Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Breaking down the summer depth chart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Breaking down the summer depth chart

May 23, 2017, 7:01 AM

Breaking down the summer depth chart

Clemson released the summer depth chart Monday afternoon, and while there weren’t any earth-moving surprises, there were some interesting spots to take note of. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Breaking down the summer depth chart

May 23, 2017, 7:37 AM

Shaq Smith? Xavier Kelley?

^^^This! What the heck....***

May 23, 2017, 7:56 AM

May 23, 2017, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Breaking down the summer depth chart ]

Shaq Smith and his placement caught me off guard to.

May 23, 2017, 7:52 AM

Some interesting notes here....

First thing that jumps out at me is Pollard and Anchrum in a dead heat at RT. Surprising, because I thought Pollard stepped up huge last season...

Also, we have the best starting DL in college football, and it's not even close, but Huggy Bear, Pickney, and Robinson better be ready to go, cause we are going to need them on the rotation, and there needs to be very little drop-off like when Pagano rolled in....

May 23, 2017, 6:00 PM

Funny you mentioned that battle at RT; Me and a friend we're talking about that today...weird.

May 23, 2017, 8:22 AM

Tanner Muse is going to ball out this year. I remember hearing an interview last year where Dabo was praising him for being one of the fastest guys on the team. Can't wait to see him play. Great size at 6'2" and 220. Also, the kid backing him up is no slouch either.

May 23, 2017, 9:47 AM

He has impressed me with his speed, and with his ball hawking skills. He is a baller, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2017, 8:57 AM

Would have loved to see some explanation this morning as to how X. Kelly hasn't made the two-deep yet. Also, Feaster finished second last year behind Gallman despite less carries than Fuller & Choice yet still finds himself third on the chart? Hmm.

Lastly, how bad does it suck to be white & under 6-feet these days? Tucker... keep fighting the good fight man. Don't ever give up.

A little frustrated with some of this, not going to lie. Hope everyone is having a great spring thus far!

May 23, 2017, 9:48 AM

I feel your pain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pass protection has to be huge factor in decision making at

May 23, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Breaking down the summer depth chart ]

RB

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

May 23, 2017, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Breaking down the summer depth chart ]

Trust me this is just for fans and motivation to players for the summer and use in fall camp. Def think Xavier will be back up DE and could have a Lawson behind Beasley type year in my opinion if he gets healthy. A lot will change once fall practice starts I expect to see some additions to depth bc I think Kelley when healthy will be better than register. And shaq will def get into the 2 deep at LB too talented too keep him off the field atleast 2 deep!

May 23, 2017, 9:02 AM

Sounds great, but what about Shaq Smith and Xavier Kelly ? Is Tucker Israel going to be in mix, or move to another position and it will get really crazy when Trevor comes in next season. GO TIGERS!!!

It looks like Shaq Smith has a chance to claim the 2nd

May 23, 2017, 9:50 AM

string spot behind Joseph. Tucker Israel position change? To what? If he changes positions it's going to be the QB position at a different school.

Interesting!

May 23, 2017, 9:45 AM

IMO, Tucker Israel had the best Spring Game of all of them, and it didn't even look that close to me. I have no dog in this fight, and I have no preconceived guy who I think is the greatest. Just my observation. I will add, though, that Bryant has not shown me much in the passing game or in his passing skills when he has been in the games. Granted, it has mostly been mop up duty, and the play calling probably has been vanilla, but I want a QB who is a good passer, and not just a run threat. We have way too much talent at receiver for that. JMO

Re: Interesting!

May 23, 2017, 9:50 AM

Can't coach height ... same thing, no dog in fight, its just the way the game is with our monsters on the line.

Aside, here's to looking forward to not averaging 38 yards per punt this year ... when we are punting 20-25% shorter than the top 20 in Div 1 - that's not a good thing.

May 26, 2017, 1:31 PM

But with the defense Clemson plays, pooch punts are not bad at all. We pooched Alabama to death and it worked. As a matter of fact, I don't think the Tigers relinquished a punt return for a td last year. Good special teams and good defense compensate for a 38 yard average.

How could it not be close when he averaged less than 5 YPA?

May 23, 2017, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Interesting! ]

He was bad in the spring game. Granted, everyone else was a little worse, but i didn't see anything that excited me.

May 23, 2017, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Interesting! ]

AGREED 100% with the wr corp we will have. We need a qb to get the playmakers the ball. Not saying Bryant can't be that guy I think he can just don't have much passing film to look at for him. If he struggles with passing I think he will be replaced but I feel like if he works hard this summer and fall camp he can improve at passing getting first string reps. We will just have to see how this all plays out!! Also wonder how carter will start at nickel and cb? I guess when we need him at nickel he will move there and Mullens will come in at cb? Interested to see how that plays out

May 23, 2017, 6:43 PM

The big key to Bryant's success is if he can improve his passing game and learn to think pass first and run second. His first inclination is to run quickly before thinking about 2nd and third receivers getting open. He must learn to last first and not think run. I think Johnson takes this job because he is a passer first.

Tanner Muse.....

May 23, 2017, 10:38 AM

Gonna make some NEWS!!!!!!

I think there are things

May 23, 2017, 11:30 AM

Not being said at this point. In fact, why even release this info to begin with? It is meaningless. The coaches aren't foolish enough to tell all they know in May! Something to get you guys excited about and a chance to second guess Dabo and company..
I didn't even finish reading it all.

I'm sure they use this chart to motivate guys that

May 23, 2017, 11:30 AM

They know can play better and be special. Tucker, Shaq and many of the other guys not listed are probably guys they want to motivate over the summer to work harder to win a position this fall.

Everyone has a different button to push to help them work hard for their position and I'm sure this chart is used to kick their butts in gear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I'm sure they use this chart to motivate guys that

May 23, 2017, 11:32 AM

Totally agree.

May 23, 2017, 1:18 PM

I do find it kind of odd that D.J. Greenlee played only 25 snaps last year. He didn't appear on the depth charts in any of our last 6 games against Pitt,wake,usuc VT, OSU, or Bama. He may have played, but he wasn't listed on our depth chart. And now here he is taking over the second TE spot behind Milan Richard. I would have thought that 4* Cannon Smith would get the snaps behind Milan getting him as much needed game experience as he can until Garrett Williams recovers from his injury...Just saying, and I'm not questioning our coaches bc, they do know what's best, and what is best for our future!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Senority

May 23, 2017, 6:01 PM

;)

May 23, 2017, 1:49 PM

Going to Be interesting when carter is needed at nickel guess Mullens will step in at cb when carter is at nickel. I love how carter uses his small size to his advantage but staying on wr hip making it hard for wr to make a play when it's thrown to them!

Call me crazy but....

May 23, 2017, 5:58 PM

baring an injury...

I think Johnson will be the starter by the BC game.

#21 :)

Glad to see Greenlee moving up on the depth chart.***

May 23, 2017, 7:03 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic