Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson coaches see 5-star Justyn Ross, who says final decision will be tough
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson coaches see 5-star Justyn Ross, who says final decision will be tough

Jan 18, 2018, 12:33 PM

Clemson coaches see 5-star Justyn Ross, who says final decision will be tough

With just three weeks to go until National Signing Day, Justyn Ross’ schedule is slam packed and he has a lot to consider before making his final decision. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not that tough. Your options are to come to WRU and

Jan 18, 2018, 12:39 PM

win a couple national championships and then get paid in the NFL. Or don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: It's not that tough. Your options are to come to WRU and

Jan 18, 2018, 1:23 PM

This will be an uphill battle. Especially after seeing Tua sling the magic bean around the field

Jan 18, 2018, 1:53 PM

I bet TL is flicking a lot of bean right now

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha***

Jan 19, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not that tough. Your options are to come to WRU and ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jan 18, 2018, 5:31 PM [ in reply to It's not that tough. Your options are to come to WRU and ]

I been wanting to land ross for a good while now. From articles I've read his mom really likes Clemson and grandma likes one of the In state schools I forget which one. It's going to be tough to pull him from the state of Alabama but if we do we are landing a game changer at WR to go along with what I think is def a game changer in Kendricks. Ross would be the perfect fit here at clemson. Not only is he 6' 4" with great hands but he is also 200+ lbs already and would be a great tall big body deep threat. I guess besides the obvious sales pitch maybe coaches meant more his size as far as weight on him as a true outside big body threat. Anyways really really want to see Ross with the Paw on his helmet, let's real this big fish in Dabo!! Go Tigers!!

Re: New Story: Clemson coaches see 5-star Justyn Ross, who says final decision will be tough

Jan 18, 2018, 12:47 PM

It sounds like to me he wants to stay in state. I hope I am wrong but with the two state schools getting the last visits does not sound good for us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson coaches see 5-star Justyn Ross, who says final decision will be tough

Jan 18, 2018, 1:01 PM

Ya but we do have tall WR Higgins 6'4 and Overton 6'5 would be nice to snag Ross didn't realize he was that big, but sounds like he wants to stay in state. It blows our only in home visit he was sick for.

Jan 18, 2018, 12:55 PM

Well, we've done our diligence with this youngster, so he'll get the Bama and Auburn pitch. Will be tough breaking that state hold on one of their finest, but if anyone can it'd be the WRU Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 1:10 PM

I understand playing for your state. Problem is which state team? Bama and Auburn are huge schools in the state. Can't be easy, so solve problem and come to Clemson!

Jan 18, 2018, 1:05 PM

Then stay in state then dude Jesus....

If Auburn or Bama is where you want to go then go...slide the depth chart at Bama and enjoy one year of Stidham...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 18, 2018, 1:14 PM

All depends on what kind of environment he's looking for because he can play and have similar success at any of the 3. 'All In' isn't for everybody just like Saban's 'We Really Don't GAF About You' robot factory isn't for everybody. Would love to have him but I really don't see it happening.

Jan 18, 2018, 1:25 PM

We have Overton and Higgins. What do they mean the big WR we don't have?

Jan 18, 2018, 1:27 PM

That’s a recruiting sales pitch

Jan 18, 2018, 1:28 PM

Yep

Jan 19, 2018, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson coaches see 5-star Justyn Ross, who says final decision will be tough ]

That’s not a sales pitch.. that’s a lie.. big difference.. these kids must research these schools and check depth charts.. so let’s be clear.. that’s a lie.. not a sales pitch.

+1 that's exactly what I said when reading that!***

Jan 18, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson coaches see 5-star Justyn Ross, who says final decision will be tough ]

Re: +1 that's exactly what I said when reading that!***

Jan 19, 2018, 12:41 AM

This is why kids have to research these teams..recruiters lie to them.. that’s not a sales pitch.. that’s a lie.. kids have check the depth charts and research.. he makes it sound like he can come in right away and play.. he would be third on the depth chart.. research kids!!

Re: +1 that's exactly what I said when reading that!***

Jan 19, 2018, 3:56 PM

Rubbin' is Racin'

Jan 19, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson coaches see 5-star Justyn Ross, who says final decision will be tough ]

They mean he’s not on the roster.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 18, 2018, 1:27 PM

Come to Clemson Justin because the Clemson Coaches will Prepare
You for The NFL and The University will prepare You for Life.

Wish his OV hadn't been so early.....*********

Jan 18, 2018, 1:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 1:52 PM

Quick!

Someone get Trevor Lawrence right on this!!!

??

We don’t have an outside WR?

Jan 18, 2018, 1:57 PM

With some extra weight added on this offseason, Tee could absolutely be an outside threat. But it would be nice to complement him with Ross

Re: We don’t have an outside WR?***

Jan 18, 2018, 2:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jan 18, 2018, 2:22 PM

Neither Alabama, or Auburn really throw the ball all that much typically. He'd be much better off at Clemson now and in the future. I don't see the decision as being that tough, but he probably goes to Alabama.

Jan 18, 2018, 3:18 PM

He's 6'4", but only 5'11" without the afro.

Jan 18, 2018, 4:36 PM

I was und

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 4:39 PM

I was under the impression he's a Clemson lean. Though I haven't heard that lately.
My gut doesn't feel good but we're still a layer!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 4:42 PM

Sorry, Lol
still a player

Jan 19, 2018, 12:04 AM

Maybe if Overton got more opportunities to use his height and athleticism they would see you already have a talented 6'5 208 lbs outside receiver.

Jan 19, 2018, 4:12 AM

Yea, I was under the impression that he was leaning more towards Clemson. After reading this article it seems like Auburn and Alabama are both ahead of Clemson, but that's obviously speculation. If you're a WR you have to look at your QB, so you would think Trevor Lawrence would be a big selling point. Kids dont always think 2-3 years down the road, so he may think Alabama and Auburn are just as good with Tua and Stidham. Alabama has a loaded WR corps, where as Clemson is in big need of a second boundary WR. I think his best move from a football standpoint would be Clemson, but it really sounds like he wants to stay close to home. Just based on Clemson's depth chart Ross could be the most impactful freshman.

I am just basing that off of his star rankings, but his testing numbers are some of the worst ive seen. I dont think every WR needs to run a 4.3 but Ross is only 197 lbs and he ran a 4.87, that's unusually slow... KJ Henry and Xavier Thomas are both faster. I would normally just write that off as an inaccurate number, but he also only jumped 27"... That's only 1" higher than 350lbs OT Jackson Carman? It's not a deal breaker, but it's a concern.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic