Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Cooper working to become the next Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Cooper working to become the next Deshaun Watson

Apr 15, 2016, 8:05 AM

Cooper working to become the next Deshaun Watson

If you want to be the next Deshaun Watson, it always helps to get a little advice from and work out with someone named…..Deshaun Watson. Zerrick Cooper gets to do just that in a few weeks. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Cooper working to become the next Deshaun Watson

Apr 15, 2016, 8:20 AM

My man!

Apr 15, 2016, 8:40 AM

Very excited about this kid's potential. Great talent and work ethic usually leads to big things.

Apr 15, 2016, 8:42 AM

That is awesome Deshaun is going to take the time to spend with him. Zerrick seems to be a great guy and also already understands the benefit or redshirting. The future looks bright.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2016, 8:42 AM

Okay - they lost me at this statement "As a result, Cooper said that while he would love to play this season, he also understands that a redshirt year would be beneficial. "

The "next Deshaun Watson" won't play but 3 years, or 2 with a RS year. So is that what he's saying here? I don't see him playing this year as it will be hard to learn the playbook that quickly. Did I totally misread what he said, or will we just have him 2 years?

Apr 15, 2016, 9:00 AM

I don't think his reference to Watson had anything to do with the time he will be a Clemson

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

don't get too far ahead. ZC has not determined how long...

Apr 15, 2016, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Cooper working to become the next Deshaun Watson ]

he will be at Clemson. I took 5 years and have no regrets. 2017 could be a redshirt Freshman ZC, a Junior KB, and redshirt Soph T. Israel, with true frosh C Brice and H Johnson. We too deep.

But, I would love for Cooper to beat out KB and Schuessler as I have not been impressed with prospects at backup QB. One has not learned enough to secure the ball. The other is always a bit short of the first down. And I want to see more out of Israel. Cooper looks good enough to compete early but would not be upset if he redshirted. It just means he's not ready yet and I trust the coaches.

Apr 15, 2016, 9:19 AM

First: There will never be another DW. Sorry just the Truth.
Second: It's going to take a lotttttttt of work to become a portion of DW.
Third: And this is real talk, people should tell kids the truth, just be yourself. And like the coach said, Learn all you can from a G.O.A.T. (DW) have fun and soak it up like a sponge. Enjoy the moments of such Greatness because it's an Honor to be in his presents.

Apr 15, 2016, 1:01 PM

With his arm and the way he finds open receivers, he could become the best passer we have ever had bf he leaves Clemson. I know that I would love to see a 5k yard passer out of ZC. Like has been said many times, the kids has a h&ll of a arm on him. And I like how he will find a receiver bf he takes of running the ball, but that may cause him to have a lot of sacks in college, I hope not. But with our RB situation while he is at Clemson, could help him really shine behind center....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I absolutely love this kid& his work ethic but

Apr 15, 2016, 10:17 AM

I dont see another DW in him, i see him as someone who can play the game at DWs level but will be totally different person. DW is a "comes only once" kinda player and its not just his abilities its also how good of an all around person he is. ZC just needs to be himself and learn from this great leader we have. Cant wait to see what he brings to the table though. Go Tigers

I absolutely love this kid& his work ethic but

Apr 15, 2016, 10:17 AM

I dont see another DW in him, i see him as someone who can play the game at DWs level but will be totally different person. DW is a "comes only once" kinda player and its not just his abilities its also how good of an all around person he is. ZC just needs to be himself and learn from this great leader we have. Cant wait to see what he brings to the table though. Go Tigers

Re: I absolutely love this kid& his work ethic but

Apr 15, 2016, 10:51 AM

Real Talk 7024!!

Apr 15, 2016, 11:15 AM

Cooper has one hell of an arm. The kid can sling the footvall

Apr 15, 2016, 11:23 AM [ in reply to I absolutely love this kid& his work ethic but ]

He seems like a mix between DW and Crab legs. I think he is going to be special. I will say DW is the greatest college QB in my lifetime so it will be hard to follow him up. I do see Zerrick getting a ring tho!!

Is Israel in the mix at all? I remember reading someone's

Apr 15, 2016, 4:32 PM

comment recently that Tucker may change positions?

Apr 15, 2016, 10:45 PM

Am I the only one who noticed the part where Deshaun said "you can tell it's not last year's team". I would have thought he'd be very high on the talent this year...

Apr 15, 2016, 10:53 PM

I thought Cooper said that, not Deshaun.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

Apr 15, 2016, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Cooper working to become the next Deshaun Watson ]

Cooper said that, not DW4.

Also, there are no quotes around the words about wanting to be the next DW4. I am not sure he worded it that way exactly. But it is only natural for him to want to be the next QB at Clemson after DW4.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic