Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: College Football Playoff Rankings: Where Will Clemson Land?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

New Story: College Football Playoff Rankings: Where Will Clemson Land?

Nov 1, 2016, 7:01 AM

College Football Playoff Rankings: Where Will Clemson Land?

The initial 2016 College Football Playoff rankings will debut Tuesday evening, and third-ranked Clemson (AP and Coaches) is expected to be in contention for one of the top three spots. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd***

Nov 1, 2016, 7:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2nd***

Nov 1, 2016, 7:15 AM

As long as the Tigers are in one of the four spots, that is really all that matters at this point.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2016, 9:31 AM

No, that is not the only thing that matters. #1 plays #4, and #2 and #3 play each other. If Clemson has the hands down toughest strength of schedule, PUT Clemson in 1st place and let them play the weaker of the other 3 teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2016, 9:42 AM

You are correct. We have better quality wins than the others, hands down, as we speak. Granted AL is a great team, but they haven't played the quality opponents we have yet (and they may not in the end), and oh by the way, though they beat us head to head in the NC, we certainly were on par with them. Fix the special teams, and we'd have whipped that butt, IMO. (Saban knew it, too)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: College Football Playoff Rankings: Where Will Clemson Land?

Nov 1, 2016, 7:16 AM
CFP 1Nov16.JPG(55.5 K)

THIS tells me WE should be #1!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 1, 2016, 7:50 AM

Don't know if this matters but Troy may be raked just in the top 25 or at least high in the "others" pile if they beat UMASS Saturday. In two weeks a win vs Appalachian St would definitely put them there.

Message was edited by: Tigers Rule®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2016, 8:00 AM

Troy has already helped us with SOS and YES, will help even more if or when they become ranked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2016, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: College Football Playoff Rankings: Where Will Clemson Land? ]

That is exactly what it's saying, so why is Clemson not in first. They make the rules, they design the platform, why is Clemson not in #1, we have passed their platform/rules test!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2016, 9:44 AM

Well, we may be #1 when the real poll comes out. Remember last year? I think we moved into #1 when most pundits said we wouldn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Following Pollack's logic,

Nov 1, 2016, 7:29 AM

Shouldn't we be number 1? Not suggesting we should be. But his argument is fairly convincing.

Re: Following Pollack's logic,

Nov 1, 2016, 8:31 AM

Well, the committee also has the "eye test", which really can mean anything. In this case they will likely see that we beat those 3 teams by 1 score each, whereas Alabama is just destroying nearly everyone they play. I think that will be a significant factor even though margin of victory is supposedly downplayed.

Nov 1, 2016, 9:42 AM

The only thing the eye test should have saw, was Clemson won every game at the end on the scoreboard. The "EYE" test didn't have a ruling in last years NCG, bc if it had Clemson would be 2015 national champions!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Nov 1, 2016, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Following Pollack's logic, ]

No.

Bama's SOS is only 3 spots behind ours, and they haven't even come close to losing.

this***

Nov 1, 2016, 8:40 AM

Best Is The Standard

Nov 1, 2016, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Following Pollack's logic, ]

And??? Clemson hasn't lost a game, how close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades!!!

Why this matters...

Nov 1, 2016, 7:53 AM

The 2 playoff games will be played in Atlanta and Glendale, AZ. The #1 team goes to whichever location is closest to them. Then the rest fall into place. So, if we want to play in Atlanta, we'll need to be #1 or #4 (and hope Bama is #1). This probably doesn't matter a lot in the overall picture, but it sure would be nice to play in ATL instead of flying out to Arizona again.

Here's hoping that Auburn or LSU can pull off a miracle upset of Alabama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about replacing the the word "or" with "and"? ;-)***

Nov 1, 2016, 9:34 AM

Nov 1, 2016, 8:32 AM

Michigan also has 3 wins against teams currently in the Top 25, but Clemson's wins are against teams that have higher rankings collectively. Bama's only win was against a team in the Top 25 which was Texas A&M (who's best win was against Auburn). Guess the SEC is so tough they just beat up on each other right? Right. SMH. Many argue that Bama is responsible for those teams not being ranked because they beat them. Well 4 other teams beat Ole Miss. And 2 other teams beat Texas A&M. And 2 other teams beat Tennessee (with one of them being the Gamecocks for crying out loud) and 1 very narrow win against a terrible UGA team to the Vols credit. CLEMSON SHOULD BE #1. But we won't be because, we're well....Clemson. The epitome of disrespect. Keep winning Tigers! I like LSU and Auburn's chances to take down the Tide. Would feel better about Auburn if that game was at Auburn, but it's not. Auburn is a much better team than the one the Tigers played as they started using their best running back in Week 2. Too bad, so sad - we collected the Win. 1 of 8 thus far. Go Tigers!

Nov 1, 2016, 8:37 AM

Correction 1 other team beat Texas A&M - should have stated Arkansas has losses against 2 other teams.

Nov 1, 2016, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: College Football Playoff Rankings: Where Will Clemson Land? ]

We were clemson last year when we were wire to ire #1

Did Michigan already beat Penn State, too? They are #20

Nov 1, 2016, 8:39 AM

or do they play them later this year

Best Is The Standard

I'd love one of the Natty logo lapel pins CDS is wearing ...

Nov 1, 2016, 8:39 AM

can't find one.

Anybody got info on getting one ?

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Most likely #2 though #3 wouldn't surprise me.***

Nov 1, 2016, 8:54 AM

Not accurate - Michigan also has 3 wins against AP Top 25

Nov 1, 2016, 9:08 AM

But I still think we should be #2. Go Tigers.

#8, #20, #21

Nov 1, 2016, 11:57 AM

Wisconsin, Penn St, Colorado

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #8, #20, #21

Nov 1, 2016, 1:32 PM

Point well taken. Michigan indeed has some quality wins. Will be interesting to see how they stack up against the Buckeyes at the Horseshoe. Should be a knockdown, drag out battle.

Nov 1, 2016, 9:38 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if it was like last year and they put us ahead of Bama. Feels similar anyway... just keep winning. The rank at the end is all that matters!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This!***

Nov 1, 2016, 9:52 AM

Nov 1, 2016, 9:48 AM

no brainer then tigers #1***

Nov 1, 2016, 10:20 AM

2 of the 3 top 25 wins away at night***

Nov 1, 2016, 10:47 AM

I need a moment to vent...

Nov 1, 2016, 11:35 AM

Is it just me or is Michigan (8-0) the biggest fraud in all of college football? You probably wondering why I am asking this question, so this is why. For starters whoever made there schedule should get a holiday bonus. Michigan has 8 home games and only 4 road games. They have only played 2 away games so far this year through 8 games compared to the team behind them in the rankings (Clemson) who has 4 road games through 8 games. Michigan's 2 road games where against Rutgers and Michigan State. Those 2 teams are a combined 4-12... WHAT?! Then Michigan's brutal schedule continued with 3 ranked opponents Colorado, Wisconsin, and Penn St. (all 3 home games) and they didn't look very good in 2 of the games. I would say Michigan is going to be tested next game but let's be honest... the only game remaining is the Ohio State game at the Horseshoe to end the regular season. I don't know about you but this schedule is a joke and once Michigan has to play a team with a "pulse" ON THE ROAD they will be exposed!

Re: I need a moment to vent...

Nov 1, 2016, 11:57 AM

Me thinks the committee will help the AP folks and coaches understand exactly what you are saying. Little or no regional biases in that room and anyone associated with a school is not allowed to be in the room when discussing that program's merits or lack thereof.

Nov 1, 2016, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I need a moment to vent... ]

Fraud would be a bit much, but hey maybe if they aren't as good as someone else could be for that playoff slot, maybe Clemson could end up having an "easier" out in the playoff should we happen to line up against them.

It will work out to be 4 good teams at the end of the process - they seem to do a good job with it and have plenty of time to adjust.

Nov 1, 2016, 1:27 PM

I like this system much better than relying on AP or coaches. These 12 folks hammer it out in their secluded room w/o the clamor of fans, ESECPN, Finebum, internet nerds, radio idiots and all the rest.

Nov 1, 2016, 4:44 PM

As long as we play Alabama in the natty I don't care where we are. 1,2,3,4 it doesn't matter we need Alabama in the natty. Alabama is the team to beat nowadays. Some of y'all might hate that I say that but if we do not play Alabama in the natty there will be excuses. I personally want to play Michigan in the playoffs because we've beaten lsu auburn Ohio State Oklahoma loooival Notre Dame Georgia. The only ones we haven't beaten are Michigan and bama.

Nov 1, 2016, 6:19 PM

Very good posts, but had to go back and read article a second time. LOUISVILLE could have been # 4 except for win by Washington against Utah. If Louisville wins out and Washington loses, Louisville could be #4 (possibly). Rankings then get interesting. Rankings could be set up to eliminate 1 ACC team by having them play each other. But the first and most important thing, Clemson needs to win out, ONE GAME AT A TIME. GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic