Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson is coming? Not anymore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 5,452

New Story: Clemson is coming? Not anymore

Feb 5, 2016, 7:59 AM

Clemson is coming? Not anymore

Clemson linebacker Stephone Anthony announced on National Signing Day five years ago that 'Clemson is coming." Anthony admitted a few weeks ago that the phrase is now outdated. The Tigers are no longer coming. They've arrived. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson is coming? Not anymore

Feb 5, 2016, 8:00 AM

We know.gonna win it all this year.
GO TIGERS !!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 10:30 AM

I do not know that we will win it all.... but I do have hope. Go Tigers!

I think this team has a shot at being in the playoffs even with one loss! The offense is going to be ridiculous! Maybe the best ever. I see several 1st round picks next year and several more the year after that and the year after that on this team.
Watson and Williams next year, and maybe Leggett, with Guerlermo and maybe Gallman in later rounds.

PREACH

Feb 5, 2016, 8:05 AM

I'm not even sure we'll need a Defense next season... but we will... and it will be good!

Xanax and whiskey...

Feb 5, 2016, 8:11 AM

Awesome and true.

WETOODEEP!

Re: Xanax and whiskey...

Feb 5, 2016, 8:49 AM

That's cool...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Xanax and whiskey... ]

I call that Monday

Might be difficult getting ready in 5 days .... SMH

Feb 5, 2016, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Xanax and whiskey... ]

At all the whining that went on about the GT game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Xanax and whiskey... ]

that aids in the not coming right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

This is the golden era of Clemson football.

Feb 5, 2016, 8:44 AM

Enjoy it.

Feb 5, 2016, 8:57 AM

I believe with all my heart that the Tigers will win another NC.
Last season as Tommy would say we were 3 plays from greatness.
I do believe the Tigers best shot will be while DW is on the field.
So 2016 is going to be the year!

Feb 5, 2016, 9:40 AM

I believe they will win. If not this year in the years to come. Hopefully more than once. The road to the National Championship in 2016 is a tougher road. Road games at Auburn (first game scares), Florida State, Georgia Tech and even Boston College are all going to be BYOG games. If this team in 2016 jells anything close to the 2015 (and I believe it will) we could really witness some amazing moments! It is going to be a tough road in 2016 but that makes it all the sweeter. ;)

Feb 5, 2016, 11:41 AM

We proved we are the team right now that is as good as Bama, and better coached. If we would have had 16 5 star players on our team when we went toe to toe with Bama in the championship game, that NC trophy would be at Clemson right now today being polished in our trophy case. No doubt in my mine!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No MW, no DC, Shaq played hurt and was limited

Feb 6, 2016, 2:45 AM

in number of plays, the Mac went out for a huge portion of the game.

The kick fiasco and Bama wins by five.

Bama was fortunate.

Special Teams is our last hurdle and myoney is on our coaches fix that one this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson is coming? Not anymore ]

But with Tommy, we would have never gained those 3 plays away under him. He wasn't a division 1 championship coach!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson is coming? Not anymore ]

If we have a deep offense, defense, with the skill players we bring in, we won't need a DW4 type QB. DW4 with it all in place is a double bonus, a guarantee!!!

Feb 5, 2016, 8:59 AM

How about Tucker Israel? Tanner Muse? And a plethora of others.....
We will be just fine.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Feb 5, 2016, 9:07 AM

Don't forget in 2018 we should have the inside track on Dakereon Joyner's services too. If this kid from Ft. Dorchester keeps progressing he should be the #1 or #2 DT quarterback in the country for the class of 2018. And everyone already knows he loves Clemson and wants to follow his buddy John Simpson!

Feb 5, 2016, 9:11 AM

David, the only reason Tigers Nation was fixated on the recruitment of Rashan Gary was that we fully expected Dabo would work his magic and get him to come to Clemson. We know he wouldn't make or break our class, we just wanted to stick one to Michigan and the National Media who still feels Clemson Football hasn't arrived yet.

Feb 5, 2016, 9:12 AM

Feel, good post!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson is coming? Not anymore ]

I truly believe something underhanded went down Wednesday. Why else would a kid that has that much attention from the entire football world not at least have a smile on his face when picking the school that he plans on being at for the next 3 or 4 years. What was it? Only him and his family knows. Maybe it was where he wanted to go but I just didn't seem that way. Go Tigers. Gary would have been nice but were are loaded in the DL. Not getting him didn't hurt us. It would have helped if we had gotten him but looking at the depth we are already 3 deep at DL and all of them would start at almost any college in the country. Go Tigers.

Agree on all points...+1.***

Feb 5, 2016, 11:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson is coming? Not anymore ]

You're not the only one that noticed that look in his face. He didn't look all that enthused about his choice.

Feb 5, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson is coming? Not anymore ]

Honestly, those were my feeling, plus a lot of teams are going with the fast pace offense, and Rashan would have been a great fit and depth on the D....

I was fortunate to have been in school during our last...

Feb 5, 2016, 10:35 AM

national reign of terror. This seems slightly different. It seems a little more sterile now than in the eighties.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 10:52 AM

As long as these guys keeps playing the way they're capable of and playing with their hearts and guts then this team will stay.

BELIEVING & EXECUTING is the name of the game they will BE THE TEAM!!!!!!!! GO Tigers!!!

Feb 5, 2016, 11:17 AM

An old timer like myself, I have already witnessed our Tigers showing the country how its done, and I'm telling you Tiger fans that wasn't around then, you have no idea what it feels like in a National Championship game and watch the clock hit 00.00 and our Tigers are ahead on the score board. You, like me, know how it feels to be on the opposite side of the win. If it's any consolations to you for me to tell that the sad hurt feelings of the air being squeezed out of our lungs, and the blood feeling cold in your veins for days after that game. I promise you, no, I guarantee you, if we go back and win it, those feeling are so great that you won't remember those feeling of that loss. You will remember the loss, but you won't be able to accurately express the actual true feeling of the loss. Those feelings of winning it all heals those from the loss!!! When we win it, you will call all your friends to talk about, and for days you will ask everybody you talk to if they saw us win the National Championship. If you love Clemson the way I do, you will have a perma grin for weeks. The feelings of winning the NC are much greater than a loss, they are unexplainable. You won't be able to talk about it without booo-hooooing!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Feb 5, 2016, 1:50 PM

And you didn't mention Ray Ray in that list of offense fire power.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"bursting through the door in an Orange fury"

Feb 5, 2016, 2:04 PM

nicely done

Feb 5, 2016, 10:26 PM

Great analysis of the current state of the program David! Going to be fun to watch and be a part of in the future. Extremely proud of ALL INvolved !!!!

Replies: 29
| visibility 5,452
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic