Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Defensive Tackle: How the loss of Belk affects the TIgers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Defensive Tackle: How the loss of Belk affects the TIgers

May 17, 2018, 8:34 AM

Defensive Tackle: How the loss of Belk affects the TIgers

Clemson’s rotation at defensive tackle is a little thinner after the news broke Wednesday that freshman defensive tackle Josh Belk was leaving the program.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been hearing good things about a prospect named J.C. Penney.....

May 17, 2018, 9:21 AM

since we lost Belk.
Any news there?

Re: Been hearing good things about a prospect named J.C. Penney.....

May 17, 2018, 9:40 AM

Their stock has risen as of late but not significantly***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about Dillards?

May 17, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Been hearing good things about a prospect named J.C. Penney..... ]

https://247sports.com/player/maurquel-dillard-46046865

185 lb DT is a bit small***

May 17, 2018, 10:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about Dillards?

May 20, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to How about Dillards? ]

No! He has too much baggage!

I've read recently about prospects such as Kohls and Sears***

May 17, 2018, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Been hearing good things about a prospect named J.C. Penney..... ]

Thoughts on the depth chart and snaps

May 17, 2018, 9:40 AM

You know who I feel for the most? Albert Huggins. He is a 4th year Senior with Wilkins and Lawrence as 1st rounders gobbling up 1st team snaps. In hindsight, a first year red-shirt would have bought us a year and given him a year to produce (2019 as RS Sr) without those two on the roster. I would think it Would give a better $draft though a year later... But, hindsight is 20-20. I think he will still have some good film with as much as we rotate at DT. We are all pulling for the big fella.

Plus, there will be urgency to get Williams and Jeffries more snaps this year in prep for next.

In reassurance, I took a look at Tayquon Johnson's film and feel good about him coming in ready for 2019.

Still, Belk looked like a stud. I wish him the best for him and his family.

Re: Thoughts on the depth chart and snaps

May 17, 2018, 10:19 AM

Classy move by Dabo letting him transfer anywhere he wants without placing restrictions like most everyone else would have done.

May 18, 2018, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Thoughts on the depth chart and snaps ]

Things really aren't adding up for me if Belk is considering Tennessee... Don't think that's closer to home.

May 18, 2018, 9:19 PM

He'll go to Carolina.

May 18, 2018, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Thoughts on the depth chart and snaps ]

What a great opportunity for him step up! He should, if he can, bring it on!

Re: New Story: Defensive Tackle: How the loss of Belk affects the TIgers

May 17, 2018, 11:04 AM

I hope things work out for him, but hope he doesn’t end up at USuCk

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do Xavier Thomas or Xavier Kelly move to DT for 2019?

May 17, 2018, 11:55 AM

Both are 265ish and could crack 300 by August 2019. Just a thought.

What about Travon Walker??

May 17, 2018, 12:51 PM

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Travon-Walker-97233/RecruitInterests

Shows we are in a 3 way battle with Bama and Georgia on him...5 star DT, #3 DT per 247.

May 17, 2018, 3:36 PM

I get that we need something to talk about in the offseason, but let's focus on the phrase "NEXT MAN UP."

Clemson recruits the guys they do because they can PLAY. If it's not Belk, it will be the next man up. Just give him a chance to shine. We'll be fine, 2018, 2019, and for the next decade. If it's a health issue, my heart goes out to him. If not, then hopefully he doesn't help a competitor become any better.

Soldier on, fellas.

May 17, 2018, 8:53 PM

Agreed.

May 18, 2018, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Defensive Tackle: How the loss of Belk affects the TIgers ]

From what I've heard, Belk was fat and slow, He may not have made it at CU. Hey, I may be dead wrong---just the hearsay. Please update me.

Could they possibly move

May 17, 2018, 11:35 PM

Xavier Thomas inside part time. He's 265-270 right now. His launch off the line is legendary. What he would lack in weight he would more than make up for in speed and explosion. Throw him inside some with Big Dex next to him. Do they double team Dex with the C and guard and leave a G to contend with Thomas and his burst? With Ferrell and Bryant at the ends, teams are going to have to play a TE full time or take the chance with a back blocking. With Venables mastery of unorthodox blitzing, there is just too much to contend with. Most teams have to do this with our front 4 anyway but I think Thomas could be used situationally, inside.

Could they possibly move

Xavier Thomas inside part time. He's 265-270 right now. His launch off the line is legendary. What he would lack in weight he would more than make up for in speed and explosion. Throw him inside some with Big Dex next to him. Do they double team Dex with the C and guard and leave a G to contend with Thomas and his burst? With Ferrell and Bryant at the ends, teams are going to have to play a TE full time or take the chance with a back blocking. With Venables mastery of unorthodox blitzing, there is just too much to contend with. Most teams have to do this with our front 4 anyway but I think Thomas could be used situationally, inside.

Could they possibly move

Could they possibly move

May 17, 2018, 11:36 PM

Re: Could they possibly move

May 18, 2018, 9:08 PM

Are we making any progress recruiting-wise? Why do we appear to have so much difficulty recruiting? Or am I mistaken?

Yes, you are mistaken!!***

May 18, 2018, 9:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

too many variables to conclude, your conclusion is

May 20, 2018, 3:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Could they possibly move ]

most likely based on an emotional response to the Belk transfer

Coot*****

May 20, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Could they possibly move ]

Fishy that lawyer was involved, either coot fan or money i

May 20, 2018, 10:37 AM

involved. Pro bono if Coot or Dawg fan?

Replies: 26