Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Brent Venables discusses Winston, stopping Florida St.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Brent Venables discusses Winston, stopping Florida St.

Sep 16, 2014, 8:25 PM

Brent Venables discusses Winston, stopping Florida St.

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables spent the majority of Tuesday’s question and answer session with the media answering questions about Florida St quarterback Jameis Winston and last year’s 51-14 blowout loss to the Seminoles. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Brent Venables discusses Winston, stopping Florida St.

Sep 16, 2014, 9:00 PM

No coach, it is Clemson. We are not a tough smash-mouth team. Boston College was the only team that had FSU on the ropes last year, because despite not having top talent, their coach is devoted to his team playing rough, in-your-face football. They must have one hell of a strength program. Has anyone noticed that they just crushed an elite Southern Cal, team. I doubt that FSU would want to play them again this year. And, they could very well beat us. And DAbo is in denial again, saying that FSU shouldn't be favored over us. How the he$$ does he come up with this conclusion? This demonstrates to me his inability to see a buzz saw coming. I sense that Venables knows what is coming. And now we have Stoudt (a very average QB) running his mouth. Their defense will eat him alive. Dabo is a great recruiter, but as a coach???

Sep 16, 2014, 9:07 PM

nice try

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my goodness - looks like when they are outed they would quit

Sep 16, 2014, 9:27 PM

trying to post. SC pumper and by pumper I mean pumper. and on a good day cleaning my windshield.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

btw coach...whats the look on the fall ball crew

Sep 16, 2014, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Brent Venables discusses Winston, stopping Florida St. ]

any talent coming up? should I come out of retirement?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're dumb as a stump, even for a cocklover.

Sep 16, 2014, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Brent Venables discusses Winston, stopping Florida St. ]

Any questions?

Sep 16, 2014, 9:08 PM

Wish it was stomping Fsu not stopping

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2015, 3:44 PM

If the offense can keep some drives going that will help the defense. The head coach needs to keep a close eye on Chad in this game, if they start going 3 and out in 90 seconds make him slow it down.

Sep 16, 2014, 9:32 PM

"He's like all the great players; he's instinctive, fast, strong, he's got a big arm, he's a great decision maker, a great leader, confident, consistent, all those things". This is Brent's quote about Winston. He's also describing DW to a T. Ironic huh?

Sep 16, 2014, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Brent Venables discusses Winston, stopping Florida St. ]

3 plays and out would be much more acceptable if 2 and a half minutes were taken off the clock.

Sep 16, 2014, 9:44 PM

We got CDS starting CS over DW because CDS and CS are BFF's while CM and BV are saying ###. IPTAY needs to put a stop to the BS or else the HBC and 2 star DT and BW will walk away with another double digit win in FSU's house aka the house that jameis built according to the number one jerk crab boy/rapist.

How much more can he "slow it down" Three and outs

Sep 17, 2014, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Brent Venables discusses Winston, stopping Florida St. ]

only consume about 90 seconds. There's only so much time on the play clock!!

Keys = stop karlos williams on sweep!!!***

Sep 16, 2014, 9:21 PM

Sep 16, 2014, 9:34 PM

He has the totally wrong plan for stopping Winston. He should buy 20 pounds of the most expensive King Crab legs we can find. Boil them on the sideline during the game and he will keep running out of bounds to get a crab leg.

I have to disagree with BV a little

Sep 16, 2014, 10:12 PM

Yes FSU has had their way with just about everybody. But we are not supposed to be just everybody. We sink more money into our program than just everybody. With that and the recruiting classes plus coaches salaries not too mention the coaches telling us how great everyone looks at practice, we do not expect to be just like everybody.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

AGREE

Sep 17, 2014, 4:55 AM

Sounds a lot like some old rhetoric we've been hearing for a long time now.
It's not us it's them.
Turnovers aren't BV's fault, but the 3 plays and 30 seconds it takes for them to turn into opponent TD's sure are. That's one coach taking advantage of another whose defense isn't ready when it hits the field.
Not much different in the case of the OC. Turnovers are not always all the players fault. When you're asked to run a frenzied scheme meant to confuse everybody, guess what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, how many times did FSU score 51 or more last year

Sep 17, 2014, 10:01 AM [ in reply to I have to disagree with BV a little ]

Not many, but they did it to us and easily could have scored more but they called off the dogs in the 4th quarter.

And the prior year, how many times did they score 49? They were driving for 56 when they started kneeling on the ball deep in our territory.

Yep. Auburn played FSU close. CU took record-setting DV loss***

Sep 17, 2014, 4:49 PM [ in reply to I have to disagree with BV a little ]

Put up or Shut up

Sep 16, 2014, 10:33 PM

BV this is your one chance to do what you said you could do. You obviously failed versus UGA. Here's your chance to show us what you've been telling us for 2 years. Just do the #### job.

and David asked Brent, "We skrong?"

Sep 16, 2014, 11:14 PM

And steely eyed Brent replied confidently "We skrong Hood. We most definitely skrong"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn did it somehow for most of the game

Sep 17, 2014, 6:25 AM

watch that game film

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

BV Please retract "he's a leader" from your statement. Lawd!***

Sep 17, 2014, 9:54 AM

Let's face it, defense has not been Clemson's calling card

Sep 17, 2014, 10:08 AM

since VK left. Under Venables, we've had to outscore the good teams in shootouts to win.

Go back and find one game where the defense put up a massive effort for the team to win....
The only one that I can think of that comes close is the LSU game in the Peach bowl. The defense did OK in that game. Still gave up 24 points and we had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to win. But the defense did their job for most of the second half to give the offense opportunities to win.

"It's not a Clemson defense thing." Whut?***

Sep 17, 2014, 10:16 AM

J Winston in trouble again. Will CJF discipline him?

Sep 17, 2014, 11:16 AM

Prolly not. But maybe not let him start and then bring him in on the second series as kind of a token punishment. I think a lot of FSU fans are tired of JW's antics. I would be.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic