Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: ESPN's Rece Davis talks rain, Clemson and Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

New Story: ESPN's Rece Davis talks rain, Clemson and Notre Dame

Oct 2, 2015, 2:33 PM

ESPN's Rece Davis talks rain, Clemson and Notre Dame

ESPN College GameDay host Rece Davis threw out a challenge to Clemson fans Friday morning while also taking the time to break down his keys for Saturday’s matchup between No. 6 Notre Dame and No. 12 Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he's worried about the turnout for Gameday

Oct 2, 2015, 2:44 PM

Not to worry Rece, Clemson fans will be there no matter how bad the weather is.

Re: New Story: ESPN's Rece Davis talks rain, Clemson and Notre Dame

Oct 2, 2015, 2:54 PM

If the latest forecasts are accurate, it may be wise to postpone this game. I have a feeling ABC will have their way & the game will be played Saturday night.

Oct 2, 2015, 3:02 PM

I don't think Clemson is saying that everyone doesn't RESPECT Clemson-the issue is that NOTRE DAME doesn't RESPECT Clemson thinking they are just gonna waltz right into the Valley and have their way Saturday night!
And WHY would they think that-their defense didn't look great against UMASS or UVA and their OFFENSE has not played a defense of Clemson's ABILITY YET!

I don't think that...

Oct 2, 2015, 3:15 PM

Maybe some Notre Dame fans do, but I don't. I'm sure some Clemson fans think that Notre Dame doesn't stand a chance either. Truth is, neither team is getting the respect it deserves this year...yet. This game will probably change that, and maybe for both teams. Let both teams play their best and let nobody get hurt.

It's like Southern Cal

Oct 2, 2015, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: ESPN's Rece Davis talks rain, Clemson and Notre Dame ]

If Southern Cal was 3-0 and ranked number 6 and coming to Clemson, the talking heads would be saying this SoCal guy is the best in the country and that guy is the best, and yadda, yadda. Notre Dame is certainly a good team, but they are not better than Clemson. I'm expecting Clemson to win in a tight one.

Oct 2, 2015, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: ESPN's Rece Davis talks rain, Clemson and Notre Dame ]

@ash4trek: AMEN!! That was my exact thought and understanding of the article. ND has a decent D but nothing that will be able to stop CU if they couldnt stop UMASS & VA.

Whitfield's interview is most objective, thoughtful one yet!***

Oct 2, 2015, 5:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football Power Index?

Oct 2, 2015, 6:40 PM

Here's the factors but nobody knows the formula used.

1. The previous year’s performance

A. “OFFENSE: Offensive efficiency in terms of offense’s contribution to scoring margin on all its plays, adjusted for strength of opposing defenses* faced.

B. DEFENSE: Defensive efficiency in terms of defense’s contribution to scoring margin on all its plays, adjusted for strength of opposing offenses* faced.

C. SPECIAL TEAMS: Special teams efficiency in terms of special teams’ contribution to scoring margin on all its plays, adjusted for strength of opposing special teams* faced.

D. OVERALL: Overall net efficiency, summing up adjusted offensive, defensive, and special teams efficiencies; a measure of scoring margin per game, adjusted for schedule*.”

2. Returning starters, Starting QB return counts most

3. Coach changes, positive if last year was poor, negative if prior year was good
Recruiting rankings
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an example of the FPI's use and bearing on our preseason poll.

You tell me if it has value.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rece Davis is a

Oct 2, 2015, 6:41 PM

Huge upgrade over Chris Fowler.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

I didn't read this article

Oct 3, 2015, 2:52 AM

Yes. I troll. I don't care about some SECPN rep. Yabba Dabba Doo

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic