Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: College Football playoff madness: Where will Clemson wind up?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,492

New Story: College Football playoff madness: Where will Clemson wind up?

Nov 15, 2016, 7:58 AM

College Football playoff madness: Where will Clemson wind up?

Are the Tigers back in the hunt for the College Football Playoff? Early last Saturday, the Louisville Cardinals needed for chaos to reign in order to see a boost to their playoff chances, while second-ranked Clemson needed for the status quo to still be in effect 24 hours. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: College Football playoff madness: Where will Clemson wind up?

Nov 15, 2016, 8:02 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up staying at 2 but placing Ohio State at 2 is the safe bet.
Worst we will be is 4 only if they think Michigan's loss was a little better than ours, but Pitt is a much better team than Iowa.

Nov 15, 2016, 8:26 AM

Wouldn't surprise me to see Clemson at 5 and ultimately wind up at 2 or 3 provided an ACC championship win. Might be motivating for us actually.

Re: Wake Forest

Nov 15, 2016, 8:51 AM

As The Dabo says...Just look to the next "Big Game"...Wake Forest. We only control what we can...one game at a time...the rest will follow.

Nov 15, 2016, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: College Football playoff madness: Where will Clemson wind up? ]

I think we have all the motivation we need at this point. If the lucky win against NC State was not motivation, I can guarantee you that last week's loss will be. But, as Dabo said, this loss is on the coaches. I love our coaches. They are great. But, we made 2 coaching mistakes. One I agree with the other I don't. First, the 4th & 1 call, I agreed with that. I probably would have tried to run behind the tackle as opposed to try the corner, but I think Championship Teams go for that. The mistake that I don't agree with and I will not agree with it unless we are up by 20 points in a game is the slow down tactic with over 2 minutes left to play. This is not a slow team. We're not the fastest in the world, but having Watson huddle everyone except the wideouts and walk to the line with 10 seconds left to go on the play clock is ridiculous. We cannot play like that. Call it rhythm, call it uneasiness, call it unfamiliarity, call it whatever. We need to GO all the time. Never, ever slow down (unless, like I said, we are 20 points up or we can go into Victory formation). Dabo, Tony, and Jeff - my hope is that you have learned your lesson. Please, please, please do not try to eat clock by not running plays. It's what we do and it's what we are good at - go fast.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 12:59 PM

One more comment on that post. I told one of my sons who sits next to me at every game that we were making a mistake when I first saw the slow down. It was so easy to see from the stands that it just doesn't work. I have seen it tried too many times by this team and I knew it was going to come back to bite us at some point. It finally did on Saturday. To me, that had more to do with us losing than all the other things that didn't go right (including the inability to stop the shovel pass except once and the interceptions).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 8:47 AM

Maybe we end up 4 and play Bama in ATL?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The committee isnt stupid

Nov 15, 2016, 11:39 AM

They will have Clemson at 3 & UL at 4 (or 5) Clemson has 4 top 25 wins, 5 wins over teams with winning records. UL has 1 top 25 win & only 2 wins over teams with winning records. So theres no way that UL will jump us & there is not 3 other better teams to knock us out top 4, plain & simple. Now with that said, if we have another hiccup then we are toast! We ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO WIN OUT! Go Tigers! ! !

Nov 15, 2016, 11:57 AM

It is now November - now STYLE points (or whatever you want to call it) matter. Beating Wake 17-14 won't do. Not saying that 1st team has to be in the entire game, in fact I hope not. But we have to win convincingly. Yes coots we'll get to you in a second - we have Wake to take care of first, after that will be your turn.

Nov 15, 2016, 12:05 PM

Why would Ohio St. be #2 over Clemson?

I've heard a lot of people say this but haven't seen a good reason.

We have the better resume....

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,492
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic