Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: ESPN analyst breaks down Clemson/UNC, Watson's Heisman chances
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: ESPN analyst breaks down Clemson/UNC, Watson's Heisman chances

Dec 4, 2015, 12:56 PM

ESPN analyst breaks down Clemson/UNC, Watson's Heisman chances

Saturday’s ACC Championship Game will be all about efficiency, and ESPN College Football analyst Robert Smith thinks North Carolina will have to play its best game of the season if they want to upset No. 1 Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: ESPN analyst breaks down Clemson/UNC, Watson's Heisman chances

Dec 4, 2015, 1:15 PM

I think Clemson controls their own fate. If Clemson plays their best game of the season it won't matter how UNC plays. If Clemson turns if over like they did the last several weeks this will be a tough game to win.

Dec 4, 2015, 1:45 PM

Completely agree. This Carolina is better than the one Clemson played last week. Three turnovers could really hurt. The Tigers need to force some themselves. But I do think Clemson will win if they play their normal game. And though the Heels' defense has improved, they have not faced anybody like Clemson this year. Deshaun better then Marquis. And I think Clemson's D is better. Carolina better by far in the return game. Also, Clemson's coaches a bit more experienced in playing in big games.

Robert Smith

Dec 4, 2015, 1:54 PM

Well stated opinion by one of the great Viking running backs. Robert has been on the Clemson train for a while and he picked us to win the national championship. So there's that.

If I was a conspiracy guy, I would deduce from his non

Dec 4, 2015, 1:55 PM

answer about this year and his harping on next year, that they already know who the Heisman is...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I was a conspiracy guy, I would deduce from his non

Dec 4, 2015, 2:19 PM

ESecPN has already given the award to D. Henry..didn't you see the announcement on it a couple of days ago. Ceremony was moved from NY to Connecticut and they just handed it straight over to him and the NC trophy to Saban. Wraps up everything very nice right at the end of the season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2015, 2:01 PM

All the ESPN "noise" has 63% of the Nation betting on UNC to win straight up! Love it!

ESPN-Video- Clemson/UNC

Dec 4, 2015, 2:06 PM

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14289556

It has been my observation that...

Dec 4, 2015, 2:04 PM

Coaches who are seeking other employment or just seeking raises are the only ones who get mentioned in the coaching searches. IMO, those who refuse to apply and turn down those schools interested in them are the ones left out of the news.

I'll admit that I've never been in coaching at this level but I'll bet no other tnetters have either. Mine is just a guess but it seems more reasonable and accurate than just speculating that because BV hasn't been on anyone list then no one wants him.

I made these same statements when Chad was being courted by other schools and folks took jabs at Dabo. It was common to read here on Tnet that nobody wanted Dabo because he never showed up on anyone's short list. Dabo stated just this week that he had been contacted more than once.

That makes so much more sense to me than someone saying 'Nobody thinks the #1 defensive coach in the country will make a good head coach.' I believe that BV has turned several coach seekers away this season. Perhaps a few last year too.

"Use your head for something besides a hatrack."-CT88's grandmother

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The more than likely answer

Dec 4, 2015, 4:18 PM

I'm sure there are programs out there looking at BV as a possible headcoach. But, the way the rules are set-up, the inquiring party MUST be granted permission by the HC, to speak with an assistant. I'm sure it's been talked about among the current Clemson staff. If I had to guess, I'd say that BV and Dabo have already discussed it in detail and BV has said something to the effect of "he's not interested, ha e a nice day". I'd venture to say that BV has a very short list that he would consider.

I've seen or read a couple of interviews with BV and he has expressed that as of now, he's staying put. I have also been told that by someone with ties. He is happy right where he is at right now. Another thing to look at is the fact that his son is a 2018 LB prospect at Daniel HS. He already has a Clemson offer and a few more. I think he wants to stay put for the time being and maybe get his son on campus in 2018. I'm sure they've discussed his future and probably a desire to play under his Pop in college. What LB wouldn't? He knows Pops is a great coach and has put more than a handful of of defensive players in the NFL. So, to sum it up...I think BV is here to stay for a while.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting the running game going and controlling the clock??

Dec 4, 2015, 3:14 PM

That's what the team with the inferior offense must do. I think UNC is getting way too much hype. I agree establishing the run is a good idea as their run D isn't very good. But if this turns into a shootout, Clemson has the better offense and will win the game. Forget the fits and starts against the Coots last week. Clemson will win this game comfortably.

We must have 200 yards rushing ... that's almost imperative.

Dec 4, 2015, 4:33 PM

I know we will get our 200 yards passing without even breaking a sweat.

Tigers getting 200/200 = "Never Lost a Game in Clemson Football History"

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2015, 3:53 PM

Let me help Mr. Ex-Ohio State running back Smith.

Clemson, last two game, 6 turnovers. UNCheat, last two games 6 turnovers. Wash.

Additionally, the number 107 sticks in my mind -- UNCheats ranking in run defense, 200+ a game given up.

Strength of Schedule anyone? I know they are in the 60's.

Good offense for them? Yeah. ONE defense they have played ranked in the top 25, and that was Pitt at 23 I think.

When the dusts has settled and we walk out of there with another double digit win, I cant wait to hear all the UNCheat cheerleaders from the last week.

We have more to lose than the cheats. We will WANT it more tomorrow night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on ! ^^^^***

Dec 4, 2015, 4:35 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fencebusters. That was a walk off, sir!***

Dec 5, 2015, 1:56 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: ESPN analyst breaks down Clemson/UNC, Watson's Heisman chances ]

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic