Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Defense rests after contentious afternoon, deliberations to begin Thursday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

New Story: Defense rests after contentious afternoon, deliberations to begin Thursday

Jul 22, 2015, 5:54 PM

Defense rests after contentious afternoon, deliberations to begin Thursday

The defense rested its case following a contentious afternoon during the trial of the man accused of vandalizing Clemson University's Howard's Rock. What did the two defense witnesses say?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks, finally

Jul 22, 2015, 6:00 PM

But you can answer question about hot chicks in the courtroom.

Excellent Tnet coverage - the only one covering the trial. Fantastic coverage.

So basically there was no defense.***

Jul 22, 2015, 6:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So basically there was no defense.***

Jul 22, 2015, 6:31 PM

Looks like a defensive lineman to me.

Re: thanks, finally

Jul 22, 2015, 6:13 PM [ in reply to thanks, finally ]

Geez, you're STILL not done crying?

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Wow, crying over crying

Jul 22, 2015, 7:30 PM

go ahead, blame away. Likely will blame me for your AIDS.

Re: Wow, crying over crying

Jul 22, 2015, 9:52 PM

You got me there, partner. I can only hope that my affliction doesn't lead to me to bore others with incessant, petty message board whining.

If you're confident that all your misguided ranting is the right thing to do, then you should have nothing to worry about.

Well, what was I wrong about?

Jul 22, 2015, 10:20 PM

Taking on morons who claim Tillman was changed for racist reasons by a dipshat who bragged he was a Pennsylvania educated nothing? Stating Swofford is going suck everything out of the ACC? Or, asking what the defense produced after the almighty TNet stated they were "the only Clemson sports network" attending the Roberts' trial? But, can answer what hot chicks were there before answering a legitimate question?

Or, that you can just call out names and have no real relevance to contribute? Whining about whining, you the man!!

who is robert?***

Jul 22, 2015, 10:25 PM

Re: Well, what was I wrong about?

Jul 23, 2015, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Well, what was I wrong about? ]

You really suck at this.

I'm sure you're pretty well schooled

Jul 23, 2015, 3:42 AM

In sucking things. So, how is the AIDS?

Re: New Story: Defense rests after contentious afternoon, deliberations to begin Thursday

Jul 22, 2015, 6:14 PM

I wonder if that was the same box of prilosec he was taking when broke into the rock case before he broke and stole a piece of Howard's rock from Clemson Death Valley. No picture of where he was standing proves nothing. The time frame given in evidence is only a proximate time, and not the exact minutes and seconds he was crushing the protective case. If that's all they have to prove the Rock wasn't damaged or stolen by them when they were there, he is up chits creek without a stick, much less a paddle. The paddle was most likely under 3 ft of concrete where the punk put it to keep his mom and from teaching him right from wrong!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense: So I have this photo placing my client

Jul 22, 2015, 6:20 PM

At the scene of the crime within a 10 minute window of when the incident took place during a relatively slow time of day. We can't lose now!

Re: Defense: So I have this photo placing my client

Jul 22, 2015, 7:52 PM

My thoughts exactly. Look, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but all I got from that was Mom's detective work proved her son was at the scene of the crime +/- 5 minutes.

My thoughts exactly! What Moran defense attorney

Jul 22, 2015, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Defense: So I have this photo placing my client ]

Thought up that bright idea... Glad they were stupid enough to put it in though.

So his defense is that he throws up a lot and has stomach

issues. Thanks Mom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So his defense is that he throws up a lot and has stomach

Jul 22, 2015, 6:23 PM

Unbelievable he didn't take a plea instead of this terrible defense case.

A box of Prilosec as evidence.....wow

Jul 22, 2015, 6:21 PM

This case is over...lol

his stomach issues are so bad that he bought

Jul 22, 2015, 7:41 PM

some prilosec to bring to court. Certainly nobody with that bad of a stomach could smash a rock. Plus he took a picture 5 mins after the supposed rock breaking...but the key is that it would have taken 6-7 minutes to get to the new picture location.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe the jury didn't interrupt...

Jul 23, 2015, 10:27 AM

right then and declare not-guilty

That would be the absolute easiest thing to forge.

Jul 22, 2015, 6:23 PM

Can even do it retroactively, find the real original photo that was taken at the right time, change the time on your phone (easy setting to turn it off of auto), then take a screenshot of the photo, delete original photo, change time back to auto.

And that's how you can easily do it on your phone.

Even easier to doctor on a computer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Better stick to your day job

Jul 22, 2015, 6:33 PM

The "screenshot" would be geotagged, and at a much lower resolution. You can tell the difference between screenshot captures on a phone and a real photo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Electrical Engineer, okay.

Jul 22, 2015, 6:47 PM

Depends on the phone for screenshot size, and if you had geotag enabled or not. You can't tell a difference except for the resolution. Again, it's all very easily forgeable and proves absolutely nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Forensic Computer Analyst

Jul 22, 2015, 9:39 PM

Trust me, you may be able to fool your wife with that trick, but not an investigator. :)

I told you the defense would be hilarious. As for the guys

Jul 22, 2015, 6:27 PM

that were with him, they should have called police when it happened. Are they being charged?

I'm too old now to find myself in a car with the type of friends that could surprise me, but I was prepared when I was in high school and college. At that age, you end up with a lot of different crowds. I used to tell myself that if I were ever in a car and I became aware that the driver or others were bent on going to do a robbery, a break-in, or, God forbid, murder, I would simply stay calm and have a poker face as they headed to their destination. Then, before arriving, when the car got to the next stop sign, red light, or even the first time it slowed to a safe speed, I would jump out, walk or run away and call police. In those days, 1980's, I would have had to have made my way to a phone as there were no cell phones. But I was not going to be in a place where a crime like that was being done by the people I was with. That was just never going to happen.

I cannot understand

Jul 22, 2015, 6:31 PM

how the picture on the phone helps the defendant

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: New Story: Defense rests after contentious afternoon, deliberations to begin Thursday

Jul 22, 2015, 6:44 PM

The circumstantial case is strong. However, he doesn't have to prove he didn't do it. They have to prove he did. I don't believe the jury verdict is a no brainer like most seem to think. Remember OJ Simpson?

except they have no cast any doubt at all

Jul 22, 2015, 7:47 PM

none zero nada. Maybe he should have brought in a bottle of tylenol for proof of bad headaches lol The photo put him at the scene of the crime withing minutes. His lawyer turned him in to begin with. His friend ratted him out and he didn't take the stand to say his friend was lying.

He's toast...He's a wuss, he won't do good in prison.

Yeah i don't understand how the picture was supposed

Jul 23, 2015, 5:59 AM

To prove that he didn't break the rock. If anything, it proved that he is guilty of the crime. This guy is guilty and he knows it. I expect little to no jail time for him but a ton of community service hours.

True Dat! ****

Jul 22, 2015, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Defense rests after contentious afternoon, deliberations to begin Thursday ]

David - A Question...

Jul 22, 2015, 7:31 PM

I am a little baffled based on your explanation....eppes wanted to introduce the photos...eppes then calls the mother to testify and she tells us that the photo was taken 5 minutes after the crime is supposedly committed. What was Eppes' point? This information does not help his defense. Also what was eppes trying to show with regard to the stomach issues?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My best guess on that is to show that he was

Jul 22, 2015, 10:11 PM

Indeed in Clemson, but not damaging Howard's Rock?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The truck of Rogers was seen clearly in the video....

Jul 23, 2015, 1:25 AM [ in reply to David - A Question... ]

And Rogers already admitted to being at the scene of the crime. The photo is supposed to give an explanation of what Rogers claims was doing there...just taking a picture with the Scroll of Honor.

It's obviously a load of bull though. I mean the Scroll of Honor is a great tribute to our Clemson men who have served, but no 18 year old kid goes out of his way to drive to Clemson at nearly midnight just to have his picture taken with the Scroll of Honor.

The stomach issue part was an explanation for why Rogers was so visibly ill during his initial meeting with police. People who are very nervous to the point of being sick during an interrogation usually are hiding something and they're afraid they'll be caught. Someone with nothing to hide would likely be calm and at ease during the conversation.

Re: The truck of Rogers was seen clearly in the video....

Jul 23, 2015, 3:22 AM

What you said. TU.

Bring prilosec to prison...

Jul 22, 2015, 8:52 PM

Once convicted, he'd better bring prilosec to prison due to there are many Carolina grads there waiting to make him their girlfriend. That'll make your stomach turn! Just saying...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky guy is going to get lots of dates in prison

Jul 22, 2015, 9:18 PM

they will love him

Jul 22, 2015, 9:15 PM

Watch him win

Yep... Wouldn't surprise me at all. ****

Jul 22, 2015, 11:48 PM

hey Micah ... When you go to jail, forget the Prilosec, just

bring lube.

It'll be easier on your anoos lining in the long run.

HTH!

Jul 22, 2015, 10:46 PM

Well, there is good news for him. Last I checked, every prison cell has a toilet no more than a few feet away. Vomit away #######

He'll be found not guilty.

Jul 23, 2015, 12:35 AM

The reasonable person would conclude that the witness that testified against Rodgers was the one who climbed the fence while Rodgers went across the street and had his photo taken.

I hate it but I feel like the kid's lawyer just beat the pants off our solicitor's office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He'll be found not guilty.

Jul 23, 2015, 3:16 AM

What are you talking about? Your sarcasm (maybe?) always smells funny? I gotta think you're the type I would love killing and playing with your blood. Lay off the acid for a bit you lunatic redneck. You're only funny to the "RAG" and it's obvious. :)

Taking it like a man.

Jul 23, 2015, 4:16 PM

I commend you but you should demand the Reach Around if you're going to be involved with that Gang.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2015, 2:49 AM

The only plea bargain I would offer as a Proscuter is, "Where is the piece of The Rock that you removed" ? If he sold it, and identifies who has it, 5 years on each charge plus restitution. Then charge the person who he sold it to with possession of stolen goods and lock that person up unless he produces the piece.

You can't take a plea after you start a trail

Jul 23, 2015, 3:58 AM

I'm sure some sort of plea was offered, but the punk and his coot lawyer thought they could beat it

If he told the truth.....

Jul 23, 2015, 9:19 AM

If he was forthcoming, I believe that there should be some leniency and no jail time (other form of punishment) and mark it up as a stupid 20 year old. What I can't stand is a liar. Hang him and his attorney.

What about the "Expert"?

Jul 23, 2015, 10:55 AM

The expert said if the rock was broken into 1,344 pieces it would be valued at $100 per piece?!

How did the "expert" arrive at 1,344 pieces??? What??

I have a strange suspicion that if the Rock was EVER placed for auction some crazy rich alumni would pay more than $134K for it!

What a joke.

Those were my exacts thoughts reading that,

Jul 23, 2015, 11:42 AM

how in the he!! do you come up with 1,344 @ $100 each. Could that be ounces? It would be 84 lbs, does Howard's Rock weigh 84 lbs? $100 per ounce

Re: Those were my exacts thoughts reading that,

Jul 23, 2015, 11:52 AM

I would think that it's probably that the rock is approximately 1344 cubic inches in size, so they used that as a basis to set the value. They just needed to establish that the value was more than enough to warrant a felonly charge ($10,000 minimum).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about the "Expert"?

Jul 23, 2015, 12:10 PM [ in reply to What about the "Expert"? ]

I figured they tried to estimate how large a piece would have to be to fetch $100 then divided the total volume of the rock by the volume of the piece. Must have worked backwards, otherwise I'd be surprised that they arrived at such a nice dollar amount like $100.

How is the relationship between this scum and his mother?

Jul 23, 2015, 4:12 PM

Because it sounds like to me, his mom wants to see his butt locked up. That was the defense?? This is so weird....

That photo proved the witness for the prosecution was...

Jul 23, 2015, 4:19 PM

lying. The witness said Micah climbed the fence while he and the other guy went to the location where the photo was shot. I don't know why the logic behind the details of this case escape so many tnetters.

Re: How is the relationship between this scum and his mother?

Jul 23, 2015, 4:50 PM [ in reply to How is the relationship between this scum and his mother? ]

CUPD simply did not do their job or this case would have been a "slam dunk"..5years minimum hard time

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic