Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Behind Enemy Lines, Notre Dame...Can the Irish win in Death Valley?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Behind Enemy Lines, Notre Dame...Can the Irish win in Death Valley?

Sep 30, 2015, 12:44 PM

Behind Enemy Lines, Notre Dame...Can the Irish win in Death Valley?

Saturday’s home game against Notre Dame is a big one, for both teams, and with that in mind TigerNet reached out to one of Notre Dame’s top beat writers to get a feel for this Fighitng Irish team. Photo by Matt Cashore / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow

Sep 30, 2015, 12:59 PM

Pretty bad someone that covers ND team think yall gone lose lol Saturday will tell the tell all you doubters will become believers

I thought it was a pretty honest assessmen of ND and Clemson

Sep 30, 2015, 1:07 PM

nm

Since when has it been a responsibility to be a homer of

Sep 30, 2015, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Wow ]

the team you cover?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Since when has it been a responsibility to be a homer of

Sep 30, 2015, 10:58 PM

Who told you to respond

I remember what the announcers said about Pee-Ron in the RAB

Sep 30, 2015, 1:27 PM

Our D stuffed him. His yards came in mop-up duty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Gotta love the "controversial" to the penalty against FSU.

Sep 30, 2015, 1:28 PM

Also, Doak is not Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

It's the very definition of the penalty

Sep 30, 2015, 1:29 PM

I mean, it's EXACTLY why the penalty is on the books.

That play, that exactly play call, would've worked perfectly without the receiver running directly (and obviously) into the CB. It was a boneheaded move by the WR who has to know not to be so dang obvious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's the very definition of the penalty

Sep 30, 2015, 1:44 PM

Exactly, the trick is that to do it well, you just want to brush them juust enough to make them slow down, alter their stride. Not run into them. Or, you know, so I hear. Not saying any tricks might be employed to teach less than forthright play from these young men! As one of my old coaches used to say, the reason it takes 3 years to become a good lineman is you have to teach them to hold and not get caught. Same principle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no doubt he was taught better

Sep 30, 2015, 1:46 PM

As he should've been. You run that route to the inside of the defender so he can't cross through you. You do not run into the defender.

Its the difference between a TD/WIN and a Penalty/LOSS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: It's the very definition of the penalty ]

Was just googling that play to see it again. Here's a different angle and explanation I'd never seen. http://www.wsbt.com/sports/a-new-look-at-that-controversial-call-during-nd-vs-fsu/29232562

Sep 30, 2015, 6:06 PM [ in reply to It's the very definition of the penalty ]

it was defensive holding. the wr didn't disengage from the cb because the cb was holding onto the wr's jersey. terrible call.

Oh, Pul-lease!

Sep 30, 2015, 9:34 PM

Only by totally switching off your brain can you say that was defensive holding. Wishful thinking!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am so tired of

Sep 30, 2015, 1:41 PM

hearing how "experienced" or "veteran" this ND team is or "Clemson's defense lost a lot of good guys to the league." Listen. If they were such experienced veterans then they wouldn't have been so lazy/nonchalant in their previous 3 games. They choose now to "step it up"? I think not. It's their style, it's what they have to work with, and like this guy said, the ship will eventually sink (if it's not already taking on water). All this hype about history and "we were one play away from beating FSU" bologna means nothing. Time to write a new history.

Get'er done Tigers! 28-17

Re: I am so tired of

Sep 30, 2015, 1:45 PM

One play from beating FSU? Is Tommy up there these days? I KEED I KEED, I don't want the Bowden Bash to begin.

i know the crowd is loud when we are defense however..

Sep 30, 2015, 1:44 PM

I doubt anyone hears a ND game barking out signals. I doubt his own team can hear him barking out signals.

Good read though!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i know the crowd is loud when we are defense however..

Sep 30, 2015, 2:02 PM

I believe he was referring to their Defensive guy making calls. Our crowd will be pretty quiet when we are on offense. Now, their Offensive team will have no chance to hear an audible, or at least that is what I expect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice Q&A gentlemen! I'd enjoy seeing these each week.***

Sep 30, 2015, 2:00 PM

I can't believe he picked Clemson to win. All of the ND fans

Sep 30, 2015, 2:03 PM

that I have talked to are all picking ND.

Do you know (m)any Clemson fans picking ND?***

Sep 30, 2015, 5:36 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Do you know (m)any Clemson fans picking ND?***

Sep 30, 2015, 7:24 PM

There are tons of fans that love the game and not know positions or what or how they operate. I was one of those fans when I first became a FB fan. Ask me then who was going to win, answer, Clemson without a doubt. Now I know enough that certain teams worry me more than others, and ND is one of those that worries me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you know (m)any Clemson fans picking ND?***

Sep 30, 2015, 11:00 PM

That's cause you dnt knw #### about Clemson football ??

So they have the best RB, WR, and LB in college football?

Sep 30, 2015, 2:22 PM

I'm always hearing their WR is the best. This guy says their RB is better than that WR and the LB is probably the best in CFB. I confess that RB does concern me.

Re: New Story: Behind Enemy Lines, Notre Dame...Can the Irish win in Death Valley?

Sep 30, 2015, 2:33 PM

Where is the" shamecock warrior". Hope he reads this.

Re: New Story: Behind Enemy Lines, Notre Dame...Can the Irish win in Death Valley?

Sep 30, 2015, 6:22 PM

> Where is the" shamecock warrior". Hope he reads this.

Crump threw down the hammer.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND has the best LB in college football????

Sep 30, 2015, 3:02 PM

LOL! Wait until he gets a load of Boulware!!

Sep 30, 2015, 3:21 PM

I don't know much about ND, but if we excel (relatively speaking) at passing and they excel (relatively speaking) at running, the weather will favor them. Lord, this is a biggie. Hope we can put it together.

I like his honesty except handling our crowd...

Sep 30, 2015, 3:46 PM

Tigers win but by a lot more!

I would like to see next series of photos from

Sep 30, 2015, 4:16 PM

that photo...I swear it looks like they are in love and about to kiss each other..

he's sandbagging. I don't believe he really thinks Clemson

Sep 30, 2015, 5:41 PM

wins the game. But I'll take it.

31-27 Clemson from a ND writer!!?

Oct 1, 2015, 6:34 AM

Suprised he hasnt lost his job and posters pinned on light poles and trees calling for his head! I do believe that Clemson has a heck of a shot at stopping the run game and pressuring Kizer to go to the air and let our corners and safeties do their jobs of intercepting and batting balls away. Its going to be a good game that comes down to the wire. Cant wait! GO TIGERS!!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic