Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Details on Brent Venables' contract extension emerge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Story: Details on Brent Venables' contract extension emerge

Jan 15, 2015, 2:50 PM

Details on Brent Venables' contract extension emerge

TigerNet received a copy of defensive coordinator Brent Venables’ contract Thursday after filing a Freedom of Information Act request with Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Details on Brent Venables' contract extension emerge

Jan 15, 2015, 3:13 PM

I'm happy for coach.
I don't like performance bonuses. Isn't that why he gets paid the BIG BUCKS!
Bonuses for 7/8 win seasons etc.(ridiculous).
Shouldn't he have to give some back for 6 wins,etc.

Jan 15, 2015, 3:33 PM

Good point, but those performance bonuses are just a fraction of his actual salary. I'd replace the 7/8 win season to being ranked in the final poll. It's a carrot, but not a very big one to monetarily incentivize the goals. Those amounts are also a drop in the bucket from what Clemson earnest for any of those outcomes. Good deal for the Tigers!

Um, no. He gets paid the big bucks so no one will hire him

Jan 15, 2015, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Details on Brent Venables' contract extension emerge ]

away. He gets paid extra to win at a high level and avoid getting fired. Welcome to college football...where have you been?

Dang, remind me not to get a story on me

Jan 15, 2015, 3:21 PM

You might find a picture of me struggling to get out the corn I ate yesterday.

*LOL* funny.***

Jan 15, 2015, 3:34 PM

IMO

Jan 15, 2015, 3:25 PM

It's a bargain basement price!
Go Tigers!!

Jan 15, 2015, 3:31 PM

Great throw the bank at him! The 2014 D was a pure joy to watch. Just like the good old days.

Jan 15, 2015, 10:48 PM

Totally agree. Aside the ugay game, when we couldn't make our minds up to say that DW was really the guy, even though he were a Frosh. and hadn't "paid his dues", the Defense was a shining star. This was a Defense that quality programs want to be like. I am proud we recognized that and were willing to pony up the cash that should have been associated with it. BV will move on to be a HC one day, probably soon. When he does, I want the next best up and comer to want our job. It's good business, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how Clemson feels about Tigernet and requesting

Jan 15, 2015, 3:32 PM

certain info. I know about the act, but I wouldn't want everyone lobbying to know every cent
I earned. It's Coach V, and he works hard for his money. Give the guy a break. *L* Geez.

Also have often wondered how many clicks and eyeball independent sites take away from
the athletic department pages. Losing some $$ there?

With your first point, does is really matter? That info is

Jan 15, 2015, 4:11 PM

available for 95-98% of universities across the country. Only private institutions don't release it. Pretty sure Clemson is used to it by now.

For your second point, I agree...indepenent sites (including T-Net) do cost the university $$$, and that probably does get to them, especially when some of those sites have hack reporters that sometimes publish stuff that is anti-Clemson.

Of course, sometimes you need some checks and balances (anti-Clemson) to keep them in check, but a lot of times it is out of hand and uncalled for. There's no one to keep the independent sites in check.

If Clemson wanted to stop it, they could easily publish their own content that people would support. Clearly it's not the business they want to get into.

Re: I wonder how Clemson feels about Tigernet and requesting

Jan 15, 2015, 10:49 PM [ in reply to I wonder how Clemson feels about Tigernet and requesting ]

Well, I get your point, but Clemson is a public institution, and the disclosure is the law. All our coaches, staff and College President know that. The disclosure comes with the territory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't want your salary disclosed,

Jan 16, 2015, 8:02 AM [ in reply to I wonder how Clemson feels about Tigernet and requesting ]

Don't work for a public entity. Easy as that.

I never understand the buyout logic, BV can terminate the

Jan 15, 2015, 3:34 PM

contract and only cost him 25%, yet if Clemson (for some reason) wants to terminate, it costs the AD 100%.

Dabo's contract is the same BS way. He gets a MASSIVE buyout if the university terminates it, yet he can walk away and go somewhere else for next to nothing.

D-Rad cannot negotiate contracts worth a flip.

Re: I never understand the buyout logic, BV can terminate the

Jan 15, 2015, 3:38 PM

To sign Coach V up for 4 more years is all that matters. The Coots need to find them somebody that can Coach D

Jan 15, 2015, 3:41 PM

Incentives placentas, he should be coaching for his salary, which is pretty good now. The staff is going to try and win every game, incentives or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm, your comment had nothing to do with the statement I

Jan 15, 2015, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I never understand the buyout logic, BV can terminate the ]

made...as per usual on Tardnet, all you can do is call someone a coot if they even ask a serious question.

Re: Hmm, your comment had nothing to do with the statement I

Jan 15, 2015, 3:44 PM

Where did I call you a Coot, I just stated a fact?

Re: Hmm, your comment had nothing to do with the statement I

Jan 15, 2015, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Hmm, your comment had nothing to do with the statement I ]

Tardnet? So, youre not a coot????? Pretty obvious there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2015, 7:29 PM [ in reply to I never understand the buyout logic, BV can terminate the ]

I don't know squat about all the language in these contracts, and that is why I guess, it sounds like a first year contract lawyer put that one together LOL;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2015, 10:53 PM [ in reply to I never understand the buyout logic, BV can terminate the ]

You are right about Drad. I had rather make the contract a little bigger, but put more of a burden on the coach to have to pony up equal $$$ if he left for a non-HC job somewhere. JMHO, but we are the ones who stand to lose the most. DRad is no negotiator, IMO.

Jan 16, 2015, 6:09 AM [ in reply to I never understand the buyout logic, BV can terminate the ]

AllTimeClemson, nothing personal big guy, but Mercedes cost more than Yugos and we have Mercedes' for most of our coaching positions with the rest working toward Mercedes class. To me continuity is extremely important in our coaches and when we lose one, hopefully it is because he becomes a HC somewhere else, leaving with phenomenal feelings about Clemson as a place to work. It pays dividends.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank God they are covering taxes on the car

Jan 15, 2015, 3:45 PM

That could be hundreds of dollars a year! He's only making a little over $3000 a day 365 days a year!

Re: Thank God they are covering taxes on the car

Jan 15, 2015, 5:26 PM

haha!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 15, 2015, 4:24 PM

I love it. Pay the man. Pay him more if we perform at a high level. I noticed that the. I tract is retroactive to Dec 15. Does that mean he gets the $20k for winning the bowl game and more than 8 wins?

Not begrudging it, just curious.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

contract

Jan 15, 2015, 4:25 PM

Dayum autocorrect

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

yeah.....but what did the "get back guy" get.***

Jan 15, 2015, 5:20 PM

Re: yeah.....but what did the "get back guy" get.***

Jan 15, 2015, 7:36 PM

That price tag should be tagged to BV. He is the one that is running uncontrollably out on the field. So he should be the one paying someone to real him back in....;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they must be expecting playoff expansion

Jan 15, 2015, 7:50 PM

Because they covered playoff game that is not semifinal...

Re: they must be expecting playoff expansion

Jan 15, 2015, 9:53 PM

I noticed the same thing. I'm sure there is an expectation at the highest level that the playoff will expand soon. Since BV will be here for several years, they're just covering all the bases.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2015, 8:42 AM

I sure do miss Kevin Steele.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2015, 9:34 AM

*$40,000 if the team plays in a College Football Playoff game that is not the semifinal game of the College Football Playoff

Sayyyy. . .playoff expansion coming down the pike?

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic