Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Danny Ford talks Clemson;s schedule, watching Tide and Tigers play for title
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Story: Danny Ford talks Clemson;s schedule, watching Tide and Tigers play for title

Jul 28, 2017, 11:57 AM

Danny Ford talks Clemson;s schedule, watching Tide and Tigers play for title

Danny Ford says Clemson has the talent to compete with anybody in the nation, but that the schedule looks to be a little tougher this season than it was a year ago. He also talks about what it was like to watch the Tigers play Alabama the last two seasons. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Danny Ford talks Clemson;s schedule, watching Tide and Tigers play for title

Jul 28, 2017, 12:09 PM

:) :) :)

Talking To Coach Ford....

Jul 28, 2017, 12:44 PM

is always a great time. He's not as entertaining as Coach Howard though . Talking to Coach Howard was as entertaining as listening to Jerry Clower .

I can understand the tear at his heart. He lives close to Clemson....he'll be a Clemson Man until the end .

Danny doesn't sound like he's "All-In" ....

Jul 28, 2017, 12:55 PM

maybe Dabo should go have a talk with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't open with UGA in '81, opened with Wofford

Jul 28, 2017, 12:59 PM

and won 45-10, then played at Tulane and won 13-5 before UGA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't open with UGA in '81, opened with Wofford

Jul 28, 2017, 1:06 PM

He was talking about the 82 season the year after we won it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't open with UGA in '81, opened with Wofford

Jul 28, 2017, 1:19 PM

1st Monday night regular season college football game ever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We opened up with UGA in 1981 and 1982, the back to back

Jul 28, 2017, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't open with UGA in '81, opened with Wofford ]

national champions, in Athens."

He seemed to be talking about both years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was nothing confusing about what he was talking about.***

Jul 29, 2017, 4:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Schedule

Jul 28, 2017, 1:08 PM

I'm definitely not buying that our 2017 schedule is more difficult than our 2016 schedule. First off, we were @Auburn and @FSU last year. We get them both at home this year. Those were are most difficult opponents (on paper) and now we get them with the home field advantage. We were also @GT last year. And while GT wasn't dominant, they did beat VT and UGA, so getting them at home this year has to be a positive.

So far, 3 big road games from last year are 3 big home games this year. 2017 looks by far more favorable for the Tigers.

But, we are @Louisville, @NCSU and @VT. That'll push up the difficulty a good bit, but I still can't fathom how, all things considered, 2017 is not viewed as the easier schedule.

Obviously home/away doesn't matter with USC since they are a train wreck making sweet love to a dumpster fire.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to remember that Ford is not a young guy...

Jul 28, 2017, 1:35 PM

.... his rants don't make as much sense as they used to. He's a great guy, but not as sharp as he once was. Definitely a harder schedule LAST year. no doubt about that.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: You have to remember that Ford is not a young guy...

Jul 29, 2017, 1:37 PM

Harder schedule, but we had dw4. Without him, any schedule is more difficult. Can't wait to watch him on Sundays though.

I agree with you . . .

Jul 28, 2017, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Schedule ]

It is huge to get FSU and Auburn at home rather than on the road, and while Louisville on the road will be tough, they were (likely) better last year than they will be this year.

VT and NCST on the road will not be easy games, but they are different level athletes than FSU. Playing that amped-up FSU team in Tallahassee last year was one of the more difficult games any team had to play all season.

Coach speak...

Jul 28, 2017, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Schedule ]

you can't expect a college football coach to say anything will be easier this year vs last...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Schedule

Jul 28, 2017, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Schedule ]

To me it's tougher this year only in the sense that DW4 is not lined up behind center.

Having said that, I believe Streeter will have the next guy ready to go!

Jul 28, 2017, 3:06 PM

I agree, that is his job, and his job is made easier than most QB coaches bc of the absolute talent he has to work with. If Streeter can't have one in that stable of QBS that we have ready, then Streeter isn't the right guy for the job bc, our QBs could most likely start for most teams in the country. Surely Streeter should have at least one of them ready to start, lead, and win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Schedule ]

I think he was referring more to the target that's placed on the champs back. If so, coupled with the loss of dw4, I'd have to agree with him somewhat.

Jul 29, 2017, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Schedule ]

I'd argue we have a harder early schedule this year. Our September games are against 3 top 25 teams, two of which are away (Louisville & VT). We are also playing with an inexperienced QB, unlike last year.

When we get to Oct, then the schedule turns in our favor.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet that pic wasn't taken yesterday. :)***

Jul 28, 2017, 2:48 PM

Re: New Story: Danny Ford talks Clemson;s schedule, watching Tide and Tigers play for title

Jul 28, 2017, 5:49 PM

Very, very happy. Very, very proud.

Jul 29, 2017, 2:41 AM

Surprised that he's torn between the Tigers and the Tide. I get that Bama is his alma mater, but Clemson is his legacy. He is known for what he did at Clemson and he lives nearby. Very surprised that he's torn when the two play.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2017, 8:32 PM

Sounds like Danny might have a little envy in the mix.

I love Danny Ford and I'll never forget the time he spent at my family's farm

Jul 28, 2017, 9:05 PM

I was a young fella and when he told me to go in his truck and take all the hats I wanted, I was in heaven. Danny & Dabo, it doesn't get any better than that. At Clemson we don't just get great coaches, we get great people. So many people wish they were us then and now and I love it!

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I've never straddled the fence.

Jul 29, 2017, 8:29 AM

I'v always been a Clemson guy so I feel a little guilt for disagreeing with Danny. I'm also confused, confused as to whether I disagree with him not being faithful to Clemson for all Clemson did for him or for not being faithful to Bama for being home.

I was born in Tennessee so I can identify with 'home,' being elsewhere but home isn't where you're born it's where your heart is. So finally, Clemson is mine. Not because Clemson belongs to me but because I belong to Clemson.

I hope Danny's scrotum doesn't get caught on that fence and I'm glad mine is safe from harm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never straddled the fence.

Jul 29, 2017, 12:49 PM

If Danny really felt that strong about Alabama being his home, then why did he leave Arkansas and come back to the Clemson area. He could have sold his farm in Pickens County I'm assuming for a lot more than he has in it, and went right back to Gadsden Alabama and bought another farm probably more to his liking after he has had the one he's on, and knowing the things he has changed or would like to change. Personally though, I believe that he loves Alabama from his memories that he has of that life. But Danny is a most favorite person (hero) to all or most of the people he is around there in Pickens county, in Alabama he would be just the same as everyone he would be around there in Bama bc his name isn't Bear Bryant or Nick Saban. Where Danny lives right now in Pickens county, he will always have someone that he can turn to for help that would be there in just minutes bc they really love Danny Ford. So it would be just fine if Danny was to say I'm a Clemson man, and Clemson is where my heart is. I say that bc he will never go back to Alabama and make it his home again bc he knows that it wouldn't again have that feel of "Home" not the same way that it does right there where he calls his home in Pickens county. I'm sure that Danny has plenty of family and Bama friends still where he use to live, and he don't won't them to be angry if he was to tell them his true feeling of how much he loves Clemson, so he keeps it equal for them. His family where he is, and he has friends that are closer to him right now as any family he still has in Bama. What ever his feelings were for saying he was torn, and that his business. But I would bet my home that if let it be known what his true feelings were, he would admit that Clemson is where heart really is. There won't be a school that could love more than he loves Clemson. If he dies before his wife, I'm sure she would let everyone around Clemson and Pickens know where his heart really was. His reason for not saying it publicly doesn't matter to me bc I do feel and am sure it is Clemson that he loves over any!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never straddled the fence.

Jul 30, 2017, 12:59 PM [ in reply to I've never straddled the fence. ]

Not sure I agree with "all Clemson did for him". It was more like "what he did for Clemson". He was asking for things that Dabo sought (and got) but in a different era. The way Lennon treated him was a disgrace. I remember like it was yesterday. Hatfield's press conference was ridiculous. And it was only Dabo who was finally able to bring Danny back into the Clemson fold. So, I completely understand Danny's fence sitting. The wounds have only recently begun healing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2017, 8:48 AM

I don't understand the negative comments about Danny having mixed emotions about this game.
When your mother and father have a spat, do you pick a side? Ford had deep ties to Alabama
long before he ever came to Clemson.
Ford can easily afford to live anywhere in the country and live well there. But he makes his
home on a farm outside of Clemson. I think that tells you where his heart is.

This sounds like a Mackey line

Jul 29, 2017, 10:04 AM

"Florida State at Florida State would be tougher."

Also, sounds like Danny isn't All In.

Wish he was my neighbor...

Jul 29, 2017, 1:41 PM

I could borrow his tractor and stuff. Bet he'd be a great fishing partner cause he problem wodn't talk much.

Re: Wish he was my neighbor...

Jul 29, 2017, 5:24 PM

I've alway's thought a lot of Danny over the year's but don't forget,
he walked out on Clemson.He now say's he didn't pull for the Tigers
against Bama.What a low effing blow.Why don't you move your a$$ back
to Bama Danny? They never hired you as a head coach but Clemson did.
The shine has worn off of you for that statement.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wish he was my neighbor...

Aug 2, 2017, 1:24 PM

You are being sarcastic, right?! If not, you don't know anything about Danny Ford and Clemson.
You think Danny Ford walked out on Clemson? What a joke!
I believe, if you will check, that Clemson fired Coach Ford for insubordination, for asking IPTAY members to back him in his push for better athletic facilities. If getting fired for trying to improve our athletic facilities is walking out on Clemson, then there was nothing at all wrong with walking out. The way Danny was treated was an absolute disgrace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

".. if they're good enough they'll win and if they're not they won't."

Jul 30, 2017, 10:28 PM

Now that's classic Coach Ford, right there. Sounds also like something Jimbo would say too. Or Captain Obvious. Love it.
Roar Tigers

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic