Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson vs. Alabama prediction: Can Clemson Roll the Tide?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson vs. Alabama prediction: Can Clemson Roll the Tide?

Jan 1, 2018, 8:01 AM

Clemson vs. Alabama prediction: Can Clemson Roll the Tide?

A New Years’ Day rumble in the Superdome with a trip to the College Football Playoff National Championship on the line. It’s Clemson vs. Alabama for the third straight year. It’s Dabo Swinney’s playful exuberance against Nick Saban’s forced misery. It’s the youthful contender vs. the establishment. Yep. We can’t wait to get this one started. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cautiously optimistic for this game. Turnovers (as usual) will definitely be key.

Jan 1, 2018, 8:14 AM

Which ever D can get pressure and force mistakes will take this one, as both offenses are built to sustain drives and not make mistakes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cautiously optimistic for this game. Turnovers (as usual) will definitely be key.

Jan 3, 2018, 10:07 AM

Alabama has only turned the ball over 8 times this season, 9 counting the Hurts Fumble

Re: Cautiously optimistic for this game. Turnovers (as usual) will definitely be key.

Jan 3, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Cautiously optimistic for this game. Turnovers (as usual) will definitely be key. ]

Are our stats skewed compared to Bama?

Jan 1, 2018, 8:40 AM

1st team wasn’t in all game. Did Alabama substitute like we did or did they pad their stats? Hard to go on stats alone. Go Tigers!

Re: Are our stats skewed compared to Bama?

Jan 1, 2018, 9:22 AM

From everything I read on the bama games, they played their backups. Their backup qb playeded more than ours. Tau or tua? And he’s good- not surprised if we don’t see him.

As for the D, they played a lot of people, mostly for injury to much like we did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Are our stats skewed compared to Bama? ]

Skewed in that we played more than 2/3 real games this year. Yes

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:16 AM

4 Loss Auburn is Clemson’s best win
(K. Johnson DNP)
Overrated Miami, finished their season on a 3 game losing streak is Clemson’s 2nd best win
NC State is probably next
The rest are average to terrible teams

So 2/3 is probably a stretch

Jan 1, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Are our stats skewed compared to Bama? ]

I feel that I'm probably wrong, but I think that Dabo and Clemson is the only team in the power 5 conferences that will play all abled body players in any game that we have the win locked down going into the 4th quarter. It's that I don't know of any team other than Clemson that does that. There will never be a time that a Dabo coached team could rightfully be accused of padding a players stats to win an individgual award!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Are our stats skewed compared to Bama? ]

The only stat Alabama cares about are the Win/Loss column, so yes they pad their “stats” by winning

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Alabama prediction: Can Clemson Roll the Tide?

Jan 1, 2018, 8:41 AM

I'm much more optimistic. Our DL will take Hurts out of his comfort zone and that won't work for them. It will not be lopsided but I don't think it will be a nail-biter at all.

It could be a 35-21 game, something like that...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man! I hope you’re right, just don’t see Bama

Jan 1, 2018, 9:00 AM

Laying over like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Alabama prediction: Can Clemson Roll the Tide? ]

You almost nailed Alabama’s score, and only missed Clemson’s by 29. Gotta love Fan Predictions.

Jan 1, 2018, 9:42 AM

Comparing stats between teams is so misleading when the opponents are so different. The only head-to-head I remember was Auburn. That should give the Tiger fans confidence. Bama has trouble with spread offenses--look at what happened with Miss St and Auburn. I agree the Tigers prevail and it won't be easy. Get er done tonite at the Sugar!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:22 AM

Fact they both played Auburn
Clemson won
Alabama Lost

*Notes

Alabama had to go to Auburn.
Clemson was @ Home

Kerryon Johnson DNP against Clemson.
Johnson did play vs Tide.

Kerryon Johnson is ranked 3rd in Mel Kiper’s Big Board by Position

I'm going with Nikki on this one.

Jan 1, 2018, 10:48 AM

I reckon she and I know that this isn't a training game for backups. We know that the liberal substitutions won't put true and RS freshman in the game they all have a full year of playing time now.

Perhaps I have a little more confidence in our offense than she for I'm expecting Clemson to score 35 or 38 on Bama due to Bama seeing a variety of plays strung together in series never before shown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm going with Nikki on this one.

Jan 3, 2018, 10:36 AM

Actually Alabama knew exactly what Clemson was going to run against them. The same string of plays they’d run all year vs the likes of VaTech, Miami, etc.

Only problem was that Clemson was playing Alabama who simply threw that high school offense backwards, destroying Clemson’s OL, & had Clemson @ 98 Total Yards with 9 min to go on the game.

35-38 ...Clemson barely had 38 Yards @ halftime. lmao, thank goodness Hurts Fumbled or it would have been 3 ..... 3 Points! You got 6, including no touchdowns, actually not even sniffing the end zone. Your prediction only missed by 30 Points.

You seem like you know your stuff ... keep posting your insights , which are based on ... years of fan experience.

Gotta watch out for that string of new plays.

95% of comments on this site are comical to read.
Lots of YMCA players & Cub Scouts typing.
Never been to one but this site seems eerily similar to a circle j with 5 best (agreeable) buddies.

Jan 1, 2018, 12:26 PM

We will see the usual antics from Bama. They do not handle spread and fast play offense very well. Look for lots of lay down supposed injuries to stop Clemson momentum. These fake injuries are famous with Bama. That's their way of controlling the game. The ugly side, which I hope we don't see is trying to take people out (FSU QB) and targeting. I think it's going to be a close game, 24-21 Clemson. GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 3, 2018, 10:54 AM

Lay down to stop the momentum. First off just because a QB is in the shotgun & is a main ball carrier, and sometimes hands off to a RB, does not make them a Spread Offense Team.

They rarely run any spread option, reading backside defensive end.

They run a ton of QB Power & counter action runs w both QB & RB.
They don’t run any bootleg passes or any play pass off of spread action

They are a 2 back (including QB) power Running Team
Minimal play action pass
3 Step game
And an atrocious 5-7 step game

I told people for months that eventually Clemson was going run into some team that would be ###### if they would let a team simply snap to shotgun & let a QB RUN (single wing offnense almost)

Stop this basic running game
Playaction is our b/c running game is stopped
3 step passing game relying Renfroe & McCleod is laughable (press cob). (Cain is legit)

5-7 step passing game (curls, digs, corners, posts, drive series ... NFL throws.

Pass attempts over 10 Yards, Bryant is ranked 98th in the country

Bama knew Clemson’s tendencies. As did many other team as but none had the knowledge/talent/attitude/physicalness.

Bamas offense may be even simpler but they make sure they get @ least 4 Yards on first down.

When your running is basic stuff & can’t pass all a defense has to do is force 3rd & 7 + Yards.

Clemson thought they could beat Alabama Running this stuff. Remember what they did to Tebow

Do any of the Tnet contributors

Jan 1, 2018, 12:28 PM

have the sack to pick against Clemson?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson wins by at least 14 points.

Jan 1, 2018, 1:23 PM

Take it to the bank.

Proverbs 16:18

IMHO it will be a close game ... Bama does not quit

Jan 1, 2018, 4:00 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:06 AM

Thank goodness for the Hurts Fumble, which led to a Clemson field goal, without it the predictions @ the end of your article would have been way off .. lol.

Great article though. Good read

Jan 3, 2018, 10:09 AM

Yep...win with class....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic