Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Collective Calm: O'Daniel says Tigers know how to finish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Collective Calm: O'Daniel says Tigers know how to finish

Oct 22, 2016, 2:01 PM

Collective Calm: O'Daniel says Tigers know how to finish

The Clemson football team wants to finish this season with no regrets, and they are off to a 7-0 start. Linebacker Dorian O'Daniel says this is a team that knows to win, and knows how to finish. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Collective Calm: O'Daniel says Tigers know how to finish

Oct 22, 2016, 3:28 PM

I believe that our team is just or more talented than they were last season, but for some reason I don't see the pep in their step, nor do I see the intensity or purpose they played with last season. And our coaches and our leadership players need to find some answers before we roll into Tallahassee on the 28th before our game on the 29th. If not, those feelings of we can win no matter what, will be crushed when we leave Doak Campbell stadium....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2016, 4:36 PM

I agree. I hope we can find that edge again as we head into the back end of the season.

I see Louisville backing up their bravado...

Oct 22, 2016, 9:16 PM

I see Clemson handing out BS trying to make themselves feel good

about almost having lost to NCSU.

The players need to shut up - just shut up....

and learn how to execute -

which, by the way, Mr. O'Daniel,

the team did NOT do in the 4th quarter last week.

It's time to stop trying to put a Tammy Faye face on a pig of a game.

This team needs to shut up.

Re: I see Louisville backing up their bravado...

Oct 22, 2016, 10:03 PM

I would agree with you, but the fatal flaw in your logic is teams get credit for wins, not what we think about what they say. But we'll see about the Crim-a-Noles. I'm hopeful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2016, 11:51 PM

Had to cheer for Penn State tonight....yuck. Urban isn't a favorite.

Oct 23, 2016, 12:07 PM [ in reply to I see Louisville backing up their bravado... ]

This team is 7-0, maybe you need to shut up.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 24, 2016, 7:45 AM [ in reply to I see Louisville backing up their bravado... ]

What a hot mess of logic. Are you a L'ville fan in disguise? All I've seen are Cardinal fans trying to talk a loss into a W. Same with the media. Only one yard short...only four yards to victory.

Louisville had their shot and couldn't close the deal. They didn't know how and Clemson did. Clemson stumbled and bumbled and served the role of gracious host in giving Louisville every chance to stomp on the Paw at midfield. Louisville couldn't do it.

When crunch time him, Clemson stepped up with two drives that were needed...because Clemson knew how to close the deal.

Using cosmetics to define looks is fool's gold. When you wake up in the morning, that saint you took to bed turned out to be a sinner...and looked the part, too! ;)

Rest assured, Louisville wants no part, despite any and all rhetoric, of playing Clemson in the play-offs. The Tigers will pound the feathers and beaks off of the them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2016, 12:04 AM

Honestly, I hate to read articles like this. We were at the mercy of the NCSU kicker last week. We won, but if winning like that is "knowing how to finish", then I don't get that logic. We were lucky and dodged the biggest bullet - well since the previous week. Anyway, we should just relish the win, be happy about it, but dadgum don't act like we're all that. We need to improve in several areas, and if we make the playoffs, we might not get far unless we improve those areas.

I still see the final 4 as:
Alabama
CLEMSON
Michigan
Washington

JMO.

Oct 23, 2016, 12:40 AM

Couldn't agree with you more.
I don't think that he shares the " no regrets " amongst all his team members. There have been some close calls because of self-infliction, Tigers have calculated 7 missed touchdowns on the year because of turnover's.

As a long time Tiger Fan, I just see a team with immense talent that needs to get on the same page on sides of the ball, and play dominant at FSU & throughout the season. Then we'll know this years team can "finish". Too many nail biters this year honestly.

No nail biter @ FSU put them away early, Double coverage on Cook, and DL Line has to play their best game against D. Walker & Co.. Special teams, everything. Jimbo will find a way to capitalize on turnovers and dropped balls. By the way, Mike Williams is 6"3, and one of their starting corners is only 6"0, Williams wins that match up with deep balls. Legget @ 6"6 wins the matchup against their DB matchup with crossing routes, and their 5 star safety being out for the game is going to give us some leverage. Renfrow is back for that security blanket in the end zone, so there is a good feeling going into next week's game. Hoping that turnovers are cleaned up- Watson throws clean, Gallman let's the crowd know who is the best "back" on the filed and Tigers win by 2 scores.

My Take

Oct 23, 2016, 6:40 AM

I think it's obvious there are things the tigers need to work on but don't forget that overcoming these obstacles help build great confidence in a championship team. We are a national contender heading towards a Natty. Teams are bringing wrinkles to the game that our team is having to adjust to in game situation b/c we are the targeted team to beat. In this position, as a targeted team, adjustments are necessary. This team understand they are a special team but have had some unfortunate situations to overcome. Guess what? They have. Fans I hear your heart but you gotta think positive despite what happens. Football is 90% mental, IMO. This what I like about our team. Believing they can win no matter what. The good thing about it is the adversities won't happen every week if they stay focus and continue to work hard day in and day out. One game at at time! Go Tigers!

Oct 23, 2016, 12:00 PM

Couldn't have said it better, and agree with you 100% For the folks that think our coaching staff are a bunch of idiots, you're wrong...these guys know how to win! Granted, there were some more than uncomfortable games this year, they aren't going to smash our players confidence after close wins like some of you armchair coaches. Those wins built character and allowed them to continue to work with confidence and focus. They will need that down the stretch. Another obvious is that the staff goes into game week with a plan A, and expect it to be effective. Against the likes of NC State and similar teams that includes running the ball. They aren't going to waver from that and open up the playbook for FSU, VT or potentially Michigan or Alabama to take notes. NC ST knew that and did everything they could to counter. It's clear that when we get in these big games we are much more balanced with play calling and play more effectively.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2016, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Collective Calm: O'Daniel says Tigers know how to finish ]

Agree but would add that the way the Tigers "finished" in OT did in reality determine the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2016, 11:37 AM

I really hope the team can move past the NC State game, because most of you haven't. What about it don't you guys understand? You make mistakes and your opponent makes mistakes, plain and simple. Our mistakes came by way of missed assignments and turnovers. Theirs came by way of missed assignments, turnovers, and bad special teams play. We won because we put more points up, we shouldn't have lost. If we cut down on our mistakes, the game isn't close. But to act as if we should've lost is crazy.

Oct 23, 2016, 4:37 PM

Thank You Nikki Scott K..GO TIGERS

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic