but closing the stadium and making an upper deck over the The Hill, and adding those additional seats is a great thing, and it probably will happen some day. There is no reason to believe it can't be done and made to fit in great with our tradition and move us further into the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DV was built in the ravine that was once Clemson's dump, and

May 4, 2017, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one. ]

the area behind the east end zone was definitely the "back yard" for the campus.

Still, the scenery from that direction is gradually changing and it's mostly for the better.

May 4, 2017, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one. ]

Every Freshman deserves the "Hill" experience ... don't take that away!!

May 5, 2017, 7:37 PM

Never was it in any plans to eliminate The Hill, nor did Dabo mention that thought.

We need to improve the view of campus

May 4, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one. ]

That decrepit power plant, Johnstone, and facilities building aren't much to look at. Hopefully we can tear those down and replace with something a little nicer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet I like looking at them

May 4, 2017, 3:07 PM

Just voicing my opinion.

I don't plan to give any money to keep it the way it is and I'm not going to stop giving what I give to keep the program going. What happens is what will happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree..***

May 4, 2017, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Really...

May 4, 2017, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Sorry, Dabo, can't agree with you on this one. ]

whos sitting at a game staring at the campus. If you wanna do that, get up and walk out there
and look at the campus all you want.

Before somebody says it, you don't have to get rid of

May 3, 2017, 10:03 PM

the Hill to have an east endzone project. I'd like to see some type of premium seating area above the hill similar to the WEZ, but with a party deck on top that overlooks the hill.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

But you lose the view of campus.

May 3, 2017, 10:05 PM

Why look like every other stadium in the country.

The view looking down the hill from Tillman/Calhoun Mansion areas makes Memorial Stadium very different from all other comparably sized stadiums in the country.

Why lose that for more luxury seating that we don't need.

Even at the South Carolina game this year there were lots of empty seats.

Maybe the plans will be original?*****

May 3, 2017, 10:09 PM

Re: But you lose the view of campus.

May 3, 2017, 11:23 PM [ in reply to But you lose the view of campus. ]

They might have been empty, but they were sold.

The view you speak of is a year round attraction.

May 3, 2017, 11:55 PM [ in reply to But you lose the view of campus. ]

"The Valley" from that viewpoint is mesmerizing to children, visitors the first time and the 1000th time you gaze down. To quote Dabo and Deshaun "Lets be special".

You talking about the view FROM campus or OF campus?

May 4, 2017, 10:03 AM [ in reply to But you lose the view of campus. ]

For most folks in the lower deck the view from their seats towards campus is the back side of the energy plant. Not the best by any means. A bowl that is no higher than the current lower decks wouldn't really change that view.

The view FROM campus into the stadium would be messed up though.

View toward campus...south side good. north side, meh

View FROM campus...amazing

Re: Before somebody says it, you don't have to get rid of

May 3, 2017, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Before somebody says it, you don't have to get rid of ]

It will happen. The Dabo towers. One student oriented with a party deck and beer station with tv screens and another more family oriented. Just my guess. Extend out a bit over the street with walkway that lands up the hill towards the dorms west of Calhoun house.

We would lose one of the most unique and special views that

May 3, 2017, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Before somebody says it, you don't have to get rid of ]

exists in college football. Adamantly opposed to this thought!

Re: We would lose one of the most unique and special views that

May 4, 2017, 7:47 AM

I am also strongly opposed to ruining one of the loveliest football stadiums in the country by removing the Hill.

Re: We would lose one of the most unique and special views that

May 4, 2017, 8:58 AM

The Hill would stay. It would not need to be removed, at all.

I am with ya on that, but...

May 4, 2017, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Before somebody says it, you don't have to get rid of ]

I wish they would fix parking too

Imagine how loud it would be if we had a sun shade/rain

May 3, 2017, 10:06 PM

Cover for the paper decks like Washington. That along would make the sound incredible then close in the east end nobody would every win a game in Death Valley!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Imagine how loud it would be if we had a sun shade/rain

May 3, 2017, 10:08 PM

Upper decks not paper decks lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Imagine how loud it would be if we had a sun shade/rain

May 3, 2017, 11:42 PM

I think the upper decks in the roach at USUC are made out of paper. They feel about that flimsy.

What's the dining situation problem? Anyone know?

May 3, 2017, 10:13 PM

I am going to bed slightly hungry and this part of the story interests me. Que pasa?

NO to messing with Hill & seats for rich basstards!

May 3, 2017, 10:45 PM

Plus , screww the higher possible decimals & messing up lovely view of double smoke chimneys!

Our capacity is about 90-95% officially "filled" now for each game..and even if it was 100% filled I humbly say let the ticket be even more valuable by keeping seating capacity as is.

More seating means more parking needed, which means more traffic & congestion.

What say you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rich ########? You hate people who have money?

May 4, 2017, 7:15 AM

I am sure that was a joke.

Re: New Story: Enclose Death Valley and make it louder? Swinney wants to see it happen

May 3, 2017, 10:40 PM

Don't mess with the hill! Yes, a few games a year are difficult and expensive to get into but that's part of the experience. I'd rather have a game a year that is hard to get a ticket for than to see even more empty seats on 5 or 6 other home games. Makes no sense on any level to mess up a good thing.

Re: New Story: Enclose Death Valley and make it louder? Swinney wants to see it happen

May 3, 2017, 10:52 PM

Maybe they just need some Cheap Seats / Cajun Cafe updates to the East Zone.

Even better - Completely enclose it with a glass-bottom

May 3, 2017, 10:54 PM

top with seating directly over the field so that fans could watch from directly above! That way we could sell a gazillion tickets. The traffic nightmare that would result from 20,000 additional seats would result in a boon for building more hotels and condos as it would be next to impossible to get out of town the same day, so people would be inclined to stay overnight! IT would be huge for Clemson.

Or we could be respect tradition and be happy with the best place to watch college football as it is for now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

May 3, 2017, 10:54 PM

Leave the East End Zone alone. During those perverbial 3 home games in September, that's the only way a breeze can get into the Statium. We are in lower deck on 45 yard line behind the trainers area and it gets hotter than you know where. What little bit of breeze comes from east end zone. GO TIGERS!!!

May 4, 2017, 6:40 AM

Agreed. I passed out one time due to oppressive stagnant heat. Had to start enjoying from TV land after that.

May 3, 2017, 11:00 PM

I admire his enthusiasm, however that would be pretty hard to make happen with Williamson Road right there. Besides, the last thing Clemson needs is more people to contribute to more traffic after the games

May 3, 2017, 11:22 PM

I think we need to bring Death Valley up to about 105,000.

We could just have people park in Easley I suppose.***

May 4, 2017, 8:56 AM

Re: New Story: Enclose Death Valley - Gotta say no

May 3, 2017, 11:25 PM

Long time lover and supporter of tiger football, but don't mess with configuration of home.

With the NO Vote in early on this East End seating addition thing..

May 3, 2017, 11:32 PM

I think Balm1 or Hartins should represent us & give the negative but positive news to DaBO.

Go TiGERS & a Yes to continuing The Hill Entry without a Roof or Premium Seating or An Overhang on the road!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PLEASE NO_NO_NO !!!!!

May 4, 2017, 1:16 AM

We have thousands of folks watching the game on TV's in the parking areas now*** because ticket prices are getting ""out of budget"" --- the rich folks will buy the ( High $$$$$ box tickets ) but will only show for the "Big Games" --- please don't mess with the East Zone / Hill !!!!

There definitely no" lightbulb" turning on in your.......

May 4, 2017, 8:56 AM [ in reply to With the NO Vote in early on this East End seating addition thing.. ]

head...... LOL! .. I believe I remember a certain coach at Clemson in the early 1900's saying we didn't need a football stadium over 12,000 seats too. I am glad we didn't listen to him too. ;)

Think amenities in the EastZone not a huge seating expansion. I am thinking a Chop House idea like SunTrust Park with maybe an additional 2 to 3 thousand more seats without affecting the hill. I think something along those lines can work very well in Death Valley. Not a knee jerk reaction of saying no. ...Just saying ;)

May 3, 2017, 11:34 PM

Some things you just don't mess with. Keep it as is. Nothing like looking out at the campus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grrreat! Just please leave

May 4, 2017, 12:15 AM

a wide channel for the team to run down the hill. Don't mess with that tradition.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2017, 12:16 AM

No thank you

May 4, 2017, 2:52 AM

Dabo you are a coach, not an architect or planner. Close in the east zone and death valley is just another stadium, whether the hill is intact or not. The precious views into and out of the stadium is THE visual and emotional connection with campus 365, 24/7.
It is loud enough, it is big enough.
No need for a money grab or a statistic grab (big house, rose bowl etc).
No no.no no no
Please

May 4, 2017, 2:56 AM

If there is a need or desire for party decks, fill in at the corners like the pro stadiums do.

Might consider what Texas A&M did....

May 4, 2017, 4:39 AM

I would also hate to see the views of the campus disappear. The existing East zone seating could be added on by maybe 20 feet on each side without disrupting the hill entrance or the view...might add 1K seats or so...

Also at Texas A&M they lowered the field about 10 feet. They had a track around their field so it was fairly easy to add seating at the same slope. This would prob not be possible in Death Valley but the field could be lowered around 5 feet and probably 3-5K seats added...

Is there enough demand? Except for the really big games the stadium is usually not jammed. I'm sure the paid attendance is higher than the actual attendance for a lot of games.

My choice would be to rip out the bleacher seats and put in real seats. That would probably drive the numbers the opposite way though....

Re: Might consider what Texas A&M did....

May 4, 2017, 6:56 AM

Only problem with that is the walls would be too close to the field...

We don't need any more broken necks.

Also, it's already hard enough to keep Coach V. on the field with how much room we have now! ;)

ALL of you close minded people saying no....hold on

May 4, 2017, 7:10 AM

and think for a minute. I have been saying this for years that a East Endzone project can happen WITHOUT affecting the HILL. The Corners there can be expanded..adding maybe 3000 seats. I also envision a " Sky Walk" that will connect both of the corners OVER the hill. Plus getting a longer or larger video screen. A Sky walk or an Observation Deck to stand and watch the game. Maybe like a the Chop House at the old Turner Field. ( I believe the new SunTrust Park has this)

The East Zone is dull ...needing something. I TOTALLY agreed with Dabo. All of you old timers need to expand your thinking. A EastZone project can be a great idea..adding something very cool to Death Valley...without affecting the hill.

Another Oculus!***

May 4, 2017, 7:35 AM

Agree, I think people need to chill until..........

May 4, 2017, 8:10 AM [ in reply to ALL of you close minded people saying no....hold on ]

A. we actually hear of this actually happen

and

B. we see some various renderings/ideas.......I think it'd surprise some people what all could be done to the East Endzone w/o affecting the HILL or the view.

Dabo is getting drunk with power

May 4, 2017, 7:14 AM

That is the worst idea ever. That would kill everything special about dv

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need a dome.***

May 4, 2017, 7:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: We need a dome. one that could be taken on and off

May 4, 2017, 8:59 AM

at will please. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the idea!! We also need a larger/better tv board!

May 4, 2017, 7:57 AM

"Lets be special"!

Re: I love the idea!! We also need a larger/better tv board!

May 4, 2017, 8:09 AM

We are special. Moron

Love the way Dabo thinks. I agree that you should always be

May 4, 2017, 8:31 AM

looking to improve. Nothing is ever to the point that it can't be improved upon. Shows how much he loves his program and Clemson. Some people think when a person is always pointing out shortcomings that they must be a "coot" or must not like Clemson.

May 4, 2017, 8:36 AM

Obviously they wont mess with the hill. My guess is the entrance to the top of the hill would be more of a tunnel than just walking under the scoreboard which certainly has some potential. I know some of us would be really nervous doing anything to the EastZone but you have to keep moving in this game and that is what is next. I am sure they will do it with respect to what people love over there.

I hope when they do it that they add 8,500 more seats to

May 4, 2017, 8:36 AM

bring the capacity to an even 90,000.

Eastzone! If Dabo wants it to happen, it will happen.

Re: I hope when they do it that they add 8,500 more seats to

May 4, 2017, 9:20 AM

Dabo is not God and does not think he is... even if some of you deify him....
He has never walked down the hill from the Calhoun mansion to a game and it may have been a long time since any of you have.... Do it once more before you support this suggestion of Dabo who is just a man, even if one of my favorites .... He makes mistakes and he learns.

I understand exactly what you fear losing, but I think it

May 4, 2017, 11:46 AM

can be done while still preserving that feeling and atmosphere. Also, the front door of the stadium could look really nice. I'm thinking the closing in of that end could be done with the bottom of the facade about 30 feet from the ground, preserving the hill and the view of the inside of the stadium to a person walking up to the structure.

The Devil is in The Details!

May 4, 2017, 8:48 AM

We will never say a flat no to Dabo, but a few things to think about -

Williamson Road is a main artery for every day traffic and important on Game Day - That would need to be planned around or closed - a pedestrian campus.

The Scroll of Honor Memorial Park is in the area - Don't reduce the effect its importance.

You lose more prime parking spaces.

Where does the video screen fit in?

You can get more people in Section GG without seating than with seating.

This potential addition will need more planning than any because of tradition, traffic patterns and sight lines.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 4, 2017, 8:52 AM

WHy not just build a top deck over the WestZone and close the edges in the southwest and northwest corners like they did in the early 2000s, but with the upper deck instead? I purposely take a detour to the stadium so I can walk down Fort Hill St. and look down into the stadium and see it starting to fill up and players warming up. It's a view that is very unique to college football and Clemson specifically.

May 4, 2017, 9:17 AM

There's plenty of room to do some small additions to the corners of the east zone without comprising the view of the campus and hill. Minor additions that would push us to 90,000. I wouldn't go any farther than that. I'd also look at building an awning at the top decks similar to many Euro soccer stadiums.

May 4, 2017, 9:23 AM

finally a good suggestion.... that stadium is hot for those games in September awnings that block some of the sun would be great.

Re: New Story: Leave the Hill alone!

May 4, 2017, 9:15 AM

I like sitting in the stadium and being able see the campus, especially if i parked across the lake or over by the practice fields.

But the biggest reason to leave it is the excitement I feel when walking down Fort Hill from where the Johnstone Hall was when I was on campus and the Calhoun Mansion remains. My excitement starts building soon as I see the stadium and see it filling with people. Any student who does not go to the game that is in a lab or office or dorm room on the the campus can feel the roar of the crowd when Death Valley is rocking.

Leave the HILL as it is!!!!!!

Leave the Hill area alone please.

May 4, 2017, 9:21 AM

We like to see when the busses pull up to the Hill and the players coming running out to touch the Rock. Don't do anything to mess that up IMO.

Go Tigers!!!

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

My $.02

May 4, 2017, 9:49 AM

One of the major points of this headline had to do with making the stadium louder. I've been attending games for many decades, and have done my best to make it louder. (My wife once told me that I was scaring the kid seated beside me...his Dad said keep yelling) Years ago with a far smaller crowd and an open stadium on both ends we were able to back QBs off of the line of scrimmage. Before the WZ was completed we had what most consider to be the loudest moment in CU football history against Miami...and it was LOUD. I, personally, don't think that the stadium is that much louder with the WZ completed. It would make sense that enclosing the ends would make it louder, but has it really? We all like to think that we're louder, or the loudest; but has it really made that much difference?
I think that preserving the Hill is of primary importance, and that the Hill was actually noiser before it was made narrower with the seats in the corners. Any additional seating on the Hill will reduce the volume.
There's my $.02. Go Tigers.

Re: My $.02

May 4, 2017, 9:58 AM
IMAG3958.jpg(60.1 K)

I personally like having an open east end zone. I like to see the campus and trees on that side of the field. Gives death valley a cozy feeling. I saw the LSU and FSU stadiums last week and I'm not a fan of the big enclosed stadium look.

May 4, 2017, 10:04 AM

I'm all for it if done properly.

To the far left and right of the hill (corners) add a few sets of Boxes like the WestZone.
Where the current Video board is, over the Hill...remove it and replace with giant sheets of connected tempered glass (think hockey) so you can still see the valley from the road. At night have a light shine on Howard's rock from hill so it casts a large shadow onto the glass that can be seen like artwork from street side. All this should add a little more seats while greatly increasing noise volume...Plus the Hill and view will still more or less be the same.

I'll see if I can sketch something up for a visual as I'm sure my words/vision will not translate will to some.

We can't consistently Sell Out DV as it is......

May 4, 2017, 10:19 AM

To enclose the East which I am guessing includes an upper deck would add around I am guessing 15-25K seats which would push the stadium to around 100K...That is just too much.

Sure we would sell the big games, but when Wake, Wofford, SC State comes to town it will no look so full.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

This is the real "Elephant in the Room" ...

May 4, 2017, 10:58 AM

The last major expansion was done on the heels of the 1981 title. And it is nice to have those seats for SCAR and FSU and the occasional visit by a blue blood program, but in general, we have trouble filling the upper decks for almost all games not mentioned above.

yes. And if we ever went through some down periods

May 4, 2017, 12:47 PM

The 100,000 stadium would be pretty superfluous

I am reading many of your comments.... Think amenities

May 4, 2017, 11:35 AM

people Not a huge seating expansion. I get it not wanting the view of the campus block from the stadium but the EastZone is dull. Think something along the lines like a Chop House is to SunTrust Park.. Sure add maybe a couple more thousand seats to the corners but enhance the stadium experience with amenities. Closing the East Endzone is with a huge seating expansion is NOT a good idea ( I totally get it) but adding an observation deck or a sky walk from corner to corner and perhaps a longer video screen would be very cool but dont have a knee jerk reaction of saying no right off the bat.
I believe Coach Neely in the early 1900's said we only need a stadium that seats only about 12000. I glad Clemson didnt listen to him too either. :)

My vision of it would be

May 4, 2017, 12:14 PM

a closing in with the facade being an awesome front door to the stadium. Make the bottom of the facade still about 3 feet off the ground. This preserves the view of the inside of the stadium while coming down the hill from Calhoun mansion and also the stadium hill for the team to run down. As far as being able to see the campus from the open end of the stadium, first a couple of points to make. That view could be awesome, but as it is now, it is not awesome. The p-plant ruins that view. I like the view of the dorm on the southeast corner, but the northeast corner is mostly p-plant smokestack. A couple of row tall spruce pines in front of the p-plant building has been needed there for years. It would at least hide the shabby building itself. But back to the original topic. A closed in eastzone would not block the camera, or stadium seating view of the campus. It would not be high enough to block that whole panarama. I mean the Westzone didn't block the view of the lake and Littlejohn and that ground is lower than the westzone. The campus is much higher than the eastzone.

HAIL no

May 4, 2017, 12:07 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

"Gentrification" in all of its glory

May 4, 2017, 12:40 PM

I am sure that the Hill will be preserved, but wonder how small they are willing to make it over time.

Gentrification happens and it's sort of happening here. It is often greeted with skepticism but usually happens anyway. Best to fight to preserve the Hill as much as possible because this is likely going to happen anyway.

May 4, 2017, 12:55 PM

May 4, 2017, 6:18 PM

This is the picture I kept thinking about when reading all the noooo birds. If the no birds in the past had their way we would be lucky to be able to compete with the PC's and Wofford's of today.

Get some Architect Drawings of Proposed Addition first.

May 4, 2017, 1:09 PM

It might be the best thing to happen. I do not know. I do not think the Hill tradition will ever change and it will be incorporated into any Plans for the Future. That's my 1.5 cents worth!

Nope!

May 4, 2017, 2:57 PM

Why Eff with something that is universally recognized like the hill? Clemson should always be Clemson and unique, not another cookie-cutter stadium!

Photoshop artists - create some mock ups

May 4, 2017, 3:03 PM

I recognize change is the constant. So let's see some ideas.

I could easily see rounding out each side of the East Side. Never joining the upper decks over the score board and the Hill... but moving close to that area.

Imagine the "narrow" passage way that the Tigers emerge from. The players will be hyped, looking up to the decks of fans above.. fans going crazy above them and all around them.. filling the stadium.

Plus what a view from that side, higher up, seeing the whole stadium and the lake in the distance.

Create a "valley" for Dealth Valle yas you enclose Death Valley.
A gateway for the Tigers to emerge from.

100,000 fans roaring as the Tigers rub the rock and storm down the hill.

Now that would be an amazing sight to see.

Honestly....

May 4, 2017, 5:03 PM

I've been saying that for 20 years, and I suppose some other people have too.
But when you have the POWER to make it happen, you look like a genuis.
But!
Before re-doing the E-endzone...I would like to see the parking situation fixed.

What are your thoughts on a parking garage somewhere?

May 4, 2017, 6:27 PM

I think it is past time to get one built to ease parking on campus. Maybe near the Brooks Center?

May 4, 2017, 7:15 PM

YES YES YES more $$$$$$$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 4, 2017, 7:19 PM

YES YES YES more $$$$$$$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please !!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 4, 2017, 7:42 PM

Need to get this going now!!!!!!!

I'm 65 and I hope I NEVER see it....and I hope

May 4, 2017, 9:58 PM

To live many more QUALITY years...GO TIGERS!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me and you both brother .. and I have you by

May 5, 2017, 8:57 PM

3 years. Clemson and Clover ... over and over. And a ride home in a 442.

Replies: 97
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic