Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Day One Update: Mike Williams, Deon Cain and special teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,253

New Story: Day One Update: Mike Williams, Deon Cain and special teams

Feb 29, 2016, 9:23 PM

Day One Update: Mike Williams, Deon Cain and special teams

Day one of Clemson's 2016 spring practice is in the books, and we have plenty of news and notes from the first interview session, including more info on Mike Williams, Deon Cain and a visit to Texas for Clemson's offensive staff. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Day One Update: Mike Williams, Deon Cain and special teams

Feb 29, 2016, 9:43 PM

Awesome spot the d@mn ball!!

Two things that put a big smile on my face.

Feb 29, 2016, 9:44 PM

1. Christian Wilkins, a 5* recruit that dominated at DT all last year, is willing to play DE if it is necessary and if it will help the team. How can he possibly be anymore awesome? I fully believe he was the #1 player in last year's class and he will continue to prove it.

2. Not only is Cain willing and ready to put in the time after practice to keep himself sharp, but how awesome is it that our Heisman-favorite QB is willing to stay after a long practice and help him out. I could not be happier with the leaders this team has.

It truly is a great time to be a Tiger.

Snowflake Basher........Out

especially considering the fact that

Feb 29, 2016, 10:00 PM

Deshaun is taking seven classes this semester in addition to all the football practices and weight room.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two things that put a big smile on my face.

Mar 1, 2016, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Two things that put a big smile on my face. ]

I agree 100%. Wilkins has ability we haven't seen on the d-line since the Perry brothers. With Cain, I keep looking like I'm peeking underneath a painful bandaid. Slow, one eye closed, fingers crossed! Thank God he is responding correctly. He has a chance to be "score at will" machine! We knew the character of DW4 was as Mt Everest. Let's hope he keeps his nose to the grind stone! Tampa will be the payoff!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 29, 2016, 10:06 PM

Should be Mike Gundy

Feb 29, 2016, 10:56 PM

I guess they have been reading T-Net after the loss in the championship game but, if they had been reading last year, maybe they would have realized how very important Special teams really are when playing a team more or equally as talented as they were... Special teams count, a lot!!! I wish we could hire an old over the hill HC as in Frank Beamer. As an old over the hill HC as he is, I bet he could still coach a top 5 special teams unit if that was all that he had to do. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much love for the Wayne Train, but...

Feb 29, 2016, 11:55 PM

That all time record will be hard to beat if he only plays this year. That's more yards than last season even, and what looks like some quality depth behind him to keep him fresh for the long haul. Oh and by the way, some pretty decent receivers that will want feeding. Add in a QB a few people may have heard of and 1600 will be tough sledding. Would be darn proud to see him get it though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Much love for the Wayne Train, but...

Mar 1, 2016, 12:06 AM

If the OL becomes as good as folks say it can be, Gallman could have a 1400 yard season, but that also will depend on how well our #2 RB plays this season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um, if(when) we play 15 games, thats only 111 YPG. I expect

Mar 1, 2016, 8:43 AM

him to break a few more long runs this year which would allow for a few 150-200 yard games.

Also worth noting ...

Mar 1, 2016, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Much love for the Wayne Train, but... ]

Clemson played 47 games between 1994 and 1997 while Priester was on the team.

Even if we advance to the National title game again this year, Clemson will have only played in 43 games while Gallman was active.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,253
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic