Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Can Lee take Clemson to Omaha? An opposing coach speaks out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Story: Can Lee take Clemson to Omaha? An opposing coach speaks out

Jun 19, 2015, 8:07 AM

Can Lee take Clemson to Omaha? An opposing coach speaks out

What can Clemson fans expect out of new baseball coach Monte Lee? One of Lee's rivals in the CAA breaks it down for TigerNet, and he says he thinks Lee feels he can take Clemson to Omaha on a regular basis. (Photo courtesy of CofC Athletics) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David!!

Jun 19, 2015, 8:21 AM

Would feel better if you could interview and get a vote of confidence from some of the 5000 plus post super contributors of Tigernet. This guy is only a baseball coach. Would sleep better if he got the vote of confidence from the Kliq

Please list who you're referring to in detail.

Jun 19, 2015, 9:08 AM

TIA

I just hope and pray that this year is not one of comparison

Jun 19, 2015, 8:54 AM

turn the page!

I'm not too comfortable with this quote...

Jun 19, 2015, 9:20 AM

“Number one, what stood out was their professionalism. It was unbelievable how professional he was at all times, win or lose and no matter the score of the game,” Kennedy said.

What does he mean by "lose?" I thought we brought Monte Lee in so that we wouldn't lose any more games? This is certainly troubling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

you're absolutely right & taking a closer look at his resume

Jun 19, 2015, 9:54 AM

a total of 145 losses are listed.

i think we have a bigger issue if this kind of crap is getting by HR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

145 losses are only acceptable if the first part of the

Jun 19, 2015, 10:38 AM

W/L record consists of at least 4 digits

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

that or a majority of those are forfeits resulting from a

Jun 19, 2015, 10:45 AM

three decade long paper class scam?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he had some forfeits to attend some

Jun 19, 2015, 11:23 AM

turkey hunting?

seems spring gobbler is pretty high in his dirt

Jun 19, 2015, 11:24 AM

pecking order.

What I find ironic

Jun 19, 2015, 6:27 PM [ in reply to that or a majority of those are forfeits resulting from a ]

Is the man appears to be an avid turkey hunter and he was hired by the biggest "turkey" is the history of Clemson athletics.

Re: What I find ironic

Jun 19, 2015, 6:36 PM

I can't wait for Drad to sell us out to the NCAA and get us on probation for some reason like he did at Georgia Tech. We hired a man as AD that wants to use us as a stepping stone to the Business World.

2 words

Jun 19, 2015, 7:08 PM [ in reply to What I find ironic ]

Bobby Robinson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 145 losses are only acceptable if the first part of the

Jun 21, 2015, 6:40 PM [ in reply to 145 losses are only acceptable if the first part of the ]

Jack lost 171 games over the same time period at what everyone in the country (outside of Columbia) would consider a far superior program with superior facilities yet people got upset when the AD (justifiably) let him go. Funny how Leggett fans talk out of both sides of their mouth. Clemson was being bled by Leggett and has upgraded! I, for one, am looking forward to success under our new coach!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you're absolutely right & taking a closer look at his resume

Jun 19, 2015, 1:16 PM [ in reply to you're absolutely right & taking a closer look at his resume ]

For someone perfect,you don't make sense.Lighten up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have an eerie feeling that if you lightened up first...

Jun 19, 2015, 1:26 PM

i wood knot have to.

Jun 21, 2015, 6:44 PM [ in reply to you're absolutely right & taking a closer look at his resume ]

Jack lost 171 over the same time period!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2015, 6:53 PM

Jack was coaching big leagues not little

Jun 22, 2015, 8:57 AM

OK Coot!

Monte went 1-2 vs SC, didn't lose to V Tech when they played them, beat both Ga Southern and Charleston Southern, swept Furman, beat Coastal, and Auburn at an inferior school with inferior facilities.

Jack went 1-2 vs SC, lost a game to V Tech when we played them, lost to both Ga Southern and Charleston Southern, beat Furman, lost to Coastal, Winthrop, Woffard (split 1-1) and PC College (sorry I couldn't resist that) at a superior school with superior facilities. And who loses to Pepperdine???

Remind me who the little league coach is?

Means he won't blame the fans when he loses

Jun 19, 2015, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I'm not too comfortable with this quote... ]

and only thank the "loyal" fans if fired.

Re: Means he won't blame the fans when he loses

Jun 21, 2015, 6:52 PM

That's complete bs

Fire Kennedy!***

Jun 19, 2015, 9:58 AM

Re: New Story: Can Lee take Clemson to Omaha? An opposing coach speaks out

Jun 19, 2015, 11:16 AM

Lee was a good choice. I'm planning to go to more games this year. Win or lose I hop others do too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2015, 6:33 PM

That's the problem with many Clemson fans right there. You only go to sporting events when you like the coach instead of going to support the student-athletes. Yes, Jack is gone but all of those players next year with the exception of a few are still his players and even his recruits. Though Monte Lee can change them its still the same players why haven't you been supporting them?

Jun 19, 2015, 6:58 PM

Well stated ispy. Including the AD whom I only saw at a handful of games in all of arrogance, and fake smile. But suddenly he knows more about baseball then a HOF coach with exactly 1,133 more wins then he. May the ghost of 7 haunt him the rest of his career.

Jun 19, 2015, 11:37 AM

This was an A+ hire after a 3 or 4 year late firing. Fans who aren't happy are clueless.

Jun 19, 2015, 12:02 PM

As a longtime Clemson fan/grad (66) & follower of BB this hire appears to be a good one. But, no one will know for at least 2 years plus. What I do know from many years of personal experience that a "good turkey hunter" must have patience or he will fail; which a lot of "us folks" on T-net does not seem to have. Give the man time to establish his program before we "write him off as a failure." Go tigers...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2015, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Can Lee take Clemson to Omaha? An opposing coach speaks out ]

Agreed 100%!!! We got the one of the best young coaches in the country, for sure!! This is the guy we wanted, Trust Me!!!

When is the official Clemson press conference?

Jun 19, 2015, 4:39 PM

and intro.

Re: When is the official Clemson press conference?

Jun 19, 2015, 4:43 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17386693

TY***

Jun 19, 2015, 4:53 PM

might be picky

Jun 19, 2015, 7:04 PM

but I don't believe i would wear sunglasses that way in a presser

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic