Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: ESPN analyst breaks down Watson-Mayfield, says Swinney's Tigers are "elite"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: ESPN analyst breaks down Watson-Mayfield, says Swinney's Tigers are "elite"

Dec 22, 2015, 1:23 PM

ESPN analyst breaks down Watson-Mayfield, says Swinney's Tigers are "elite"

Todd Blackledge won a national championship with Penn St. in 1982, and he knows a little bit about what kind of quarterback it takes to win a title. He thinks Clemson and Oklahoma both have that kind of quarterback. Photo by Andrew Weber / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very cool. Nice refreshing perspective

Dec 22, 2015, 1:36 PM

Go tigers

Dabo is absolutely more of an X and O guy than most think***

Dec 22, 2015, 1:38 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I think we've gotten to the point that the Coots are the

Dec 22, 2015, 1:55 PM

only people who continue to perpetuate that narrative.

You can't argue that a guy who's won 75% of his games, 55 games in the last 5 years, 2 conference titles, held a #1 ranking, and has wins over Frank Beamer, Paul Johnson, Les Miles, Steve Spurrier, Mark Richt, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Jimbo Fisher, etc., doesn't know what he's doing unless you have an agenda.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we've gotten to the point that the Coots are the

Dec 22, 2015, 6:54 PM

They do have an agenda, and it isn't based in reality. Tigers have arrived, and I am glad I was along for the ride!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes , we know and that's why

Dec 22, 2015, 1:40 PM

Neither one of us are playing bama in the first round.
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes , we know and that's why

Dec 22, 2015, 6:58 PM

It would be fine with me to play "Bama" in the first game. They didn't look that great last year in the semi final game, and I think we have an answer for them this year, too. The HUNH offense we run gives their big ol' boys trouble. I hope we put our foot on the accelerator and don't take it off until the game is over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes , we know and that's why

Dec 23, 2015, 1:26 AM

Put our foot on the accelerator and don't let up until after the SECOND game, the national championship.

Todd Blackledge is near the top of the ESPN analysts***

Dec 22, 2015, 1:43 PM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Todd Blackledge is near the top of the ESPN analysts***

Dec 22, 2015, 1:58 PM

The "football guys" are beginning to get Clemson out!!

Dec 22, 2015, 1:59 PM

Are beginning to get Clemson figured out!

Dec 22, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Todd Blackledge is near the top of the ESPN analysts*** ]

I think he is the only one I have heard actually admit that OU played all back up quarterbacks in those last 3 games. All the others just seem to gloss over that fact as they push their agenda!

Dec 22, 2015, 6:59 PM

Dittos! So well pointed out!

Like ToDD a lot..helped us win '81 NC by taking out #1 Pitt !

Dec 22, 2015, 1:58 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like ToDD a lot..helped us win '81 NC by taking out #1 Pitt !

Dec 22, 2015, 5:13 PM

I've always had a soft spot for him in my heart for that win over Pitt.

Go, Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: ESPN analyst breaks down Watson-Mayfield, says Swinney's Tigers are "elite"

Dec 22, 2015, 1:59 PM

I'm pleased to read some positive talk about our Tigers from a guy that's going to be doing our game. I'm glad I got to read this for myself.

It's becoming painfully obvious during the "talking season"

Dec 22, 2015, 2:01 PM

leading up to the playoffs these last couple of weeks, that most of these "experts" have only watched Clemson play ND, UNC, and maybe FSU.

Kudos to Blackledge for trying to do his homework but I've been surprised that, for a wire-to-wire #1 team, I still hear people on the radio and read stories online from sportswriters who don't know what they're talking about.

Herbie is the only one on ESPN I know has seen us play because he's called several of our games.

Re: It's becoming painfully obvious during the "talking season"

Dec 22, 2015, 7:03 PM

They just assume that, because we are Clemson and in the lowly ACC we are a "paper Tiger". They couldn't be more wrong. It seems like they eventually would get it. Let's hope!

Re: New Story: ESPN analyst breaks down Watson-Mayfield, says Swinney's Tigers are "elite"

Dec 22, 2015, 2:28 PM

Geez who does he work for? Finally a fair assessment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 7:03 PM

So well said! Spot on!!!!!

Dec 22, 2015, 8:34 PM

Can't help but think they are covering tracts in case we run it out in a big way. They would like to be able to refer to when they said so. Shaking in their ESPN boots

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot to mention OU

Dec 22, 2015, 2:50 PM

has not faced Gallman, or a D remotely close to ours.

Re: Forgot to mention OU

Dec 22, 2015, 7:05 PM

We are not a 1 horse show, and our defense, with a little breather between games, is better than anything OU has even thought about facing this year, just like last year.

Re: Forgot to mention OU

Dec 22, 2015, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Forgot to mention OU ]

> has not faced Gallman, or a D remotely close to ours.

^^^^^^^^^ I strongly agree with this

Did anyone expect him to say Clemson is a lock?

Dec 22, 2015, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Forgot to mention OU ]

He didn't mention a lot because he's an ESPiN shill and sells eyes on the TV and advertising to marketers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@OudadCUgrad...hope you are reading this...

Dec 22, 2015, 6:28 PM

"“If Trevone Boykin would have been healthy, I would have said TCU more than anybody else. The interesting thing to me is Oklahoma defensively has played at a much higher level than last year,” he said. “That to me is the biggest difference in their team, particularly in their pass defense. But the reality is in their key wins down the stretch against Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma State, they didn’t face the top quarterback in those offenses. This will be a different challenge because they haven’t played a guy as good as Deshaun Watson at that position."

Re: @OudadCUgrad...hope you are reading this...

Dec 22, 2015, 7:06 PM

Just like last year, I'd bet they are looking past this game. Good! I think they, once again, will be very surprised.

WOW!

Dec 22, 2015, 6:52 PM

What a great summary and what great comments about Dabo, our team and about what Dabo and his staff have built. Also, great accolades to OU. They are a formidable opponent who have come a long way since last year's beat down. They will be ready. SO WILL WE! Tigers win it in fine fashion, and then it's on to NC business. Is this fun, or what?!!!

Once again, failure to talk specific matchups. We already..

Dec 22, 2015, 8:16 PM

We already know that both teams have a good QB, some skill talent, and defenses that are pretty good, but HOW DOES OUR O MATCH UP AGAINST THEIR D? HOW DOES THEIR O MATCH UP AGAINST OURS? Talk Xs and Os FFS. My god.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Todd Blackledge needs another

Dec 22, 2015, 9:06 PM

trip to Mac's for a plate of smothered HB. Remember how he loved it the first time he was there???

He's hyping the game.

Dec 22, 2015, 10:24 PM

ESPiN is full of chit as a Christmas turkey, we'll kill OU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic