Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Defenders highlight "The Opening" Charlotte Regional
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: Defenders highlight "The Opening" Charlotte Regional

May 12, 2015, 7:26 AM

Defenders highlight "The Opening" Charlotte Regional

Nike’s “The Opening” Charlotte Regional took place under sunny and warm skies at Mallard Creek High School Saturday, and there were plenty of top-flight performers on hand. What are our thoughts on several of the defenders on hand? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Defenders highlight "The Opening" Charlotte Regional

May 12, 2015, 8:56 AM

We have made a lot of progress with the quality of our roster over the last several years. It's great to be a Clemson Tiger fan! We now are on the radar for lots of great talent. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks for all the updates David. It sure is a good time to

May 12, 2015, 9:23 AM

be a Tiger fan!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Nikki ain't gonna like this . . . .***

May 12, 2015, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

May 12, 2015, 10:44 AM

No room for high profile players yet we carry 4-5 legacy players who were not recruited by any other major schools. Shaking my head...

May 12, 2015, 11:00 AM

Some moaned and groaned about Humphries 4 years ago, he was a mainstay of our offense and special teams and now has an NFL contract, I expect him to make a team because of his versatility.

I expect most of those legacy players you are griping about to start at some point in their career at Clemson, they will be good team mates, good citizens, and likely be contributing at least by their 3rd, 4th or 5th year. Most of them will have a few starts as well. They will help build the team leadership that is crucial to maintaining a top program.

Do you want us to have a program like LSU that has great recruiting classes and few starters even stay 4 years? Much less 5years.

I am eager to see if Charone Peake will contribute this year more than Humphries did the last 4! I remember that the grumblers and complainers we moaning and a groaning about why we offered this kid with no talent, did we do it just to firm up Peake's commitment? We did it because the kid could play ball, never minded blocking, caught what was thrown to him and worked hard.

When one of those legacy scholarships does not contribute to our success then complain about them. This coaching staff knows the players they need to succeed!

+1.... Well stated.***

May 12, 2015, 3:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2015, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Defenders highlight "The Opening" Charlotte Regional ]

We also weren't quite on this recruiting stratosphere 4+ years ago.

May 12, 2015, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Defenders highlight "The Opening" Charlotte Regional ]

I don't expect any of the legacy recruit to do anything. Unlike an unknown prospect the coaches like these kids are here because Dabo feels clemain owes there dads. I like the message but the cost is too high.
On the other hand I don't expect any of them to last more than a season at clemson, so it doesn't matter too much.

May 12, 2015, 1:35 PM

Happy days are here again .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic